What is your favorite NCL Cabin and why?

Waverunner1

I've had inside cabins, balconies, suites, Aft and Forward facing, but my favorite was the forward facing center suite 10000 on the Norwegian Gem. Because of the Navigation room above you get extra living room space and a balcony that's half sunny and half shaded! Not to mention the forward facing views! I'm not a fan of the breakaway class ships that do not have the forward cabins with forward balconies but  hope the new Leonardo class ships have them. According to the artist renderings it looks like they will! So what's your favorite and why? Post some video and pics while your at it. I miss cruising 😪

20191026_075201.jpg

20191025_163905.jpg

20191025_163830.jpg

20191025_163848.jpg

We also loved 10000 and 10500 on the Gem.  However on our most recent trip the steward said that he wasn't allowed to untie the furniture while at sea, which annoyed me a bit as I live on the balcony, even wrapping myself up like a mummy when it's cold (sailed from NYC). Previously, I've always been able to use the balcony on sea days and it wasn't like it was ridiculously windy,  so it was disappointing.  So our next trip we're trying an aft suite to see how we like that.

However, my very favorite cabin is 15000 on the Gem.  The huge balcony and private hot tub were incredible!  I loved being so high up and people watching at the pool and listening to the music from the privacy of my balcony.  The only negative is there's no overhang on the balcony so if it rains it's not usable.  Definitely worth the flight of stairs!  But, the prices have gotten crazy so now we book less expensive cabins.  I will bid for it with the upgrade process, but so far no luck. 

We also liked the 15000 on the Gem however was way to loud for my taste it was a once and done for me. The 10000 suite above sounds interesting but like goldmom I to live on our balcony.

Have to say my favorite has always been an aft location love these balconies.

Thanks for the info, stay safe.

1 hour ago, Waverunner1 said:

I'm not a fan of the breakaway class ships that do not have the forward cabins with forward balconies but  hope the new Leonardo class ships have them.

BA, GA, and Escape have the H2 and H3 which have a forward facing balcony and Joy, Bliss, and Encore have the H2 which has a forward facing balcony.

1 hour ago, Waverunner1 said:

Never had a problem using our balcony furniture while at sea. Maybe it had to do with the sea conditions? Used ours nonstop at sea and in port, as you can see from the video.

I know, we'd always been able to use it on other trips so I was pretty disappointed.  Maybe it was the steward who didn't want to set up the furniture everyday.  He told me it was orders from the bridge, but it really wasn't that rough or windy.  I did sneak a chair out of the pile occasionally to sit on out there.  The bridge had a clear view of me using the balcony and they never called down to tell me I couldn't use the balcony.  And they do call if you forget to close the drapes at night, so they have no problem calling the cabin.

1 hour ago, latebloomer56 said:

We also liked the 15000 on the Gem however was way to loud for my taste it was a once and done for me. The 10000 suite above sounds interesting but like goldmom I to live on our balcony.

Have to say my favorite has always been an aft location love these balconies.

Thanks for the info, stay safe.

True it could be a bit noisy, especially if there was a party on deck at night, but it didn't bother me too much.

Definitely give 10000 or 10500 a try.  The extra space inside is really nice and the balcony is big and the overhang is nice when it's drizzling.  Like I said I don't know if they were getting more strict about the balcony this trip or if it was just our particular steward.  Every other trip I was able to use the balcony every day.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, goldmom said:

True it could be a bit noisy, especially if there was a party on deck at night, but it didn't bother me too much.

Definitely give 10000 or 10500 a try.  The extra space inside is really nice and the balcony is big and the overhang is nice when it's drizzling.  Like I said I don't know if they were getting more strict about the balcony this trip or if it was just our particular steward.  Every other trip I was able to use the balcony every day.

