(29) December 2020 Itineraries still about to book

voljeep

🥃 per the Princess website 🦄 with final payments due anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks ( approximately ) ...

Pause 5 to be announced 'soon', or will Princess "allow" these final payments to be made holding out hope that 

the cruises will actually happen ?

Diamond Princess in Japan / China - really?

I 'guess' it's possible that a few of the cruises could go ... 7 days E/W Caribbean and some 7 day from the west coast ( USA )

sad/glad our next booked cruise isn't until 4/2021

stay safe 😷

stay hydrated

We are booked on Enchanted for 12/26.  If it goes, would be her 2nd sailing.  Unfortunately, it's out of Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale) and rumor is that only Port Canaveral and Miami will be open.  Our payment is also due in a couple of weeks.  Trying to be positive, but reality will probably bite.  Have only paid deposit so far and won't pay in full until absolutely necessary.  On the other hand, logged in earlier this week and was able to at least wish list excursions.  

I think Princess will accept final payments. I don’t think the cruises will happen this year, at least not in California. I don’t think the governor will allow cruise ships to dock here.

I wouldn’t want to be out thousands of dollars during the holidays.

For us, it’s better to spend that money elsewhere. 😢 

this will break years of tradition 

• Like 5

We are booked, but just have not canceled, sadly. I live here in the Los Angeles area, and I cannot imagine them being allowed to doc. Our kids are not even allowed in school in most of the areas. I cannot imagine LA County being open enough to allow cruises. That might be equivalent to allowing concerts. So sad though, I would love to chill on a balcony with my husband... the ENTIRE time. hahaha I am more curious on what Princess is going to do and what will happen. Our deposit was from FCC so not too worried about that. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, musicmama2010 said:

Unfortunately, it's out of Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale) and rumor is that only Port Canaveral and Miami will be open. 

Carnival Cruise lines (not Carnival Corp which owns CCL and Princess) said the only remaining cruises on their 2020 schedule will sail from those two ports (if they really get to sail).

14 hours ago, Bowm54 said:

18 December Coral from Buenos Aires, final payment expected next week.

Princess adamant is proceeding!

No chance, and you will not even be allowed to leave Australia by then. I certainly would not be making final payment for something that you will not receive. I would hate to think Princess will impose cancellation fees when our Govt is denying you the chance to leave the Country, even if the cruise takes place. 

16 hours ago, voljeep said:

🥃 per the Princess website 🦄 with final payments due anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks ( approximately ) ...

Pause 5 to be announced 'soon', or will Princess "allow" these final payments to be made holding out hope that 

Are any ports open, that might welcome (endure?) a cruise ship call?

20+ members of my family are booked on the 20 December Caribbean Princess Christmas sailing. This would be our fifth Princess Christmas cruise but we are cancelling. With no information on ports, the actual onboard changes and having family members from 2 years old to 85 scheduled to sail the thought of paying $45,000 is crazy. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bowm54 said:

18 December Coral from Buenos Aires, final payment expected next week.

Princess adamant is proceeding!

I'm booked on this one, too! Just today spoke with a Princess rep who said she did not have any definite information about whether this sailing will happen. 😔 Guess it depends on who you speak with. I think Princess wants and intends to proceed, yes -- but (and a big but) I have doubts about whether Argentina and Chile's borders will be open. Both are closed to foreign nationals and their COVID rates are not improving.

23 hours ago, voljeep said:

will Princess "allow" these final payments to be made holding out hope that 

At this point, I'm expecting them to "allow" the final payments. (Not looking forward to making the decision whether or not to pay, though!) In my opinion, if they were not intending to try to do these December sailings, then they would have cancelled them at the beginning of this month, after the extension of the no-sail order. But who knows! I hate all the uncertainty.

There's another option Princess may employ (other than cancelling), namely resetting the final payment date to a still shorter interval prior to sailing - maybe 30 or even 15 days. 

After all, the likelihood of reselling cancelled cabins for these voyages is next to nil in current circumstances, so why not keep booked passengers engaged until more facts are known?

