April 2021 looking like a good time to book

seaman11

Happy New Year, @seaman11

April is now the first month that NCL has not cancelled yet. We have a cruise booked in April and just finished making dining reservations.... positive thinking. 

Unfortunately, the pandemic will probably be still going strong with the combined flu/COVID continuing to impact the cruise line's ability to restart operations. Even your county continues to have an 7-day average of 378 new cases a day with a positivity rate of >11% (better than other places in the country, but not good). 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, seaman11 said:

April 2021 looking like a good time to book

oh man. I give up.....   I already went to mexico by plane and it was pretty good. Protocols and all. But could have been hotter.  

Seaman, it's good to hear from you....I feel a sense of deja vu....!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, seaman11 said:

This really sucks.  This virus is going nowhere soon it seems. So let cruises go on and have ppl sign waivers.  There is always a risk to catch any virus . 

Seaman, we have two cruises currently booked whilst two were cancelled in 2020....the first one, July 2021 from NYC to Bermuda on Oceania we fear is a bust; the second (new first?) is a transatlantic November 2021 from Barcelona to Barbados on MSC, with a very fair wind we hope this may yet be the one!!

Take care of your health, and a very happy New Year to you and yours....we don't often agree, but you always make me smile. 😊

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 2

I have been on a ship with Noro and saw the conditions that the crew were having to labour under and the conditions we had to adhere to.   They were absolutely nothing when compared to what I imagine what it would be like under Covid.

No waiver for me, I want everyone, crew included, to have a valid Vaccine Certificate that is acceptable to the cruise line available before boarding.   Even then no one could be certain that the ship would remain Covid free.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, seaman11 said:

😷  oh man. I give up.....   I already went to mexico by plane and it was pretty good. Protocols and all. But could have been hotter.  

Welcome back @seaman11! We've missed your unbridled enthusiasm & dedication to cruising. Hang in there, covid vaccinations are already being administered and they will improve & increase the speed of administering the vaccine(s) in short order.

I'm still thinking 2nd half of 2021, but hopefully, cruising will resume even sooner.

Edited by farmersfight
  • Like 5

• Have a European cruise booked for April 2021, no intention of getting any vaccine. The positive rate currently is 5% and the majority of them are minor symptoms if any. I read of a passenger in their 80's who tested positive on one of the first test cruises, what the hell is an 80 year old doing on a cruise ship in the current environment. 
  • Get cruising restarted then we can deal with the most vulnerable.

2 hours ago, thwatcher100 said:
  • Have a European cruise booked for April 2021, no intention of getting any vaccine. The positive rate currently is 5% and the majority of them are minor symptoms if any. I read of a passenger in their 80's who tested positive on one of the first test cruises, what the hell is an 80 year old doing on a cruise ship in the current environment. 
  • Get cruising restarted then we can deal with the most vulnerable.

You think you can’t die from or transmit the virus unless your 80? I hope you and your cruise go nowhere ..... no vaccinations will just lead to more positive tests and negative press for the lines and will just help lead to more cruise cancellations one after another . Your attitude sucks .... Ignorance.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

You think you can’t die from or transmit the virus unless your 80? I hope you and your cruise go nowhere ..... no vaccinations will just lead to more positive tests and negative press for the lines and will just help lead to more cruise cancellations one after another . Your attitude sucks .... Ignorance.

No my attitude is realistic, there is zero chance of Europeans being vaccinated before cruises begin in April 2021. Nobody over the age of 66 should be even contemplating going on a cruise until 2022 at the earliest. The infection on rate is low and the symptoms even less in those under 65. 

If you want to live in a bubble , then stay at home.

Edited by thwatcher100
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, thwatcher100 said:

No my attitude is realistic, there is zero chance of Europeans being vaccinated before cruises begin in April 2021. Nobody over the age of 66 should be even contemplating going on a cruise until 2022 at the earliest. The infection on rate is low and the symptoms even less in those under 65. 

If you want to live in a bubble , then stay at home.

Your use of statistics and how you personally want to apply them and who should or could be cruising is pointless and reckless. Symptom levels aboard a cruise means nothing. Simple positively tests are enough alone .  You boasting that you have no intention of vaccinating before getting on a cruise makes you look like a “special” type of person . 🙄 Again, I hope your cruise is cancelled and you continue to sit home on the couch.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, thwatcher100 said:
  • Have a European cruise booked for April 2021, no intention of getting any vaccine....

Whether you get the vaccine or not has no bearing on an April 2021 cruise in Europe....it won't be sailing, trust me! 🙄

• Like 2

19 hours ago, vpearlkc said:

Hope we turn the corner on covid by April and by New Years Day 2022 things are back to near normal. Plan to be on a beach somewhere by June. 

It doesnt look good. My dads complex was having a bug no mask 100ppl or more new years party. In Texas.  

Smh ppl are selfish and in denial. But what im saying is we must give up. Because these ppl will never listen. We cant go on for years waiting for it to happen. Half wont take the vaccine either. 

2 hours ago, seaman11 said:

....Smh ppl are selfish and in denial. But what im saying is we must give up. Because these ppl will never listen....

Seaman............nooooooooooo, don't give up......although I'm sure it was a typo!!

• Like 4