The Daily for Wednesday Sep 9, 2020

richwmn

Happy Wednesday Rich, Roy, and daily-ites

Love the quote and the menu suggestion.

Prayers for our lists.

Went to the dentist today, first time since this mess started.  Was really stressed about it.  REALLY needed a filling so I caved.

Ingredients

Ice cubes

1-ounce dark rum

1-ounce guava juice

1/2 lemon, juiced

1/2 orange, juiced

1 teaspoon sugar

Dash grenadine

1 maraschino cherry, for garnish

Directions
  1. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, add all ingredients, and shake well. Strain into a highball glass and garnish with a maraschino cherry.
  • Like 4

Good morning, all, and thank you Rich and Roy, for the Daily news and lists.

DS came by yesterday, bringing puppy granddog, Oskar, for a visit.  He's getting to be a big boy - 5 months now.  DD had bought a selection of puppy toys for him, and his favourites were the stuffed carrot and the fuzzy duck.  He was so funny - wanted to chew both at the same time and was frantic with joy.   It was difficult to get a picture, he never stopped moving!

IMG_5220.thumb.jpeg.c53d1cd375432f7d24efea6588a18c29.jpeg

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, all, and thank you Rich and Roy, for the Daily news and lists.

DS came by yesterday, bringing puppy granddog, Oskar, for a visit.  He's getting to be a big boy - 5 months now.  DD had bought a selection of puppy toys for him, and his favourites were the stuffed carrot and the fuzzy duck.  He was so funny - wanted to chew both at the same time and was frantic with joy.   It was difficult to get a picture, he never stopped moving!

IMG_5220.thumb.jpeg.c53d1cd375432f7d24efea6588a18c29.jpeg

He’s a cutie, Ann 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Ann I am missing our other sister's posts. Hopeshe comes back soon! 

☀️☀️☀️

Good morning to all!! To both my sisters 🌺Joy and Ann and to all who were concerned Roy, Rich, Jacqui Angel Cat and TIOGACRUISER thank you for caring!!

Took a long time to catch up on all the posts this am prior to leaving Mammoth!

A lot of smoke but we are safe no worries!!

Our fire department here helped in the Creek fire with the rescues of the campers and hikers at Mammoth Pools area.

We will be on 395 highway to the 5 home. All clear. It takes depending on traffic around 6-7 hours heading home! Tomorrow I will check back in!!

Paisley Shawn and our dear friends who are Shawn’s Godparents and Shawn’s best friend we all had a wonderful time!

Got to go now! Paisley and I are checking on our house make sure all is closed up!!

🌺Hey sounds like your picnic was a great success Joy👍👍👍👍 

I want all to know what a great Daily Family we have! So surprised how you cared!

Denise😊

There you are! Wonderful to see you! Safe trip home.❤️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Have you ben able to find a web cam showing it?  I see it on marine traffic. 

This is probably the closest one can come to that. This is the oil/chemical tanker "Ecofighter" which is alongside Westerdam providing bunker services. She is based and flagged out of Gibraltar

3171327.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks Rich and Roy!  Is the Koningsdam going through the canal Again?  

Kazu, love the begonias!  Summer slope, that drink sounds good and Cat so does the wine, had one of the best whites ever from the Loire!  

Hmm, our friend who is a priest told us international buy a priest a beer day was two weeks ago, 😂

We hope to enjoy The last days of summer by heading to the mountains!  

FDB1F9CA-E6D2-4C57-AFBF-91E72DF62B61.jpeg

2900B2AC-E9F4-4561-89DE-01C639DFB07A.jpeg

EFC91A34-3120-4814-A28B-5397BBF1F6C7.jpeg

• Like 9

47 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

This is probably the closest one can come to that. This is the oil/chemical tanker "Ecofighter" which is alongside Westerdam providing bunker services. She is based and flagged out of Gibraltar

3171327.jpg

Nicer looking than your average bunker ship.

Copper, looks like the Koningsdam is headed to the Panama Canal.  Do you think it is headed thru?  Does an empty cruise ship still pay for each berth?  With HAL bleeding $$$, wouldn't think they would send it thru unless it was very necessary.

Please check your crystal ball and tell us the future.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

And we met his sister from another father (and mother! 😉) in Hammerfest, Norway.

