Over 70 requirements?

janetz

On 4/21/2020 at 5:56 PM, CruisingAlong4Now said:

When you home school children, you have to on top of all these things.  And please, please do not call them all "averages". Arithmetic is not difficult, but it is precise.

And while we're at it, taking an average of several average values in not mathematically sound.  A lot of people seem think so, but it isn't.

Ok, off the math soapbox  🙃

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hlitner said:

About 10% of the North American population has diabetes, about 50% have hypertension and, 40% have obesity, 

In the USA, 34.2 million people, or 10.5% of the population, have diabetes. An estimated 26.8 million people - or 10.2% of the population - had diagnosed diabetes. Approximately 7.3 million people have diabetes but have not yet been diagnosed (2018).

Note the high number of people with undiagnosed diabetes.

I wonder what the policy is for not admitting to a chronic condition you do not know you have.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

It has definitely left the main web-page. But ... it still exists in their detailed information:

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/Health-Advisory-and-Travel-Safety-Procedures.pdf

Not anymore.

If you are still seeing this you are looked at a cached version, not a newly downloaded one.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, caribill said:

Not anymore.

If you are still seeing this you are looked at a cached version, not a newly downloaded one.

I'm reloading the document without the cache and still get this, paragraph B III:

image.png.9ceabfd3bea8545f2362122eaf95bf52.png

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

With the new updated  Princess Health Advisory guide; things are looking up.

It still says it bars anyone in contact with Covid 19 patients. I guess that means doctors and nurses who have been on the frontline of this crisis will now be barred from Princess ships. I for one think that at some point they deserve a vacation.

16 hours ago, AF-1 said:

If you guys click the link on post#60, the CEO addresses some of your issues about what may or may not happen with cruising. He talks about what the CDC is saying; and how they change things day to day.  It is an excellent video.  He also mentions how Carnival and all their sublines have enough money to last thru December; and fully expects to be up and running prior to December.  Cheers

Thanks for bugging us about the article and interview.  I agree that it was very well done and helpful. I was very impressed with the CEO.  
Everyone should listen to the interview to gain a better insight.  
It actually made me feel a little better concerning future possibilities and what happened recently.

jagoffee;  you are correct.  The CEO is the right guy for the job;  he took over right after Carnival had the pr disaster with the ship the lost all power.  He gives hope that we will cruise again; and when we do they will be totally compliant with CDC requests

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, caribill said:

Not anymore.

I agree. I went back and forth between Safari and Chrome several times before both showed the newer version with undisclosed medical conditions removed.

From other 70 thread, sorry....

We have a July 4, 2020 cruise booked on Ruby Princess out of Seattle. But since Princess hasn't  cancelled, we are afraid to chance our lives. This especially being 70 & many Carona viruses on that ship in Australia. If we cancel now & take a FCC(If allowed for our deposit), I see that the same cruise for 2021 is about $1,000 more. DOES THAT MAKE SENCE? For that same itinerary as this year which we wanted to include Glacier Bay & Skagway, would be on Emerald Princess for 2021. We had originally booked in early January 2020. Called the online travel agent I originally booked with who now says they will check with Princess given our ages & their new health restrictions. Also is Glacier Bay all it's cracked up to be as not many ships go there. But must see Glaciers if taking Alaska  cruise + want the Skagway train excursion. Some say Glacier  Bay is best versus Endicott Arm or others.   
Wait...Travel agent checked with Princess & called me back today. Princess told agent rep that over 70 both w/ high blood pressure  & cancer survivors we would need a doctor  note ok to board our Ruby Princess in Seattle. Otherwise we would need to cancel. But, travel agency insists they(agency, not Princess) would still charge us their $100 cancellation fee even if we accept a FCC. It's NUTS.  But, it's in their fine print. Of course, if Princess cancels, then no $100 fee & maybe bonus for accepting FCC. They will let me wait a week  on decision. Otherwise my final payment is due.
ANY ADVICE is appreciated. 

46 minutes ago, Willwils said:

We have a July 4, 2020 cruise booked on Ruby Princess out of Seattle. But since Princess hasn't  cancelled, we are afraid to chance our lives.

Seems to me, the most important thing to you is your health and well-being.  I don’t know why, exactly you don’t just cancel the cruise and think about all of this later.  There may be some financial loss implications and only you can decide what that means to you.  Have a look at current Princess policy on this.

Also, this whole business of chronic medical conditions seems to be up in the air too.  I have attached the latest Princess document on that too.  You’ll notice that talk of chronic illness is not in there any longer.

Good luck whatever you decide.