We're booked on Emerald, trans canal, in late January.  There's zero chance it will happen, but we haven't cancelled yet, there's no great reason to.  On the other hand, when the final payment is due next month there's zero chance I'll give Princess my money before even a single ship has sailed.  If they change our due date to late December, and show some progress getting ships away from the pier before hand . . . maybe.

Do realize we're Grand / Travis survivors and those experiences will forever color how we measure risks.  Still, we're eager to sail and have 5 bookings through mid '22, looking forward to going when the time is right.

• Like 2

On 10/7/2020 at 6:36 PM, DUCHESSRN said:

We are on Royal 12/19 .....I had hoped for more information by now .My concern is if someone tests positive ( very likely that may happen ) will we be allowed to dock and return home ??

I'm booked on this Mexican cruise too. Final payment is due Oct 19, right around the corner. I'm on the fence about making final payment, I was hoping Princess would have made some announcement by now. I don't plan to cruise due to the uncertainty of the virus but wanted Princess to cancel first for extra FCC's. 

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

I'm booked on this Mexican cruise too. Final payment is due Oct 19, right around the corner. I'm on the fence about making final payment, I was hoping Princess would have made some announcement by now. I don't plan to cruise due to the uncertainty of the virus but wanted Princess to cancel first for extra FCC's. 

I just saw the email about our final payment.. I laughed.. and wanted to cry. We are right after yours, so just seeing what plays out. Sadly, not going to go this round. We just might hold off for a few years until our oldest can be in a cabin with the younger 2. 

How can Princess be selling Australia cruises for December? Are they expecting a miracle cure next month? I understand they want revenue but it's a very short sighted approach. I just feel they have moved over the 'optimistic' line into the unethical zone. They need to be realistic and take their customers along with them. 

• Like 1

Japan is opening up cruise to Japan-flagged ships (a few but not many).

With proper procedures in place and other negotiations it might actually happen.

Trouble is PCL from Japan needs to stop at a foreign port due to regulations (similar to the US one). The only one I bet they even will have a remote chance of docking is Taiwan. I don't believe any Mainland ports will be open to foreign cruises but am happy to be proved wrong.

Michael

Edited by eamondzhang

11 minutes ago, john1970 said:

How can Princess be selling Australia cruises for December? Are they expecting a miracle cure next month? I understand they want revenue but it's a very short sighted approach. I just feel they have moved over the 'optimistic' line into the unethical zone. They need to be realistic and take their customers along with them. 

You do realise that the case number in Australia is as low as we can imagine in Western countries - and ScoMo (our PM) has publicly mentioned he wanted domestic borders open by Christmas, which is right at the time when cruise is about to restart.

There's also a travel bubble for NZers to come to NSW and NT now - although the reverse hasn't happened but I do believe this is largely due to the election in NZ that is right on the horizon (17 Oct IIRC).

I know this is subject to allowing the ships back but IMO there is a bigger chance that this can happen down here than up in the States - if all procedures are approved by local health team.

Michael

Edited by eamondzhang

I was on the December 20 canal cruise and just cancelled Monday as final payment was due next week.

It was to leave LA (port not open).back to FTL where I live and our port isn;t open either. Also don;t want to cruise wearing a mask not a vacation to me nor buying only ship excursions. I will open my patio door and go sit by the pool

Kathy

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rabin1 said:

I was on the December 20 canal cruise and just cancelled Monday as final payment was due next week.

It was to leave LA (port not open).back to FTL where I live and our port isn;t open either.

Could it be that the ports are not open because no cruises can sail from/to them yet per CDC order?

7 hours ago, caribill said:

Could it be that the ports are not open because no cruises can sail from/to them yet per CDC order?

It was a statement as to why I cancelled not a question............ I know why the ports are not open

Have a wonderful day

Kathy

Bowm54

Read your post with interest as we are booked on Coral Princess South America sailing on 4th February 2021. Have just checked availability on your sailing on the Princess website and availability appears to be about 90%. At least there will be no problem self distancing!!

In UK our final payment was due on 20th October, but have managed to persuade our TA to defer payment until 5th November. Agree with you that there is not a chance that these South American cruises can go ahead, and think it is immoral of Princess not to cancel now.