How confident would you be? May 2021

Haveuseen1

We were doing a May 20, 2020 B2B to Alaska and got cancelled by Princess. We have booked the exact same cruise next year for May 19, 2021.  Will it go?  No clue but we remain optimistic that it will.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/21/2020 at 6:35 PM, Haveuseen1 said:

I feel pretty good about it.  Sailing from Seattle to Alaska in May 2021.  

How do you feel about it?

I would not book anything until the lines actually start sailing again, unless you are in a position to lose your deposit.

Maasdam, May 17 2021 replacing May 18, 2020 14 nite to Alaska RT Vancouver. Paid deposit, they will get the rest of my money or FCC right before final payment date depending on if it seems safe for me to sail. I want to go.

On 4/21/2020 at 7:42 PM, Italy52 said:

We were doing a May 20, 2020 B2B to Alaska and got cancelled by Princess. We have booked the exact same cruise next year for May 19, 2021.  Will it go?  No clue but we remain optimistic that it will.

I hope so I reserved the star princess cruise tour on May 19th.

8 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

We are looking at booking June 2021. Splurging for our anniversary. It's on hubby's bucket list, but not necessarily mine.

It is so beautiful.  I was there in 2019 since it was on my bucket list and going back 2021

We canceled our July 2020 Caribbean cruise  (assuming it would be canceled and didn't want the money tied up in FCC) with a refundable deposit. With the great deals we have seen just booked the whole family (5 adults) for Alaska next July!  My parents are still hopeful they will be on their September Oasis OTS cruise and a 2 week BTB in January so we feel pretty confident. We will reassess once flights come out and discuss how we feel. We booked refundable deposit just to be safe. 

mom always said "put a pile of dog crap in one hand and all your wishes in the other, guess which weighs the most"

I wouldn't bet on anything that's not totally refundable .....  Delta just refunded $12k in flights to my BoA cc but BoA says it'll cost 3% if I want to convert that back to cash.

How can anyone book for alaska this far out for 2021. There is to many variables that could or couldn't happen at this time. Flight, coach and cruise protocols will all change at some point.

Vaccine may not be available or insurance for that matter to cover anything associated with this pandemic.

We are going to sit and wait and would only commit with all refundable deposits.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, portcbob said:

How can anyone book for alaska this far out for 2021. There is to many variables that could or couldn't happen at this time. Flight, coach and cruise protocols will all change at some point.

Vaccine may not be available or insurance for that matter to cover anything associated with this pandemic.

We are going to sit and wait and would only commit with all refundable deposits.

Well, I had a non-refundable deposit with RCL for a 2020 cruise that was actually almost paid off, I decided to switch to a June 2021 sailing.  Frankly, this gives me something to look forward to and plan.  I am optimistic that things will be better by then.

We may have a vaccine by then of if not at least much better treatment.  In addition, there may be herd immunity.

On 4/21/2020 at 6:35 PM, Haveuseen1 said:

I feel pretty good about it.  Sailing from Seattle to Alaska in May 2021.  

How do you feel about it?

To be honest, I no longer feel confident about anything travel-related.  We're booked for an August 2021 cruisetour, but that's not a re-book.  We booked that as soon as the 2021 Alaska itineraries went out because we wanted a specific cabin location.  I'm hopeful, but definitely not confident that it will happen or that we will go.  It's over a year out and things are too iffy right now.  I do have a countdown on my person home page, but we'll see.

Edited by SunsetPoint

We cancelled our September, 2020, Celebrity Millennium Alaska cruise/tour and rebooked for May 21, 2021. I do not have a crystal ball as to what will happen. It feels good to plan and hope, but if necessary we will kick the can down the road to 2022. We were able to get the cabin we wanted and have called twice to reprice with different promotions.

We saw a news report yesterday that some promising vaccines have been funded for production in the US before the necessary testing has been completed. Testing will proceed, and if the vaccines are found to be effective and safe they will already be available to distribute. Fingers crossed that we can be vaccinated early in 2021 and fly to Anchorage on May 18, 2021. Trying to be optimistic, cautious, and wise. 

• Like 1

We've just booked for May 2021 too and are feeling good about it. There is no point feeling negative about things and what will be, will be. 

I don't think many industries will survive 12 months of zero operation so I have a feeling we will know the companies (holiday, flight, hotel) ect which are going to survive the pandemic well before next May. 

• Like 1