My wife and I had 10666 on the Gem once. It was really nice however it had a few issues. The biggest issues and this sometimes happens and sometimes doesn't was soot from the exhaust. A mornings we woke up to little pieces of black soot everywhere, covering everything. The room steward had to literally hose off the balcony suits in the aft of the ship. The other is was a long walk to the spa Lol

25 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

My wife and I had 10666 on the Gem once. It was really nice however it had a few issues. The biggest issues and this sometimes happens and sometimes doesn't was soot from the exhaust. A mornings we woke up to little pieces of black soot everywhere, covering everything. The room steward had to literally hose off the balcony suits in the aft of the ship. The other is was a long walk to the spa Lol

Thanks for the heads up on the aft cabins.  I'll definitely look before I sit down!  I did think about the long walk to the Spa (do love that Spa), but figured I could work off a few calories!

Here's hoping we'll all be cruising safely soon and have a chance to give out more info and tips to each other!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Waverunner1 said:

I've had inside cabins, balconies, suites, Aft and Forward facing, but my favorite was the forward facing center suite 10000 on the Norwegian Gem.

Funny, but when I saw the title of your thread, before I read your first post, the answer in my head for me was "10000 and 10500 on the Gem and Jewel."    For all the reasons you said, these are great suites.   We had one for each of our two full transits of the Panama Canal, most recently the three weeks we spent aboard the Gem in January from NY to San Francisco.  No one knew then that it would be our last cruise until....???   I'm so glad we have those wonderful memories of that trip, in that great suite!

However, I would not necessarily book those suites on a cold-weather cruise or one likely to have a great deal of wind (though I know some folks like them for Alaska).  In fact, we had an aft-facing penthouse booked on the Jade, on Deck 10 (the best for those suites), for a TA out of Italy this October, imho a better spot for what could be a windy and/or chilly (or worse) crossing of the Atlantic in the late fall.  Of course, that cruise is not happening.   I would recommend those Deck 10 aft-facing penthouses to others; we've sailed in them twice.  

enhance

(the view from Gem 10000 as we approached the Gatun Locks, January 2020)

enhance

(Cartagena at sunrise, from Jewel 10500)

enhance

(Jewel 10500)

(photos by turtles06)

we've been on about 18 ncl cruises, and never booked anything less than a mid-ship mini. we now book either a 2 bedroom suite if our grandson is joining, a haven or a penthouse suite.

by and large, i have been happy with them all, it's just my wife and i got spoiled after we booked our 1st forward   penthouse suite on the getaway. a little noisy when they dropped anchor, but i loved the ship, the "waterfront" and the butler as an amenity. this cruise included pre-paid gratuities so when you added the total, it equaled the mid ship mini without the extras.

in any event, i know this isnt answering your question, but in reverse, the worst cabin we have been on was  the aft penthouse suite on the epic. round bed that takes up almost the entire cabin, 2 people cant pass, and the bathroom/shower combo is the worst. no privacy  at all.  we did have the 2 bedroom on the epic, and i cant complain about that one

On the Jewel Class ships, we love 10504 & 100004 and 9504 &9004. They are located on the front corners of the ship. They are larger Haven cabins with 1.5 bathrooms and 2 balcony’s!!! One balcony faces the front of the ship and has 2 lounge chairs and the one on the side has several chairs and a table you could eat meals at. There is a large living room with a dining room table for 4 people. The room comes with bottles of liquor and a butler. We love these cabins! The cabins on deck 10 are slightly larger. 

• Like 3

When we cruised with my mother-in law we got the 2 bedroom suites on deck 11 - gave us the seperation as well as togetherness we needed. We have also cruised on the Gem and Pearl on the deck 10 Aft suites - no issues with soot on either cruise. Quite frankly the only requirement for us is a balcony as suites have gotten out of hand price wise.

We were in the owner's suite with double balconies on the Dawn last March (the very last sailing!) and loved it.  The two balconies were nice - the side balcony was great to have when the forward balcony was too windy.  The bathroom was enormous and there was a window above the tub looking out at the side balcony.

We have an H3 book on the Escape for next March and I am fervently hope that we sail.  I've never had the Haven experience before.

This is EASY for me....cabin 9316, an H7 on Getaway. 