20170604_113033.jpg

Saw an entire pack having viennoiseries, baguettes, tartines, spreads and fruit on an outdoor restaurant terrace in Paris, France 😉 

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

Cold and rainy here today..... and I am loving it. May not be quite as happy when the snow flies this winter.

For some reason when I woke up this morning I was thinking about my old one-eyed Teddy Bear. Need to get him out,  dust him off and maybe make him more comfortable. Way to celebrate the day.

Susan

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Copper, looks like the Koningsdam is headed to the Panama Canal.  Do you think it is headed thru?  Does an empty cruise ship still pay for each berth?  With HAL bleeding $$$, wouldn't think they would send it thru unless it was very necessary.

No Crystal ball here but I think it's unlikely.  Both Oosterdam and Koningsdam have periodically went down to Balboa for a few days.  I expect it may be for provisioning and crew changes that may be easier in Panama than Costa Rica.  Koningsdam's future cruise listings are all on the West Coast so it seems unlikely she would go back through the canal without a change in itineraries.

Just my guess based on past experience.

Roy

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, richwmn said:

Maasdam -- Ship name as reported by AIS: AEGEAN MYTH

7 hours ago, richwmn said:

Veendam -- Ship name as reported by AIS: AEGEAN MAJESTY

I think that's been happening for several days now, and MT will always respond to Maasdam and Veendam.  The real change will I'm sure will come soon.  Their official recognition of the renaming will be recognized 2 ways:

1. When you search for Maasdam instead of the next line being "Passenger ship" it will say Ex Name(IMO Number)

2. If you hover over the icon on the map it will show the new name.

Here's an illustration for the Wilderness Adventurer, originally the Caribbean Prince.  I searched for Caribbean Prince in Marine Traffic:

Capture.JPG.01db6dca3b06fd987690bd63908c03a7.JPG

The ship hasn't been Caribbean Prince since before 2000, but the IMO number stays forever.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, lindaler said:

I have my trailer hooked up. Under evacuation orders. Four more boxes and we are on the move. Sun was pretty last night at five thirty but it was already dark. 

D16DFD3B-5746-4116-AA74-D1A21D470E7F.jpeg

Stay safe.  Very pretty but DANGEROUS.

Roy

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Himself said:

Mosts priests I know enjoy a beer every now andthen.  I am an exception.  I have never liked beer.  After many years of not taking one, I tried a beer at O'Hare Airport in2006.  I had not had one sice i had a guinnes in Ireland in 1995 and I have not had a beer since the that day at O'Hare in 2006.

I'm with you, I have never cared for beer either.  DH was given cases of beer every month while working at the brewery, and I never helped consume them.  We used to give lots of it away to friends or even to the employees of the small  locally-owned trash hauling company we had while living in one Eastern state.  They loved their Christmas "tips"!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Looking into the crystal ball | Pretty Sneaky, Sis

Time will definitely tell on this one, but I tend to be with Roy. She's been "hanging around" Panama for quite a while now and her southbound transit, now already several months ago (as opposed to going around the tip of South America), seems to have been an exception to the rule by the PCA. She is currently where she's supposed to be (Pacific Ocean) , schedule-wise, when cruising resumes in North America.  

Yes, cruise ships pay the PCA by per berth (used or not) plus by tonnage with the new locks being more expensive than the old ones

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I think that's been happening for several days now, and MT will always respond to Maasdam and Veendam.

Roy, I have been reporting this since Monday. As soon as MT ceases to respond to Maasdam and Veendam I will delete them from the list. I will follow the same protocol with Amsterdam and Maasdam, although a similar notice does not show on their pages yet.

• Like 1

Seeing the bear photos reminded me I had a couple of bears (not exactly teddy bears) sitting around in a closet.  Back in the 90's my daughter and son were in college at rivals Ohio State* and Michigan.  At that time, DH and I were at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA for an Oktoberfest event.  I went up to the throw the ring over the bottle booth and won two large stuffed animals.  Well, actually I won the first bear and then in order not to show favoritism  continued working at it until I won the other bear!   What an arm, eh?😁

*officially known as "The Ohio State University" for all our Ohioans here.

thumbnail?appId=YMailNodin&page=1

• Like 2