Crew retuning

karena1

I do not think the beer has gone bad- the remaining crew would have polished it of themselfes- I suppose. LOL.

The cruises out of Germany which started at the end of July, so far have gone without a glitch. I cross fingers that it remains that way.

I booked on another one in four weeks time. I did a four nighter right when they started- and loved it- despite the new regulations. So I am hopefull that the US follows suit very soon. Of course the Headquaters in Miami had close eye on how it went in Europe- TUI is  50% owned by RCG.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Positive news for sure.

Getting everything in motion from a standstill takes some additional energy so this may be just trying to get the machine in motion.  Fleshing out which crew are willing and able to work, which have expired crew VISAs or other crew certifications, which ones aren't able to return for whatever reason.  

Once approved to restart they'll obviously want to hit the starting line with the sails full of wind so this may a preemptive step towards that goal.

Whatever the reason, the fact that they are engaging crew to think about returning is fantastic news.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, karena1 said:

I am not saying in any way, shape or form that it is actually happening, only saying what he told me and sent me.  So to me, it is a little optimism in this hope we can get back to cruising 

Thank you for posting your Ray of sunshine and hope.  Unfortunately We have to have tough skin and not take to heart those who want to doubt the fact you posted.  Thank you 🙂

• Like 6

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I posted this elsewhere but seems others getting calls. ... from the carnival board. I'm not betting on November, but this guy thinks possibly December ... but at least we know calls going out.

Lol if nothing else first cruises out they plan on us drinking

20200904_143011504.jpeg

Not saying it’s happening one way or the other but don’t you think it’s a bit odd both recalled crew are bartenders?  Still no letter?

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Not saying it happening one way or the other but don’t you think it’s a bit odd both recalled crew are bartenders?  Still no letter?

M8

No, I don't think it is odd at all.  People get to talking to bartenders and get to see them from cruise to cruise if they are on one ship a lot.  You might see the same cabin steward but you will have less hours seeing a steward than you would a bartender if you tend to hang out in the same bar each night.

As far as seeing the letter, Karen doesn't have to prove anything to us.  She heard from a friend and was sharing information.  I would bet other departments have been contacted too but they could be getting in touch with crew in countries that have more open borders and are easier to get to a ship to get it staffed.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, karena1 said:

Our Crew friend from St Lucia just sent us a message that he has been recalled to Navigator for Sept 21st.  Anticipating cruising starting on Nov 1st.  Sent me the actual text from Royal.  So super good news.  We will book Navigator for Nov if that happens just to see him!!

My friend who is on the cruise directors team has also received a generic email requesting all crew have their medicals and visas up to date...🤞

Edited by little britain
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Don't want to kill the vibe,  but bartenders have been going back throughout the shut down, someone's gotta man the OB. 

I come under entertainment, I've had emails telling me to make sure my documents are uploaded and ready to go, they make no indication they'll be needed soon, just they know who has everything in date as the longer it goes on, the less will have those and it makes their job easier when they get the go ahead.....oh and to keep us waiting for them by making us think something is 'about' to happen so they have experience crew to go back. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, little britain said:

My friend who is on the cruise directors team has also received a generic email requesting all crew have their medicals and visas up to date...🤞

Do you know what ship they are on? Curious to if there is a pattern for Navigator. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Do you know what ship they are on? Curious to if there is a pattern for Navigator. 

He had gotten the letter about docs a few weeks ago.  This letter specifically asked him to agree to go back to Navigator.  So guessing his contract will be next.

1 hour ago, GarlicBread said:

Don't want to kill the vibe,  but bartenders have been going back throughout the shut down, someone's gotta man the OB. 

I come under entertainment, I've had emails telling me to make sure my documents are uploaded and ready to go, they make no indication they'll be needed soon, just they know who has everything in date as the longer it goes on, the less will have those and it makes their job easier when they get the go ahead.....oh and to keep us waiting for them by making us think something is 'about' to happen so they have experience crew to go back. 

So you work on the ship. Sorry you feel they are stringing you along

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

This also lines up with idea that Navigator and Mariner might be the first out of the gate.  Hasn't there been speculation that Royal will restart with 3/4 day cruise first?  

That has been the key word around here for months.

• Like 2

Can't bar tenders we used for others task that are needed even under scelleton staffing? Eventually some of the staff will need to be replaced and sent on holidays?

What speaks for Navigator and Mariner, they are having a large enough size and are likely candidates to be the first ships to sail out of the US (Florida). 

Let's say they started to staff their first ship; with trainings etc I doubt before December 1st it would be possible to see any sailings to start per status today, although my bet is still not before January 2021.

BTW: What I can also see is that RCL might do some trial cruises with RCL employees and family members before letting "real" passengers back on board, to train it's staff under real circumstances and make needed adjustments to the new protocols to smoothen things out. Something that could maybe start towards end of November begining of December the earliest.

I don't think this really means anything, Royal is just trying to keep everything organized so they will be able to start as soon as the CDC gives the ok.  Since the Healthy Sail panel won't issue a report until the end of September, I don't see them starting in November.  This is just common sense approach.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GarlicBread said:

Thanks for your inside info. Would think the show staff/performers would be first to be called back as they need to get up to speed and train for the shows, assuming the shows will be as per pre covid