Wasted Space

IMHO There is a lot of venues on most ships that are under utilized. Like some night clubs where there is almost no one in them.

I think they could maximize some of these places to spread people out more.

What do you think?

Any ideas?

• Like 1

One of the many complaints about Carnival Vista is someone decided to cut down space for free stuff for more pay stuff. They cut the comedy club and theater about in half. Now it's really hard to see a comedian and not have to stand up or wait in line a long time. Theater if you dont go early apt to be behind a pole. Previous ships had two decks of balconies and I'm sure some beard said, wasted space, not producing income.

Be careful what you wish for. 

16 minutes ago, locksley10 said:

IMHO There is a lot of venues on most ships that are under utilized. Like some night clubs where there is almost no one in them.

What do you think?

Any ideas?

Bionic bar - a total waste of space.  Dazzles upstairs - another wasted space. Bridge ditto (just kidding 🤪)

15 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Bionic bar - a total waste of space.  Dazzles upstairs - another wasted space. Bridge ditto (just kidding 🤪)

You want to see a ton of wasted space. Go on the celebrity Edge. The Apex will be the same. Once for us was more than enough.

17 hours ago, locksley10 said:

What do you think?

Any ideas?

Depends on sailing. Not that I use them but see some them filled on ones I take... Not going anywhere

Edited by ONECRUISER

3 hours ago, MLBFan24 said:

I agree, Dazzles is a terrible venue with a very poor layout. 

I do agree with the layout of Dazzles.  I love going in there in the daytime when not being used for the view of the Boardwalk. 

• Like 1

Imo, nightclubs are being used for multiple things these days, like the comedian. And it doesn’t open up for dancing until 10-11ish.  There is quite a few people who like to go out for late night drinks.

as for Dazzles... ugh, I have to admit. I just don’t go there.  But they use those type of venues for other activities throughout the day and then use as an entrainment venue late night. 

it’s like the art auctions, I went to one on my first cruise in 2005 but haven’t been back since. Just not my thing. 

Bionic Bar, amazingly I love this spot and don’t miss the Champaign bar at all. But that’s me. 

I do agree that there are some wasted spaces (jazz club on oasis class is empty during daytime) but at least they offer a large variety of activities and entertainment for a diverse group of people. 

Hey, don’t forget when the weather sucks people need to go somewhere and those places are filled.

Edited by csnarpy

20 hours ago, locksley10 said:

What do you think?

Any ideas?

I think that inside and ocean view without balconies cabins shouldn't be sold for the next few months.  In the event any resurgence of the virus, or another returns at least people with have the ability to get fresh air-  This will also solve the crowding problems on the ship

I just think this might be an alternative to being sure less people sail and are spread out more-  A  temporary suggestion.

It will be interesting to see what Royal does with various venues.  They are no stranger to changing the use of venues.  Have read here on CC how venues become gambling locations when ships move to Asian market. 

On 5/19/2020 at 11:16 AM, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

You want to see a ton of wasted space. Go on the celebrity Edge. The Apex will be the same. Once for us was more than enough.

We were on the Edge in Feb 2020. Totally agree! A lot of wasted space. This seems to be a norm with Celebrity ships. However, it wad a beautiful ship.