Norwegian really treats their suite guest great.  From priority boarding to the Haven area....great! The H7 is of course all the way aft on the corner. This cabin really is a suite as it's split to have a "living" area with a. couch, TV, table, etc and another area with bedroom and bathroom.  ALSO...this cabin has a SECOND bathroom that is entered from the "living" area. But the BEST part of this cabin was...the BALCONY! ABSOLUTELY the best balcony I've ever experience on a cruise ship and I've experienced some nice ones! HUGE is really not the correct word....MASSIVE is probably better! Quite honestly, there was little reason to ever leave the cabin! Loungers and dining table and chairs on this sucker and there was plenty of room for more. The VIEW is the best available IM.... Coming into port....nothing better. I also have to mention the Haven area itself...the restaurant was GOOD but there are better IMO....the Haven bar...same...but the sun deck area of the Haven was....AWESOME! NEVER crowded...towel covered loungers and umbrellas were PLENTIFUL! Not only that but the SECOND best view of the ship...all the way FORWARD!!

In many ways this was my favorite cruise, period!rXECl1DoSHSdsuEMXkvVYg1.jpgov8DFUYESeyUOvqkQxPIaA.jpg

yL2gW5RlRjuQLnGTtppyWw.jpgZ8W4feGvRHeandETuqz4s0PQ.jpg

• Like 1

My very favourite cabin was an aft mini suite on the SUN. It was fabulous. Just the size of the balcony was a winner but the cabin layout was wonderful too.  We did a PH on the Pearl the next year and were convinced that the Sun mini-suite stood in good stead at much less the cost of the PH suite. We weren't impressed with the Butler/concierge service.  

I've done some cabin designations oceanview, balcony, mini-suites, suites but not Concierge on the Joy (no longer available),  Haven, or inside on any ship.  Haven is in the works though, probably on the BA, BA+. 

Cheers

• Like 1

I've also had an Aft penthouse (loved it) on the Dawn and soot was not a problem. I could occasionally smell cigarette smoke and wondered if it was from another aft balcony or a side balcony or possibly from the smoking area deck above on the side of the ship. If you're thinking of booking any of the mentioned cabins in this thread be aware, it's hard if not impossible to go back! 

Because of the "bargain price" when you compare to a regular suite price:

Forward facing balcony cabin on the Norwegian Sun - size of the cabin close to penthouse suite size, balcony definitaly suite size and price same as the cheapest of the balcony cabin types. But there is only two cabins like this on the ship, so they are hard to find available..... 

MOA5s_ww3fK0WttpiMA6VcwAaMPbFrM74jfxa2Hym4_fF2s46g19Sf2jx-9zVYo7bN340DrnP33r888FGayJMxVe-7qssYNDOQ0eW1JVSVIUZXROQPXMJuX5ULYoqhLpqgv0bI3nd-th2XtAb0ik3Nyuyruhd8Q2V5hijYH2-vrYLEfvSSvSQhXlLaeevMw0OKUnahS2nc1RcgfoOX-7xq84EAX8cLT18eoMvmk_iGr-ZhmwRCqKXF3e-504oXiBcGW8gWiN4vGeXbDittB06Hrk6BV2f8Mfcn97gfnKtmUkfz4mNmKFvUt6PRuC5F5P4g2jy5muZupOSytz8kaSW4bg_dfzXfxBtvv44XxRTyngbHui7j0pPrV3zfIAnLyOEvSZnxtYten7ydWiRk3G72OMmVENmB1yO-CX5jxmy924WEsGZzQzpKGfzqywF4Kx2943_e41aK3Ct4ub-QwCmMUM58Z5OguZf99AAQL_jM-zWCMK0QdHN_xbF3ee6He1jsubYQuebdpzylQ5ER4BD4inPidaFnc-5s60AumPtWf53vA12XSMFWNZzCBAcCyLQ0m7FoP-YkPiA956xofwxm43HPZWPnMQN1kxR_GRl31-I1Px_UqDVc9gx-p0jU_GVc3CsIuCkaGPjBeCVW9No2wtFpX16wpKf-ADDJp6LEv-KcGoK9Qbsd28RgKAVw=s937-no?authuser=0

Edited by TrumpyNor

19 minutes ago, TrumpyNor said:

Because of the "bargain price" when you compare to a regular suite price:

Forward facing balcony cabin on the Norwegian Sun - size of the cabin close to penthouse suite size, balcony definitaly suite size and price same as the cheapest of the balcony cabin types. But there is only two cabins like this on the ship, so they are hard to find available..... 

