December 2020

raz455

When we learned that our July Alaska cruise was going to be cancelled the day after final payment, I contacted Princess and asked for our fare to be moved to our upcoming December Caribbean cruise.Although it still has not been transferred, I am now learning that the December cruise will probably be cancelled as well. I have heard a lot of speculation but am I missing something?  Has Princess stated that the remainder of the 2020 season has been cancelled?  

Since this is July and the CDC has halted cruise ships from sailing until the end of this month; we will wait to hear from the CDC to see if they lift the ban on cruise ships or they extend the no sail order to later in the year.

Our December 5 sailing on the Enchanted hasn't been canceled and I do expect the ship will be finished by then;  However I'm holding our final payment until a few days before the deadline to see what happens.  

I'd give anything scheduled between now and the end of the year a less than 10% chance of operating.  Regardless of whether the cruises are still listed for sale, it does not mean it will actually operate.  At this point in time it's more a matter of cruise lines managing work flow/refunds on already cancelled cruises rather than extending cancellations out further than they have.  I'd expect another round of cancellations by the end of this month or in early August possibly taking us through the end of the year.  

With the US setting new daily records for cases and little to nothing being done to control or curb the spread of the virus by government, I just do not see cruising as being allowed at any time in the near future.  I'd honestly be surprised at this point if anything sails prior to end of Q1 2021.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 1

Thank you all for your responses.  I am thinking to book our flights via Princess.  That way I don't have to pay until 45 days prior and, by then, we should know if the cruise is still on . . .yes?  

raz455

I have read your posts regarding a Caribbean cruise slated for this December.

I am not being trying to be rude,but I have to ask, do you really want to be on a cruise ship five months from now considering the state of the health crisis in our country now?

You mention booking flights to get to the embarkation port,which I assume to be in Florida. Are you comfortable with the thought of flying and being in Florida  which is presently seeing a spike of Covid-19?

I do realize that we all have different opinions and attitudes regarding travel at this time,but you would not find my DH and I contemplating such a vacation as you are planning. As a matter of fact,we were booked on an early November 2020 repositioning cruise on the Sky Princess from NY to some Caribbean islands with disembarkation in Ft Lauderdale. We cancelled the cruise several weeks ago. The cruise will most likely be cancelled by Princess, but we did not feel comfortable with such a vacation during this pandemic, so,we cancelled well before final payment  and have received our refundable deposit.

YMMV and  I wish you good luck !  

On 7/13/2020 at 9:57 PM, raz455 said:

Thank you all for your responses.  I am thinking to book our flights via Princess.  That way I don't have to pay until 45 days prior and, by then, we should know if the cruise is still on . . .yes?  

Yes, 45 days is correct. Also, if Princess cancels the cruise, they will also cancel the EZ Air arrangements.

On 7/13/2020 at 10:44 PM, MJSailors said:

raz455

I have read your posts regarding a Caribbean cruise slated for this December.

I am not being trying to be rude,but I have to ask, do you really want to be on a cruise ship five months from now considering the state of the health crisis in our country now?

You mention booking flights to get to the embarkation port,which I assume to be in Florida. Are you comfortable with the thought of flying and being in Florida  which is presently seeing a spike of Covid-19?

I do realize that we all have different opinions and attitudes regarding travel at this time,but you would not find my DH and I contemplating such a vacation as you are planning. As a matter of fact,we were booked on an early November 2020 repositioning cruise on the Sky Princess from NY to some Caribbean islands with disembarkation in Ft Lauderdale. We cancelled the cruise several weeks ago. The cruise will most likely be cancelled by Princess, but we did not feel comfortable with such a vacation during this pandemic, so,we cancelled well before final payment  and have received our refundable deposit.

YMMV and  I wish you good luck !  

A lot can happen in five months. We are booked on the Island 14 day Circle Caribbean for 12/20/20. I am hopeful, but I am also considering changing to Panama Canal on the Coral for late April.

5 hours ago, mickrory said:

Princess still selling Coral Panama Canal cruises for September and October.

Is anyone booking them?

We were booked on that one earlier this year and thankfully, canceled right before the CoVid lockdown after finding out it interfered with our nephew's wedding.  I was so disappointed but now I'm glad I canceled it when I did. That would have been an amazing cruise but, I don't give it even a 1% chance of actually happening.  The mayor of LA isn't even opening schools for the fall semester and we've reverted nearly all the way back to the stay at home order in several counties in California, Los Angeles being one of them.  If anyone is still booking them, I'd hope they'd do so with full knowledge that it just won't happen.  

I just cancelled 3 more Princess bookings for 2021

I am still waiting for FCC and now I have more FCD in the bank with Princess (because of cancelled bookings)

my gut feeling - NO sailings from USA at least until mid 2021, Princess has no idea how poorly they are treating their loyal Elite 

passengers from the past (are maybe they do know, but don't care)

they aren't getting any more of my money to hold onto until I am SURE they will be sailing the cruises that I am still booked on.

and right now, I wouldn't trust Princess regarding anything

• Haha 1