Coco Cay ?

7 hours ago, fisherguy said:

Hey if anyone finds my Wedding Band that I lost there on the beach 28 years ago, let me know!

Are metal detectors allowed. Seems like the kinda thing RVL would ban just because they can. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2020 at 5:02 PM, Charles4515 said:

There is also the Snack Shack.

Loved the Snack Shack! Only time I've had a funnel cake in the rain in the Caribbean, and it was delightful. The other food was ok, and at least something different from the usual cruise/beach food. 

The buffet lunch on Coco Cay was quite nice, and all the fresh fruit was delicious. Not just the usual melons, but also mango and papaya! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CapeGal said:

Well now that the Bahamas has closed its country again, does this include Coco Cay too since it’s part of said country??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, Coco Cay is part of the Bahamas and under the authority of the Bahamian government.

I was skeptical about the new and improved Coco Cay. Yes, there is the flashy pay extra areas, but I found the beach areas to be great. Chairs and umbrellas at the lagoon area. Easy to find a chair with Anthem and Grandeur in port. The dining is way superior to the other private beaches RCCL runs - way better. So many more choices, good ones. No annoying beach hawkers. Walk from the pier to the complex; remember all the "not today, folks" as anchoring was canceled. It was a great day without extra pay.

I don't care for the other ports on the Bahamas itineraries and the Customs stop in Port Canaveral is dreadful (depending on itinerary order). But Coco Cay was great.