Celebrity Will Announce Suspension Through July 31

RICCruisers

13 minutes ago, sippican said:

Well your TA certainly has a source that the rest of the travel industry does not. 

Yep. Mine is always super proactive whenever she hears anything and I've heard nothing from her. I have my game plan ready when the announcement DOES come (FCC and I can upgrade to AQ on the cruse I'm going to apply it to and that will actually put it less than I'm paying no FCC for an OV cabin), but I'm doing nothing until Celebrity actually makes the move.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tacbets21 said:

Agreed.  Not happy with the way Celebrity has been handling this.  

Yes we totally agree, final payment for our land cruise tour package is in for August 1st to 14ht and nothing is being put out to us. Kind of deceitful ! Some many question on air travel, which has changed numerous time , plus embarkation and dis embarkation issues . Dining shows , too much uncertainty . Got calls in to our travel company and emails and no returns!!!!

19 minutes ago, Captain Rob said:

Has somebody put 2 and 2 together and got 5 from this pre-announced financial statement that was being made today by RCCL.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22975-royal-caribbean-provides-business-update-reports-q1-2020-earnings.html

Perhaps, but with Princess, now NCL’s announcement this morning...I would expect Celerity to post something this afternoon. They’ve made it clear they are cooperating with one another on this. 

3 minutes ago, Argo. said:

Michael Bayley announced (on a conference call) that cruises will be cancelled until July 31 except for the Asian market which may start sooner.  Further clarification will come this afternoon.

Interesting regarding the Asia market.

Other interesting info from the call. 

Breakeven passenger load factors is between 30-50%, less for newer builds because of scales of economy,more fuel efficient, more cabin choices.

They DID NOT want to disclose their current plans on what would happen when cruises startup if a passenger contacts Covid-19. They said when it gets closer to when they will startup sailings they will be FULLY TRANSPARENT as to everything they will being doing. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Margarita Jane said:

I am still waiting for my FCC from 3/15 Eclipse sailing, cancelled 3/14, and refund of my beverage pkg, Internet pkg, anc excursions. Also waiting for refund of cancelled excursions from 8/16 Summit . I am beyond frustrated.

REALLY? Here is a post I made in another thread regarding the 15MAR20 Eclipse sailing:

I knew we wouldn't be doing our 15MAR cruise at the end of February so on the 28th I cancelled our shore excursions, bev pack upgrade and specialty dining. On Friday March 6th Celebrity issued the CWC plan and on that day we cancelled our 15MAR Eclipse sailing. Our refund timeline was like this:

28FEB20 - cancelled cruise planner items; refund on credit card 03MAR20

06MAR20 - cancelled cruise under CWC; MoveUp bid refunded 09MAR20; taxes/fees refunded 10MAR20 and FCC for 100% of cruise fare issued 15MAR20

We're right to the PENNY with our refunds and FCC's.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

Princess was pretty aggressive with cancelling most cruises through 2020 but at least people don’t have to keep wondering if their cruises will go or not and be strung along month by month. 

Doesn’t help me, our cruise should have been August 1st.

I actually cancelled on April 17th, because at that time Celebrity still needed a ‘ Fit to Sail’ doctors letter, for the over 70’s. Glad we made the decision to cancel, as we were due to pay on May 3rd. No way was I going to give Celebrity £5000+ to still be strung along. 

As our cruise was ex Southampton, it would still have needed to do a TA, so I still can’t see it happening, as I don’t think the CDC order ends until JUlY 26th.

Edited by upwarduk

50 minutes ago, Argo. said:

Michael Bayley announced (on a conference call) that cruises will be cancelled until July 31 except for the Asian market which may start sooner.  Further clarification will come this afternoon.

This was posted on the royal caribbean blog today.   My guess is that all RCCL cruise lines will follow but might list a few exceptions too.  We will see.

Edited by TeeRick

4 hours ago, deliver42 said:

No matter what day the decide to cancel through, it will mean someone will be just after final payment date.

A 25% FCC is not worth having thousands of dollars tied up for months. You can beat their game by NOT paying your final payment.

We booked our air separately. If we aren’t 100% sure the cruise will go before final we will cancel. We only book fully refundable deposits and can always rebook the cruise closer to sail date (which we will now make a habit of). 

57 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Other interesting info from the call. 

They DID NOT want to disclose their current plans on what would happen when cruises startup if a passenger contacts Covid-19. They said when it gets closer to when they will startup sailings they will be FULLY TRANSPARENT as to everything they will being doing. 

Hahahaaaaaaa!!! Gasp!  Hahahaaaa..... what a JOKE!

Celebrity being FULLY TRANSPARENT?? Yeah, right.  They've withheld cancelation dates, lied about refunds ("port fees and taxes with be refunded within ten days"), and are continuing to lie to crew still onboard. They wouldn't know FULL transparency if it smacked them in the face.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, julia said:

Hahahaaaaaaa!!! Gasp!  Hahahaaaa..... what a JOKE!

Celebrity being FULLY TRANSPARENT?? Yeah, right.  They've withheld cancelation dates, lied about refunds ("port fees and taxes with be refunded within ten days"), and are continuing to lie to crew still onboard. They wouldn't know FULL transparency if it smacked them in the face.

Are you feeling that another line may be more to your liking in the future? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Wine-O said:

My final payment date is 28 May for a 27 August cruise.  I don't think I will be making final payment and just transfer my non-refundable deposit to a future cruise.  I would have hoped they would have cancelled all Med cruises by now  considering the current climate in Europe.  🍷

Wonder what this new date extension (7/31) does to sailings scheduled to depart on August 2nd.   Doubt if Port Liberty will be open by then but who knows?

18 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

I just heard from my TA that Celebrity will be extending cruise suspensions through July 31 tomorrow (May 20). 

Makes sense they announced last night that they got some financial relief. We have a cruise on July 6.  So we’ve been waiting.  

53 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

This was posted on the royal caribbean blog today.   My guess is that all RCCL cruise lines will follow but might list a few exceptions too.  We will see.

That would be 71 sailings to be canceled by X alone. You think there might be exceptions?

1 minute ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

They need to make a date change in that paragraph about shore excursions, etc. Their deadline in there is April 8. LONG past!!

All of their announcements seem to have a few errors. Proof reading is not one of their strong suits, amazing given the number of people who read them. Just plain sloppiness.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

All of their announcements seem to have a few errors. Proof reading is not one of their strong suits, amazing given the number of people who read them. Just plain sloppiness.

X website still offers these cruises:

X JunJulSailings.png

• Like 1