6229F1AA-CE84-4950-9E57-B1A504F037FD.png

Health-Advisory-and-Travel-Safety-Procedures.pdf

2 hours ago, Willwils said:

But, travel agency insists they(agency, not Princess) would still charge us their $100 cancellation fee even if we accept a FCC. It's NUTS.  But, it's in their fine print. Of course, if Princess cancels, then no $100 fee & maybe bonus for accepting FCC. They will let me wait a week  on decision. Otherwise my final payment is due.

ANY ADVICE is appreciated. 

In the future use a travel agency that does not have a cancellation fee.

• Thanks 2

On 4/21/2020 at 6:05 AM, neverbeenhere said:

Most likely all things will have “pre-existing condition” requirements, not directly age related. 

neverbeenhere,

How would the cruise lines know you had a pre-existing condition unless you voluntarily told them about it.  They can certainly determine your age but beyond that it would be problematic for them to know of someones health. 

On 4/23/2020 at 1:03 AM, neverbeenhere said:

A friend of mine is more concerned that the Cruise lines will put in a minimum I.Q. restriction rather than an Age restriction.

neverbeenhere

I doubt they would do the IQ restriction. Based on my observation of the average person on Facebook, the cruise lines would lose upwards of 90% of the potential passenger. 🙂

On 4/25/2020 at 5:22 PM, d9704011 said:

Also, this whole business of chronic medical conditions seems to be up in the air too.  I have attached the latest Princess document on that too.  You’ll notice that talk of chronic illness is not in there any longer.

Health-Advisory-and-Travel-Safety-Procedures.pdf 322.53 kB · 4 downloads

Don’t be fooled by Princess or CLIA, while the wording “chronic illness” may not be present, it has not disappeared.  From the PDF attachment, there is the following information.

“B. Health Screening of All Guests and Crew: Our medical experts are coordinating closely with international health authorities, and together we have developed a written traveler’s health declaration to be completed by all guests and crew prior to boarding. This health declaration screens for COVID-19 and advises guests and crew of their obligation to report any symptoms of illness. Please note: Given the serious nature of these circumstances, false responses on pre- boarding documents will result in immediate disembarkation at the next opportunity. Individuals who do not disclose symptoms of illness may
 also face additional legal consequences.
 C. Enhanced Screening for Certain Guests and Crew: Certain individuals will only be permitted to board based on successful secondary screening results. Secondary screenings will be conducted by the medical staff in the terminal prior to embarkation.”

A health declaration for all and a secondary screening for some. Health screening may take the form of what medication you have in your carryon and what is it for?  A cursory look at some people may suggest on-going and long term medical issues.  Whenever the cruise lines start to sail again, I think there will be some FCC’s issued on embarkation day and some folks will never get to use them.  I would suggest all this will take place before surrendering your checked bag and before xray/security of carryons.

I would hope that Princess clarifies and provides details so that cruisers can make an informed decision before cancellation deadlines.

1 hour ago, ken_ll said:

Don’t be fooled by Princess or CLIA, while the wording “chronic illness” may not be present, it has not disappeared.  From the PDF attachment, there is the following information.

“B. Health Screening of All Guests and Crew: Our medical experts are coordinating closely with international health authorities, and together we have developed a written traveler’s health declaration to be completed by all guests and crew prior to boarding. This health declaration screens for COVID-19 and advises guests and crew of their obligation to report any symptoms of illness. Please note: Given the serious nature of these circumstances, false responses on pre- boarding documents will result in immediate disembarkation at the next opportunity. Individuals who do not disclose symptoms of illness may
 also face additional legal consequences.
 C. Enhanced Screening for Certain Guests and Crew: Certain individuals will only be permitted to board based on successful secondary screening results. Secondary screenings will be conducted by the medical staff in the terminal prior to embarkation.”

A health declaration for all and a secondary screening for some. Health screening may take the form of what medication you have in your carryon and what is it for?  A cursory look at some people may suggest on-going and long term medical issues.  Whenever the cruise lines start to sail again, I think there will be some FCC’s issued on embarkation day and some folks will never get to use them.  I would suggest all this will take place before surrendering your checked bag and before xray/security of carryons.

I would hope that Princess clarifies and provides details so that cruisers can make an informed decision before cancellation deadlines.

You think that on embarkation that cruise lines will have time to go thru passengers bags to see what medications they are bringing with them?  This I have to see Because I do not carry my medications in their original bottles.  I do not know anyone who does.  This would be very interesting to see the delays and the law suites.

• Like 1

I actually do carry my meds in original bottles when I am leaving the country.

But I do agree that it is not likely that they will be able to do much more than check temperatures on boarding.