The Daily for Sunday Aug 2, 2020

richwmn

37 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

My jokes are "real", says Jay Bhanushali - PTI feed News

NEWS FLASH!!!

We just received our refund from our 3-21-2020 4 week cruise!  Allen says since we didn't draw any interest for the 8 months HAL had our $20,000+ that they may give us a bottle of champagne on our next cruise. What do ya'll think 🤭

Hmmm. 8 months interest on ~$20k at today’s rate. You might get a can of coke. Or an airliner size bottle of wine. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Signing in from a rainy (yeah) Southern Ontario.  Thanks again Rich for keeping us up to date on the marine traffic, a few of the beauties are on the move.  I never was one for ice cream sandwiches, but I do like the middle!  Friendship and forgiveness on the same day.  I will definitely pass on the meal suggestion, no thank you.  I will be thinking of those in the path of the storm 🌧and wishing well to those who are under the weather.🌼🌸🌺

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Also I recognize the beach in St. John; it is Trunk Bay and I remember snorkeling there in 2006 with DH and our daughter who we brought along on a cruise with us.  Beautiful!

I wasn't sure if it was Trunk Bay or Hawksnest.  Thank you for the clarity.  I love the St. John beaches.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Please Forgive Me GIFs | Tenor

Good morning Rich, thank you for the Daily. Wow! Ice cream, friends and forgiveness. A great day for celebration!

@cat shepard how are you and Bindi? Is Bindi hiding in the closet? Poor babies going through storms..

Hi sweet sis Denise! How did dinner turn out? We were full from lunch, so chose the lobster tails and made them into an appetizer for dinner.

I love Sancerre wine. Went to many wine caves throughout France. Love French wine. We biked through the vineyards in Beaune and fell in love with the places we stayed. When will we get to safely go back is the big question.

Everyone have a safe day. Wear your mask. Thank God for your blessings. Forgive and ask for forgiveness. If you feel like you can't forgive and forget, pick one..

Good morning sister!! Just got up coffee in hand! Started The Daily and loved the kitten!! I too am thinking of Ann and Bindi!

So hoping this hurricane misses her completely and only rain! Fingers crossed for them! Paisley goes wild when she hears thunder and lightning! Fireworks also! My fridge has 2 bottles of my fav Sancerre wine!! As you I fell in love with so many in Nice and our little Seaside market carries many that I enjoy! Finally a huge congrats 🎊🎈🍾 on receiving back your 20K!!!!!  As you I sure hope we all can continue our cruising in the future! 
🌺❤️
Out dinner was so good!! I so enjoy cooking especially when I have all fresh ingredients! I made my fish stock first which takes awhile but the end results are worth it!

Denise😊

PS Now I will read on with everyone’s 

reply’s! Stay safe

• Like 4

2 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Morning Joy.  It is a lovely, sunny morning here. Rain expected to start this afternoon. Tropical storm conditions expected between 8 p.m. tonight & 8 a.m. tomorrow - if the storm stays organized.  Lots of rain expected here, even if the wind lessens.

I suspect my worst problem will be finding a break in the rain bands, so I can get Bindi out. She HATES getting wet.  

I might lose my cable & cell service depending on storm conditions, so if you do not hear from me tomorrow morning - don’t worry. ❤️

Good morning Ann!

We were watching CNN last night and we were concerned about how strong this storm was going to be!  I so am glad it is a tropical storm even with all the heavy rains!! I sure can agree with you on Bindi and taking her out when you can!! Pais hates the rain also! 
Hope your service of cable and cell will be ok! Will be thinking of you!

Stay safe

🌺❤️Denise😊

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Overhead Fred said:

From our November, 2002 (US Thanksgiving) cruise on the Zaandam.

I am pretty sure this is sunrise as we approached Sint Maarten. It is probably the only sunrise picture in my files! -

image.thumb.png.8aa61ab7a39c7599d1bbcd471dcd22e9.png

One of many beautiful beaches on Saint Johns, USVI -

image.thumb.png.4b00b4655cfc979fd09734fa5d9de023.png

Saint Thomas sail-away sunset - 

image.thumb.png.11a8a2cdb4790700c7c06bff233ffb2e.png

Brings back memories! Great pictures Thank you!

Denise😊

• Like 3

Thanks to all for the pictures of beautiful flowers and scenery.  Sending prayers all around for health, safety and happiness.  It is hot as the dickens here in NC, and the storm is headed our way, but probably much weaker by the time it gets here, so we should be fine.

Cindy

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, TheKingD said:

Thanks to all for the pictures of beautiful flowers and scenery.  Sending prayers all around for health, safety and happiness.  It is hot as the dickens here in NC, and the storm is headed our way, but probably much weaker by the time it gets here, so we should be fine.