MOA5s_ww3fK0WttpiMA6VcwAaMPbFrM74jfxa2Hym4_fF2s46g19Sf2jx-9zVYo7bN340DrnP33r888FGayJMxVe-7qssYNDOQ0eW1JVSVIUZXROQPXMJuX5ULYoqhLpqgv0bI3nd-th2XtAb0ik3Nyuyruhd8Q2V5hijYH2-vrYLEfvSSvSQhXlLaeevMw0OKUnahS2nc1RcgfoOX-7xq84EAX8cLT18eoMvmk_iGr-ZhmwRCqKXF3e-504oXiBcGW8gWiN4vGeXbDittB06Hrk6BV2f8Mfcn97gfnKtmUkfz4mNmKFvUt6PRuC5F5P4g2jy5muZupOSytz8kaSW4bg_dfzXfxBtvv44XxRTyngbHui7j0pPrV3zfIAnLyOEvSZnxtYten7ydWiRk3G72OMmVENmB1yO-CX5jxmy924WEsGZzQzpKGfzqywF4Kx2943_e41aK3Ct4ub-QwCmMUM58Z5OguZf99AAQL_jM-zWCMK0QdHN_xbF3ee6He1jsubYQuebdpzylQ5ER4BD4inPidaFnc-5s60AumPtWf53vA12XSMFWNZzCBAcCyLQ0m7FoP-YkPiA956xofwxm43HPZWPnMQN1kxR_GRl31-I1Px_UqDVc9gx-p0jU_GVc3CsIuCkaGPjBeCVW9No2wtFpX16wpKf-ADDJp6LEv-KcGoK9Qbsd28RgKAVw=s937-no?authuser=0

Sounds like a smoking deal!

My favorite rooms are the solo rooms on newer ships. They are up high and near front of ship with a quiet inside hallway. Lobe the lounge and I get a pass to Spa for a week.

No other cruise line does as good a job with solo rooms. Did solo on Epic,Escape, and Bliss. For Dawn had regular inside.

Some cruise lines won't sell suites to a solo. Oh well.

I will have my first solo balcony on new Odyssey of the seas next year(hopefully).

I will finally do an aft balcony on new Carn Panorama in 2022.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

My favorite rooms are the solo rooms on newer ships

I wasn't sure if anyone else was going to consider that.  I honestly enjoyed my Studio cabin on the Bliss, I didn't find myself in need of additional space, except MAYBE a larger counter/table area which is one place where Royal's inside Studio cabins are better than NCL's.  Of course - my balcony on the Bliss in October beat it but the overall solo/Studio experience in April was great.

I always like to point out that there are only 2 cabin areas to which access is only given if you're staying there - The Haven and Studio cabins.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, hallux said:

I wasn't sure if anyone else was going to consider that.  I honestly enjoyed my Studio cabin on the Bliss, I didn't find myself in need of additional space, except MAYBE a larger counter/table area which is one place where Royal's inside Studio cabins are better than NCL's.  Of course - my balcony on the Bliss in October beat it but the overall solo/Studio experience in April was great.

I always like to point out that there are only 2 cabin areas to which access is only given if you're staying there - The Haven and Studio cabins.  

Well they let other solos not staying in studios in at 5pm gatherings.

Also one time a grandmom let her whole family in for snacks. But my only wish is for ice machine.

Well, out of the cabins i have been in the answer is a spa haven, and it is mostly nothing to do with the room but what it includes.  I love having haven, and spa access.  It's nice to have a big tub in the room as well, that is the one bonus the room offers that I really like.  🙂