Celebrity Will Announce Suspension Through July 31

RICCruisers

I hope it’s a lot more specific than that. Obviously there won’t be any Alaska cruises this year.

Princess was pretty aggressive with cancelling most cruises through 2020 but at least people don’t have to keep wondering if their cruises will go or not and be strung along month by month. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Pushka said:

And that date, 20th May, is just past the final payment date for cruises starting by end of July. 

Yup, my final date for our Aug 16th cruise was yesterday. 

mac_tlc

If true (no reason to think it isn't) this was really telegraphed by Carnival.  The major lines will work in tandem in consultation with CLIA.  They can't lobby as one if they don't act as one.  Still as of yesterday, they emailed my DW asking her to complete her booking on a phantom June Infinity itinerary I had checked just to see if they would take a full payment.  Of course they would.  Tsk Tsk. 

1 hour ago, Pushka said:

And that date, 20th May, is just past the final payment date for cruises starting by end of July. 

In my opinion,  cagey and obnoxious. Predictable pattern at this point.  Get in all those final payments and then cancel...and make yet another group of folks wait a long time  for larger amounts way beyond the initial deposit.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, hcat said:

In my opinion,  cagey and obnoxious. Predictable pattern at this point.  Get in all those final payments and then cancel...and make yet another group of folks wait a long time  for larger amounts way beyond the initial deposit.

I totally agree with you.

I am glad that we’ll finally be able to request a refund for our June 13 Apex cruise out of Rome. But I’m so disappointed in how Celebrity has handled the cancellations, no FCC or lift and shift for us. We are done.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

My final payment date is 28 May for a 27 August cruise.  I don't think I will be making final payment and just transfer my non-refundable deposit to a future cruise.  I would have hoped they would have cancelled all Med cruises by now  considering the current climate in Europe.  🍷

• Like 2

Have several Celebrity cruises planned, but will say Princess cancelled our cruise planned for end of August to Europe a bit ago and that relieved some stress..and had changed final payment to 60 days..  but also upgraded our cabin the day before cancellation 😜

1 hour ago, NinaBlue22 said:

I am glad that we’ll finally be able to request a refund for our June 13 Apex cruise out of Rome. But I’m so disappointed in how Celebrity has handled the cancellations, no FCC or lift and shift for us. We are done.

Bye  😢

Sorry we'll never meet

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Margarita Jane said:

I am still waiting for my FCC from 3/15 Eclipse sailing, cancelled 3/14, and refund of my beverage pkg, Internet pkg, anc excursions. Also waiting for refund of cancelled excursions from 8/16 Summit . I am beyond frustrated.

Did you book direct with Celebrity or through a TA?  We cancelled the 15th March Eclipse sailing 48 hours before.  We received our 100% FCC within 45 days and the taxes and cabin upgrade amount back to the card within four weeks.  Have you queried it with them?

I believe one must wait  until notice of cancellation.  Can't jump the gun or folks will miss out on a cash refund to Cred Card ( eventually).

At least folks will know for sure  about their cruises and can unwind related res for airfare and hotel if booked independently.

Feel bad for the honeymoon couple on related thread!

I booked through the big box TA.  I have called X several times....I did get refunded taxes and fees, but not the bev pkg, internet and shore excursions. It is one thing to be holding onto my money, but I don’t understand X not issuing the FCC. 

33 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

No matter what day the decide to cancel through, it will mean someone will be just after final payment date.

Agree, there is no perfect date on reopening or cxling cruises out so far in advance.  Moving the bar 2 months at a time or so makes sense from a business perspective.  The whole situation is so fluid overall.  There is alot of evaluation that needs to go on every day, from countries, to people and what it will take to get the ships moving again.....resupply (supply chain is very very slow right now and not fully operational) and much more.  I wouldnt even know or venture a guess on time frame at this point. 

3 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Let's see if they announce anything today and what it says before being stressed about the initial post saying July 31.

Yeah...they need to announce something soon, but IF and WHEN are the big questions. Given the OP's reluctance to EVER site any sources (claiming they promised not to reveal), I'm waiting to hear from X or my TA when anything is official.

22 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Yeah...they need to announce something soon, but IF and WHEN are the big questions. Given the OP's reluctance to EVER site any sources (claiming they promised not to reveal), I'm waiting to hear from X or my TA when anything is official.

I'm not sure if you are talking about me as the OP.  If you are, I never claimed not to reveal my source.  I simply stated what my TA said on a call yesterday when I was booking a new cruise.  It was in answer to my question about when X would announce a new date for the suspensions.  As I understand the rules, you cannot name TA's on CC.

10 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

I'm not sure if you are talking about me as the OP.  If you are, I never claimed not to reveal my source.  I simply stated what my TA said on a call yesterday when I was booking a new cruise.  It was in answer to my question about when X would announce a new date for the suspensions.  As I understand the rules, you cannot name TA's on CC.

I apologize if I misread in another post - someone, I thought it was you but perhaps not stated that they were informed on the condition of not revealing their source (or something like that). Again, if that was not you, I apologize.

16 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

Well your TA certainly has a source that the rest of the travel industry does not. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I apologize if I misread in another post - someone, I thought it was you but perhaps not stated that they were informed on the condition of not revealing their source (or something like that). Again, if that was not you, I apologize.

No problem. I know lots of people are very anxious to have X be upfront on future cruises and make official what many of us expect. I hope what she told me is correct and I will apologize if it is wrong. 

• Like 1