US cruising in early January (speculation)

bigrednole

8 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You should believe people that deal with these things on a daily basis, not some political tool sitting in an office creating a narrative to suit a situation. Fighting a virus (and virology as a whole) is nothing new; we have been doing it for centuries, the model is out there for how to deal with it, and Fauci did not follow his own playbook. 

So, who are they? It sure is not the people we are seeing on TV daily.

Names would be appreciated. 

5 minutes ago, Oxo said:

So, who are they? It sure is not the people we are seeing on TV daily.

Names would be appreciated. 

Correct. You don't see them on TV because they are way too busy taking care of patients. Their names would be totally unrecognizable and meaningless to you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

At my age I'll get the vaccine. Even if its yearly like the flu vaccine. I'd rather have it than not have it.

Agree it's a choice, but one I'll make based on my age. If it's like testing here, it will be available to over 60 before the rest of population. I've even thought of volunteering for a study here, but dont want placebo.

First, they have to come up with a safe, effective vaccine. Coronaviruses have been around for quite some time but there has never been a vaccine so may have to have a plan B just in case. 

28 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

According to the NIH, there are no cases of SARS and very few of MERS left. 

"SARS was first reported in Asia in February 2003, though cases subsequently were tracked to November 2002. SARS quickly spread to 26 countries before being contained after about four months. More than 8,000 people fell ill from SARS and 774 died. Since 2004, there have been no reported SARS cases."

https://www.niaid.nih.gov/diseases-conditions/covid-19 

When Sars was over we had an awesome concert in Toronto.....I wonder who will headline our Covid show??

https://www.ajournalofmusicalthings.com/that-time-500000-came-together-for-a-sars-concert/

2 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

When Sars was over we had an awesome concert in Toronto.....I wonder who will headline our Covid show??

https://www.ajournalofmusicalthings.com/that-time-500000-came-together-for-a-sars-concert/

Funny they called it SARSStock, or SARSFest or SARS-a-palooza, according to the article, to celebrate the end of SARS with the Rolling Stones benefit concert.  

For the end of Covid maybe it will be COVIDFiesta, COVIDFete, COVID-free-jamboree, who knows?  Hopefully Jagger and Richards will still be around and tickets go on sale soon.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Correct. You don't see them on TV because they are way too busy taking care of patients. Their names would be totally unrecognizable and meaningless to you.

Thank You, it is impossible to discuss a factual medical response and the theories and concepts that support it with a group of cut and paste journal enthusiasts

• Like 1

On 9/3/2020 at 8:32 AM, firefly333 said:

I heard a survey said only about 30% of people want to get the vaccine when it comes out. 

Also just heard people dont want to fly. I've read that here, same will apply to cruises. You are allowed to fly, people just dont all want to get on a plane yet.

Everyone I know including myself doesn’t want to fly not because of fear of getting COVID but because keeping a mask on for 4-5 hours. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LXA350 said:

Normally it take 9 or 10 years to develop a effective vaccination for some viruses, for others nothing could be found till date. Hence, how is it realistically possible that suddenly this time within a year or less something was developed that also is really effective. You are missing the long term studies etc. Are more risks involved with having the vaccination than being exposed to catch COVID, will the vaccination really help and then for how long will you be imune. There are so many open questions, and unfortunately a lot of money and politics involved with this. November 1st, what a "fake" joke.

Corona virus has been around for a very long time. They have been working on a vaccine for it for years. Covid-19 is just a different strain of the virus. It seems to us like it was quickly developed vaccine but they’d been working on the basics for awhile. 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2020 at 2:07 PM, not-enough-cruising said:

The USA is involved in financial and intellectual collaborations with a number of international vaccine candidates

On 9/3/2020 at 6:09 PM, not-enough-cruising said:

The airlines are in MUCH worse shape now than the immediate post 9/11 timeframe. 

On 9/3/2020 at 11:29 AM, not-enough-cruising said:

I really don't think you have ay idea how the real world works, and the numbers quoted here are pure fantasy.

5 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The moment you mentioned Fauci; your post lost all credibility 

5 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

He has proven throughout this to be a pawn, as a medical professional myself the way he has constantly contradicted himself has destroyed all credibility he has (especially within the medical community) 

4 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You should believe people that deal with these things on a daily basis, not some political tool sitting in an office creating a narrative to suit a situation. Fighting a virus (and virology as a whole) is nothing new; we have been doing it for centuries, the model is out there for how to deal with it, and Fauci did not follow his own playbook. 