Cindy

Stay safe.

Roy

• Like 1

Good afternoon! Thanks for the ship information, Rich! Friendship and Forgiveness are intertwined, so it's nice that they are together. No ice cream sandwiches in the house. Interesting quote. Sometimes crime and politics are intertwined as well, aren't they? So disappointing when they are.

Yesterday, no sooner did the 4 year old leave the house than the 2 year old entered. He enjoyed two 3 minute swims and he's a riot-at the "Wanna be naked, Mommy!" stage, so changing was entertaining to say the least. 🤣

We had rain overnight and this morning, so outdoor services were cancelled. We always know that that is a possibility. It isn't as hot as they threatened today, but still humid with all the rain.

Good thoughts and lots of prayers to those who need them today, even if they don't realize it.  For those in Isaias' wake, please take extra care.

Blessings to all! Have a wonderful day! Be well! Stay safe. Stay kind.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TheKingD said:

Cindy

Hope the storm is a LOT weaker if you have to get it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lindaler said:

This morning I couldn’t resist any longer. My service dog and I took a cruise on our river in the kayak. Now that we are home I may have an ice cream sandwich for lunch. 

AA083414-7F61-44F1-99BA-61E431DA1522.jpeg

32F56DA3-123D-4311-80CB-C10B3A49B2FD.jpeg

Linda Love it!!!!! Soooo peaceful and best of all your fur baby too! What a wonderful way to spend your morning. Thank you.

Denise😊

• Like 4

It’s been warm in our area of SoCal. If it wasn’t for the bit of humidity we’d have more fires going. Have spent most of the weekend on CoCoVid ( an online meetup for the costuming community.) Its a contribution to the sport put on by a bunch of YouTubers as Costume College is cancelled. 

Stuck my head out and saw our lovely red water lily has bloomed.  

85B8F2F3-18C6-4E92-AADA-AF317D2A43FF.jpeg

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

It’s been warm in our area of SoCal. If it wasn’t for the bit of humidity we’d have more fires going. Have spent most of the weekend on CoCoVid ( an online meetup for the costuming community.) Its a contribution to the sport put on by a bunch of YouTubers as Costume College is cancelled. 

Wow, so pretty! Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

20200101094237-42.jpg

@DeeniEncinitas, this pup reminded me of a young Paisley. If you don't know about it yet, go to "UPS Dogs" and there's ton's of pictures of UPS driver pictures of dogs, deer, alligators.. It's all very sweet and a fun, happy place to visit. And the pictures are all adorable! My sister had to put "UPS dogs pictures" for her IPad to pick up. 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

20200101094237-42.jpg

@DeeniEncinitas, this pup reminded me of a young Paisley. If you don't know about it yet, go to "UPS Dogs" and there's ton's of pictures of UPS driver pictures of dogs, deer, alligators.. It's all very sweet and a fun, happy place to visit. And the pictures are all adorable! My sister had to put "UPS dogs pictures" for her IPad to pick up. 

Joy OMGOSH I thought that was a picture of Paisley! We have her hair buzzed all the time and look at her little baby!

Thankyou

Denise😊

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

20200101094237-42.jpg

How cute.

For a different perspective, A former coworkers hubby worked as a delivery driver for UPS. Over the years he attained a collection of canine bites: all in the seat. A few weeks before she retired, she announced he had been “nailed “ again.😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Oh, so pretty 🙂 

• Like 2

Thanks Rich!  I was early on the ice cream sandwiches!  Oatmeal raisin that reminds me of those on HAL with key lime ice cream.   May have to make do today with Hagen Daz bars, though wish I could have a dark Dove Bar, not available in Canada  sadly!  Thought probably a good thing. 

Well we are finally having summer in the prairies!  Finally everything is blooming! 

1A6CA009-75CB-4D35-8E7C-2B4F88E4A6A0.jpeg

D1E7240B-AF31-44BC-A82F-359B6D14D3BA.jpeg

78917F6F-D828-4BE0-8E7D-8099E2A82AB8.jpeg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

Thanks Rich!  I was early on the ice cream sandwiches!  Oatmeal raisin that reminds me of those on HAL with key lime ice cream.   May have to make do today with Hagen Daz bars, though wish I could have a dark Dove Bar, not available in Canada  sadly!  Thought probably a good thing. 

Well we are finally having summer in the prairies!  Finally everything is blooming! 

D1E7240B-AF31-44BC-A82F-359B6D14D3BA.jpeg

That blue is amazing.   

• Like 4

Thanks for the daily report Rich.

Another 2 new cases of Covid-19 today, bringing the total number of  cases in the country to 27, all in border controlled managed isolation, none requiring hospitalization.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1