The Daily for Monday Dec 7, 2020

richwmn

image.jpeg.dc9aee46bcf1749c7123905a0328be60.jpeg
🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

To all that served YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN !!!! 

🌺GOOD MORNING TO ALL ON THE DAILY AND TO RICH AND TO ROY!! I DO 

ENJOY THE QUOTES, AND THE DAYS. I SEE A WHITE WINE TODAY!👍👍

🌺🌺ANN HAVE A SAFE RIDE  BACK HOME AND I ENJOYED YOUR  PICTURES!

🌺🌺JOY GLAD YOU ARE FINALLY GETTING YOUR NEW WASHER AND DRYER!!!OH FORGOT YOUR DISHWASHER TOO! PS: I AM VERY CAREFUL WITH MY THUMB! Right NOW I HAVE NO FEELING ON THE TIP BUT TIME WILL TELL WHEN OR IF I WILL GET IT BACK.

❤️❤️❤️

HAVE YOU ALL NOTICED HOW TALENTED OF A GROUP OF WONDERFUL FRIENDS WE HAVE ON THIS BOARD??? IT IS AMAZING IN MY EYES. THINK ABOUT IT! 
🌺FROM ELOQUENT WRITERS

🌺AMAZING GARDENERS 

🌺METICULOUS AND BEAUTIFUL CROSS STITCHING 

🌺PHOTOGRAPHERS

🌺FABULOUS BAKERS

🌺OUR HISTORIANS

🌺AND TO ALL WITH A CARING SIDE 

AND LOVE TO KEEP THIS VERY HEARTFELT BLOG GOING!

❤️HAPPY MONDAY

Denise😊

• Like 17

Thanks to all who post and those who continue to keep this positive place going.  Today is my BFF's birthday--she was born on 12/07/1941!  We have been friends since we were sophomores in HS.  63 year friendship.

Will make this quick, as I have an early appointment at the dermatologist for MOHS surgery for skin cancer.  Second time in this area of my nose.  Think it is a result of being at WTC after 09/11.  Oh well, just so he gets it all.

Have a great day everyone.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

Will make this quick, as I have an early appointment at the dermatologist for MOHS surgery for skin cancer.  Second time in this area of my nose.  Think it is a result of being at WTC after 09/11.  Oh well, just so he gets it all.

Good luck with your surgery ❤️. I hope it is very successful 🙏🏻 

• Like 5

Good morning, all! A moment of silence in memory of Pearl Harbour.

Both meal suggestions sound good, although I lean towards the beef. I’ll pass on the drink, but the wine sounds worthy of trying!
@StLouisCruisers another beautiful Christmas stocking! I really look forward to those.

DH has gone to town for a medical appointment, so it’s just me and the Christmas tree in the pre-dawn darkness. Our provincial health orders expire today, so in a few hours we’ll likely hear what the new ones that affect Christmas will be.

Meanwhile, Happy Monday courtesy of the Amsterdam elevator!

0F86250F-A601-4663-B22A-B4F49FFFB915.jpeg

• Like 15

34 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

Thanks to all who post and those who continue to keep this positive place going.  Today is my BFF's birthday--she was born on 12/07/1941!  We have been friends since we were sophomores in HS.  63 year friendship.

I will be thinking of you this am. I also am one who has gone through several MOHS 

surgeries and with this great technology 

it is wonderful! Prayers your way today!!

🙏🙏Denise😊

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, bdrcole said:

We can always use some good news.

A Canadian man drives a stranded American family 1,600 km to Alaska

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/a-canadian-man-drives-a-stranded-american-family-1-600-km-to-alaska-1.5219974

For someone who doesn't post here very often you certainly make the best use of the times you do post.

Roy

• Like 11

3 hours ago, cruzn single said:

I hope it goes well!

• Like 2

Good morning and thanks all!  Appreciate being on the celebration list! 
The  wine sounds yummy!  

My uncle was in the US navy,  joined very young,  so Pearl Harbour has special significance.  Recently watched the movie Midway about the aftermath, it was very well done.  

