The Daily for Wednesday Sep 9, 2020

richwmn

today is Teddy Bear Day and International Buy a Priest a Beer Day

Be braver -- you can't cross a chasm in two small jumps.

Meal suggestion for today - Chicken Tacos with Avocado Salsa

Drink of the Day - Waikiki Punch

Wine of the day - Karine Lauverjat Sancerre vintage 2016

At Sea Atlantic
Eurodam destination Sint Eustatius eta 9/15
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Sint Eustatius eta 9/14
Volendam destination Scheveningen eta 9/14

At Sea Gulf of Aden
Noordam destination Limassol eta 9/14
Zuiderdam destination Limassol eta 9/14

At Sea Pacific
Koningsdam destination Balboa eta 9/9
Oosterdam destination unknown at this time

Gibraltar
Westerdam

Rosyth GB
Rotterdam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Amsterdam
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

Aigio Greece
Maasdam -- Ship name as reported by AIS: AEGEAN MYTH

Katakolo
Veendam -- Ship name as reported by AIS: AEGEAN MAJESTY

0909World.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for the daily.  I'll bet a lot of teddy bears are getting special attention today.  Himself should be celebrating the day but I suspect diabetes will put a damper on that.  So true on the quote.

Today’s care list:

Mrs Vmax

Recovery from Laura and Marco

Those dealing with wildfires, both the fires and drifting smoke

Rain and heat relief for much of the southwest

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

The Bird in Hand fire chief and son Jason

3 injured California firefighters

An uncomplicated return for Denise and David

Prompt repairs on Debbie’s new roof

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Front line health workers

Cruising-along’s road trip

Return of Lincoln Center Living Room.  May Samara and Leo be playing aboard HAL ships in the not too distant future.

Baltimore football fans.  Mo Gaba, a young sports superfan, died of cancer at age 14.  There will be no spectators for at least the first few games and the Ravens are offering fans the opportunity to purchase cardboard cutouts and put them in the seats.  Someone got the idea of filling a section of the stadium with Mo’s cutout and the section sold out in just a few hours.

Getaway for Ger77

Forcasts of rain and cooler weather and

Decreasing winds

Roy

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today‘s Daily, Rich! Roy, I appreciate you keeping our lists for us.

Morning Dailyites & my Sisters. Denise, hope you check in soon.

The quote could be my motto! Love the meal suggestion. Roy, love the tribute to Mo Gaba!

This morning, Bindi and I had a rare sighting of Godzilla making his way up the coast. Luckily we were far enough away that he did not see us, but close enough I could snap a pic.  Best viewed before coffee!

70CE6B83-CC6E-4DE8-A70D-F7F8F4FFF539.jpeg

Prayers to all who need our support. Cheers to those celebrating! 
Stay well everyone!

Rarely do I meet a Sancerre from the Loire valley that I do not enjoy, so if I can find this, I might have to try it. Priced under $20 & well rated. Not sure if I know exactly what “flint” tastes like - and here is another “crunchy” wine.🤔

#37 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2017
WS91
Wine Spectator
Crunchy, with lots of gooseberry and thyme notes bouncing around, while flint and fleur de sel accents drive the mouthwatering finish. Drink now through 2020.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

You don't get a sunrise every day at sea and despite several September voyages I didn't get one on September 9.  Sometimes there is a sunrise even when the weather doesn't cooperate, and this one is from my 2012 transatlantic on September 11 as we came into Reykjavik:

dawn11.jpg

Roy

• Like 13

Teddy Bear Jokes | Kappit

Musings Over a Barrel: Buy a Priest a Beer Day

Good morning Rich, and thanks for the Daily.

Ann I am missing our other sister's posts. Hope she comes back soon! Thanks for wine review. It's on my list.

Thank you for the prayers and celebrations Roy. You are sweet to think of folks by adding them to our Daily.

Not quite finished last night on our trees and mason work, but a promise made to finish today.

Have a super day. Be safe, careful, and love thy neighbor from afar.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Buy a priest a beer day reminds me of our church's Friday night dinners in the church basement.  They sold beer for those who liked to indulge.  The priests would come down to eat and drink BEER!  As a young Catholic I was surprised that it was allowed but I'm not sure why I even questioned it.  This was before wine was offered at communion.

