Things you will Never see on a cruise again

Laszlo

33 minutes ago, bluecruisin said:

Hopefully no more buffets, I have never been a fan

In my opinion, buffets will continue to be a feature but in a new format, no more self-serve, kind of like the ice cream station or omelet station.

• Like 1

Buffets, whether self-serve or "cafeteria-style" with staff serving (a la Holland-America) are one of the main reasons many people cruise. They won't go away. I get bored with the dining rooms after a few days (bored with the food and the slow pace of service) and end up eating in the buffet most of the time. To each his own, of course. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Laszlo said:

This is one of them

Probably the most lasting memory of my one NCL cruise on the Jewel  in 2007. Found it absolutely disgusting. CD was Paul Baya and he hyped it every night prior to the 'big show'.  Ugh.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MarkWiltonM said:

Buffets, whether self-serve or "cafeteria-style" with staff serving (a la Holland-America) are one of the main reasons many people cruise.

LOL. While I enjoy eating in the buffet on both Celebrity and HAL, and would hate to see them go, I don't think they're a reason, let alone a main reason, that I cruise.😷

1 hour ago, Snit13 said:

Twice on NCL was enough for me.

I loved NCL in 80’s and 90’s they fell apart about the time there freestyle dinning started. The old SS Norway was a great ship in its time. Also agree buffet will be fine with staff serving some people want a quick meal.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

LOL. While I enjoy eating in the buffet on both Celebrity and HAL, and would hate to see them go, I don't think they're a reason, let alone a main reason, that I cruise.

As I said, to each his own. We may be quite atypical cruisers.  We don't drink alcohol, gamble, or swim on cruise ships. We don't use the thermal suite and we rarely use the spa services. I would never step foot in a communal hot tub, and we find the shows in the theater amateurish on all cruise lines. What does that leave? Food is the primary aspect of cruising for us along with the ability to relax and read books while enjoying the ocean. And a little card-playing. Most of all, we like the daily change of scenery you get with a cruise and the fact that we have no responsibilities while on board except to enjoy ourselves.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MarkWiltonM said:

As I said, to each his own. We may be quite atypical cruisers.  We don't drink alcohol, gamble, or swim on cruise ships. We don't use the thermal suite and we rarely use the spa services. I would never step foot in a communal hot tub, and we find the shows in the theater amateurish on all cruise lines. What does that leave? Food is the primary aspect of cruising for us along with the ability to relax and read books while enjoying the ocean. And a little card-playing. Most of all, we like the daily change of scenery you get with a cruise and the fact that we have no responsibilities while on board except to enjoy ourselves.  

We are almost the same as you.  Don’t want to be in a public cesspool.  I do enjoy a few drinks or maybe more than I should. We have a few more cruises booked and that may be the end of it 

i do like the change of scenery and sitting on my deck now using my IPad and having a beer while on  a break from outside work  I just turn around to get a different view if I need to.

Am also saving a lot of money by not cruising.   Not only is it better on my bank account it is better on my waist line. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

3 hours ago, MarkWiltonM said:

Buffets -- They won't go away.

I get bored with the dining rooms after a few days (bored with the food and the slow pace of service) and end up eating in the buffet most of the time. To each his own, of course. 

Couldn't agree more😁

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, hcat said:

What on Earth?

Makes the EDEN show look good!

Yes!

I was going to say that after hearing so many complaints about the entertainment on X, whatever that is definitely makes X's shows look amazing. 😁

Edited by C-Dragons

Just now, C-Dragons said:

Yes!

I was going to say that after hearing so many complaints about the entertainment on X, that definitely makes X's shows look amazing. 😁

To be fair that wasn't really entertainment per say. It was done on the second to last or last night after all the big shows. It was members of the crew who put the skit on

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

To be fair that wasn't really entertainment per say. It was done on the second to last or last night after all the big shows. It was members of the crew who put the skit on

That's putting it mildly.  I've seen more entertaining skits on Monty Python, and they’re way out there... 😉