We had the most amazing luck yesterday,  we saw a male snowy owl and then later a female one.  My first ones ever!  

2D3E98C5-3254-4F85-B2E7-785F0D2E7328.jpeg

3B03F4D6-3D93-4415-9F92-4E881A9C489A.jpeg

• Like 17

Hope the MOHS surgery goes well, @cruzn single, it is a great invention!  I thought I would have a great zig zag scar down my nose, but it has all disappeared.  Then I thought the cancer had come back and had another biopsy, but it was just a cyst or something benign anyway.  It just takes a while to get it all done...

Good morning all, we slept in this morning.  I have not been sleeping well, so decided to just have one mug of real coffee in the morning then head into the decaf,  Seems to have worked.

We lived in China through the war, across the Dateline - so Pearl Harbor has always been December 8 for me.  Very strange, I was only 1, but my mother always remembered it on December 8 so I do, too!  That spring we were put into an internment camp.

It is raining here today, I have a few plants I am trying to overwinter in pots, so I will move them out into the warm moisture for a while.  It is supposed to be quite warm for the week.  As @Horizon chaser 1957said, we find out today if we are to continue (semi-) lockdown for another two weeks.  If we are allowed, I will get my hair cut this week.  I have to say, I haven't seen much decrease in traffic these last two weeks.   

• Like 12

11 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  Appreciate being on the celebration list! 
The  wine sounds yummy!  

My uncle was in the US navy,  joined very young,  so Pearl Harbour has special significance.  Recently watched the movie Midway about the aftermath, it was very well done.  

We had the most amazing luck yesterday,  we saw a male snowy owl and then later a female one.  My first ones ever!  

2D3E98C5-3254-4F85-B2E7-785F0D2E7328.jpeg

3B03F4D6-3D93-4415-9F92-4E881A9C489A.jpeg

What gorgeous owls!  I have only seen an owl here once, but I frequently hear them during the night, they are lovely.  A lot are dying here though, from eating poisoned rats.  Very distressing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I love snowy owls! They are so beautiful. 

10 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

We lived in China through the war, across the Dateline - so Pearl Harbor has always been December 8 for me.  Very strange, I was only 1, but my mother always remembered it on December 8 so I do, too!  That spring we were put into an internment camp.

Gosh, I would love to be on a cruise with you and hear your story.

• Like 6

Good afternoon all.  Thanks for the dailies Rich, it’s leftovers for supper but I will look up the recipe for another day.  The drink of the day has too many ingredients and as soon as I see chocolate I back off.   I used to like cotton candy but now realize it's just too sweet.  Do you remember getting a plate of cc in the Canaletto?   DH and I took time this morning to talk about Pearl Harbour.  The Christmas decorating continues, almost done.  It is certainly going to be different, we are not used to it being just the 2 of us and we will miss our family dearly.  My best to those on the  care list.

• Like 10

Good morning, barely, as it 11:50 am in Arizona.

December 7 is one day that will remain in the collective memory of this country and most of the world.  The memorial at Pearl Harbor is not only beautiful, but awe inspiring.

Loved the pictures of the owls.

@cruzn single Hope the MOHS goes well.  

I finally finished the cookies late yesterday afternoon.  I need to box some to get in the mail, and get the rest ready to distribute in the neighborhood orinto containers.  I'll post pictures of the finished cookies later today or tomorrow.

Lenda

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Anyone on here have any idea why NS and Westerdam are heading to North America when they have Spring European cruises?  

The 2021 schedule is still in flux at the moment and ships are being repositioned with changes to that schedule as we speak

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

@Copper10-8, let us know if there is any word from Ine.

Roy

Hi Roy

Ton had a successful 4-hour quadruple by-pass surgery performed by a lady doctor/professor and a staff of nine in Amsterdam. He will remain in ICU for a couple of days, followed by a stay in "medium care," and the game plan is to then transfer him to a hospital in Beverwijk, which is closer to their home, for a couple of days before being discharged   

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3