• Like 7

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

@bouhunter - yikes on that snow.  It’s too early for that four letter word 😱 

Teddy Bears are so popular - no wonder they have their own day.

Love that quote and the meal suggestion.

@cat shepard thanks for the wine description, as always.  I’m not sure I know what flint tastes like either 😉 

another dreary day and we have a major clean up of the tree branches out back today.  Got to show case the hostas 😉 so just a few begonias this morning before their season is over:

718704C3-5959-42F0-8E1D-570CBE4F7F9A.thumb.jpeg.617b19a02d17d75c23caf44cd3ea4207.jpeg

DF651B3C-AA59-4FCE-99BB-D6960119413F.thumb.jpeg.e194a6124dd03093df618a68b4e1f640.jpeg

5FB313A5-652F-474E-98CF-493B115FD411.thumb.jpeg.46d5721a106a0e1ebf5a169964866905.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on our Care list and a toast to those on the Celebration/shout out list.

Have a good Wednesday everyone!  Stay safe and don’t forget your masks.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Buy a priest a beer day reminds me of our church's Friday night dinners in the church basement.  They sold beer for those who liked to indulge.  The priests would come down to eat and drink BEER!  As a young Catholic I was surprised that it was allowed but I'm not sure why I even questioned it.  This was before wine was offered at communion.

Mosts priests I know enjoy a beer every now andthen.  I am an exception.  I have never liked beer.  After many years of not taking one, I tried a beer at O'Hare Airport in2006.  I had not had one sice i had a guinnes in Ireland in 1995 and I have not had a beer since the that day at O'Hare in 2006.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Good morning and thanks for the updates.  I have a large container of collectible Teddy Bears that got left behind when DD left home years ago.  I think I will take the lid off today and let them celebrate their special day.   Cool nights and dreary days do not bode well for swimming, 🏊‍♀️🏊🏻‍♂️closing the pool is on the horizon.😢.  The drink of the day sounds interesting.  

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Have you ben able to find a web cam showing it?  I see it on marine traffic. 

I haven't and expect it's unlikely.  The cam would almost certainly be on the land side with the ship blocking the view of the bunker.

Roy

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Ann I am missing our other sister's posts. Hopeshe comes back soon! 

☀️☀️☀️

Good morning to all!! To both my sisters 🌺Joy and Ann and to all who were concerned Roy, Rich, Jacqui Angel Cat and TIOGACRUISER thank you for caring!!

Took a long time to catch up on all the posts this am prior to leaving Mammoth!

A lot of smoke but we are safe no worries!!

Our fire department here helped in the Creek fire with the rescues of the campers and hikers at Mammoth Pools area.

We will be on 395 highway to the 5 home. All clear. It takes depending on traffic around 6-7 hours heading home! Tomorrow I will check back in!!

Paisley Shawn and our dear friends who are Shawn’s Godparents and Shawn’s best friend we all had a wonderful time!

Got to go now! Paisley and I are checking on our house make sure all is closed up!!

🌺Hey sounds like your picnic was a great success Joy👍👍👍👍 

I want all to know what a great Daily Family we have! So surprised how you cared!

Denise😊

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Ann I am missing our other sister's posts. Hopeshe comes back soon! 

☀️☀️☀️

Good morning to all!! To both my sisters 🌺Joy and Ann and to all who were concerned Roy, Rich, Jacqui Angel Cat and TIOGACRUISER thank you for caring!!

Took a long time to catch up on all the posts this am prior to leaving Mammoth!

A lot of smoke but we are safe no worries!!

Our fire department here helped in the Creek fire with the rescues of the campers and hikers at Mammoth Pools area.

We will be on 395 highway to the 5 home. All clear. It takes depending on traffic around 6-7 hours heading home! Tomorrow I will check back in!!

Paisley Shawn and our dear friends who are Shawn’s Godparents and Shawn’s best friend we all had a wonderful time!

Got to go now! Paisley and I are checking on our house make sure all is closed up!!

🌺Hey sounds like your picnic was a great success Joy👍👍👍👍 

I want all to know what a great Daily Family we have! So surprised how you cared!

Denise😊

So good to hear from you.  Have a stress free trip back home.

Roy

• Like 5