3 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Thank You, it is impossible to discuss a factual medical response and the theories and concepts that support it with a group of cut and paste journal enthusiasts

Tried to go back on this thread to find your "factual medical response and the theories and concepts that support it" I can't seem to find any of them.  Which posts did I miss? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I keep saying this over and over on these boards and some people just don't, or don't want, to understand it. Everyone is entitled to get whatever vaccine comes out if they want it but no one should every be coerced or forced into getting it. But just as some say that you are selfish if you don't wear a mask, those same people will accuse you of being selfish and self centered if you won't get this forthcoming foreign substance injected into your body. This mindset truly amazes me. But just as I have a very healthy respect for the microbial world, I have just as large a respect for chemicals that I prescribe, and advise, for people to but into their bodies.

People seem to already have their minds made up on their various viewpoints and that is fine even though an effective vaccine for viruses within the Corona family has proven to be rather elusive. I've stopped writing much about it as I don't come to a cruise website to practice medicine. I get up and go to the office to do that every day. So I think I will just leave it at that.

That masks should remain mandatory in public places for the time being should be a must in my view. Same is the hygine measures, which already before COVID should have been the most normal thing for everyone to obey. Concerning the upcomming vacination no one can be forced to get it as you said, same as already now with the annual flu shot. Although if I am not wrong, people working in the health care sector need to get the flu shot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Tried to go back on this thread to find your "factual medical response and the theories and concepts that support it" I can't seem to find any of them.  Which posts did I miss? 

I don’t have time to do your research. If you aren’t up to date, that’s on you, not me, but rest assured; information my posts can be easily verified. 

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LXA350 said:

Concerning the upcomming vacination no one can be forced to get it as you said, same as already now with the annual flu shot.

This is only partially correct. You are not required to be vaccinated and the government can't force you. However, access to anything outside your home without being vaccinated CAN be forced upon you. The US government can easily ban anyone from entering a government building. That includes schools, libraries, post office, DMV, and the list goes on. The Federal, State, County, and City governments can tax businesses differently for employees that are not vaccinated to cover medical costs because of them. They can even have fines for businesses that do not verify vaccinations of customers. Yes, that is extreme, but they can control it the same as checking an ID for legal age to buy alcohol. They can even tax businesses differently for non-vaccinated employees to cover medical costs because of them. 

But yes, you cannot force someone to get vaccinated, but they can quickly eliminate 75% of their freedom.

19 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I don’t have time to do your research. If you aren’t up to date, that’s on you, not me, but rest assured; information my posts can be easily verified. 

Difficult to do any kind of research or verification of your “factual medical response and the theories and concepts that support it” when you haven’t posted what they are on this thread.  Are those theories and concepts you speak of on another thread perhaps?  

2 hours ago, bigrednole said:

This is only partially correct. You are not required to be vaccinated and the government can't force you. However, access to anything outside your home without being vaccinated CAN be forced upon you. The US government can easily ban anyone from entering a government building. That includes schools, libraries, post office, DMV, and the list goes on. The Federal, State, County, and City governments can tax businesses differently for employees that are not vaccinated to cover medical costs because of them. They can even have fines for businesses that do not verify vaccinations of customers. Yes, that is extreme, but they can control it the same as checking an ID for legal age to buy alcohol. They can even tax businesses differently for non-vaccinated employees to cover medical costs because of them. 

But yes, you cannot force someone to get vaccinated, but they can quickly eliminate 75% of their freedom.

Then why can't the government get the anti mask wearers to put on a mask in Walmart?

Edited by Iamcruzin

5 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Then why can't the government get the anti mask wearers to put on a mask in Walmart?

This is the difference between an uncontrollable mandate versus a requirement. For US Citizens, it easy to block access without proof of immunization and vaccination. Right now, it is only done at schools for kids. But many counties are requiring proof of flu vaccinations this Fall to be able to attend school. That will expand and the anti-vaxxers will scream. But, they can homeschool their kids anyway. As for everyone else, it will be as easy as scanning a driver's license or state issue ID to check against a database indicating you are vaccinated. It is not rocket science and a high school kids could program it in about an hour. Fines for establishments not verifying can be high enough to insure they do. 

• Like 1