Anyone still booking cruises, or have we all given up?

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

We're very fortunate...enough for not only us to enjoy but to leave also. We also enjoy gifting them now to watch them enjoy. Family cruises priceless memories.

We’ve been very fortunate, through good paying jobs and smart investing to accumulate a very nice financial portfolio. We basically have everything we want and have traveled to anywhere we desired yet our account keeps growing dramatically. We have also helped our son pay off their house and set up a college account so our only grandchild will be able to go to school and graduate with no debt. Yet the account grows. We refuse to spend it just to spend it, so our son and our grandson should live good lives and nothing could make us happier. Win - Win.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Someone once mentioned..."When is the last time you saw a U-Haul trailer attached to a hearse?"

Indeed can't take it with us...didn't work hard all our lives not to spend and enjoy it.  😉 

I saw a meme with a u-haul attached to a golf cart the other day

We booked Brilliance for June 2022 a few weeks ago. We got to the point where we figured that we weren't going to do the Anthem cruise we have booked for this June so we decided to roll the dice. We haven't canceled the Anthem one yet but we have pretty much decided that even if the ship sails we wont be on that one.

I booked Symphony for Feb 2022 for myself and my father (my hubby hates cruises! 😳😤) so I'm hoping we get back to cruising before then. I don't care if it just goes out to sea for 7 days without a port stop, just get me on the ship!

• Like 1

We Lifted and shifted 2 cruises from Dec 2019 to Dec 2020 (from Oasis to Harmony) and I was super confident we’d be sailing by then, but I’m starting to have doubts.  Fingers are crossed. 

Also L&S from April 2020 to April 2021 (Oasis to Symphony).   Bummed at this one especially as it was for my DH 50th bday with friends - but it’ll be my 50th in 2022 so we can still rip it up.  😈

Not booking any more 2022 cruises as we have weeks and weeks of condo time to use up - needless to say if we can travel in 2022 we are outtie.   

On 1/16/2021 at 8:33 PM, Tree_skier said:

Are you meaning the suite or the regular Panoramic OV.  I had my great TA check on the price for the suite but it was a little rich for me. I've got to save my shekels for March 2023 30th anniversary.

I had the VP suite booked for March on Freedom for a southern Caribbean cruise, but it was just cancelled.  When I booked it, it was still considered an outside room but with suite perks, so it was a GREAT price.  When I tried to lift & shift the other day, I couldn't do that because Freedom is being replaced in San Juan with Explorer and will have a little different itinerary & the only 2 VP suites are already booked.  I ended up booking a VP on Liberty in March 2022 for $1500 more than I originally paid!

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I saw a meme with a u-haul attached to a golf cart the other day

Our UPS deliveries in our community has mostly gone to a golf cart hauling small open U-haul trailer.  Big truck comes in, then hands off to one of the locals here.  He is very....very slow.  Guessing eating too many fresh cookies as hand outs along the way.  😉 

• Haha 2

On 1/14/2021 at 12:34 PM, vacationlover_mn said:

I was lucky to go on a cruise in late Feb of '20.  Normally, I book another one right away.  However, we were in the process of buying a new cabin, and selling our old one.  Then, DH got furloughed.  So, we held off on booking till things were resolved.  Then, we said "we won't book until things are more normal, and we don't have to wear a mask while lounging in a lounger".  However, now that we are approaching the time of year we normally cruise, or plan a different type of vacation, I realized that I need to plan something, or go nuts.  So, I convinced DH to let me book for next year.  I know it might not sail, but at least I have something fun to plan 🙂

I used my FCC last night to book for Sept 2022.  I need something to look forward to!

🚢

The Grandeur Barbados cruises are selling like hot cakes here in UK!   Fabulous prices and some winter sun for us Brits with the ease of direct flights from 2 airports.  Makes an interesting alternative to the usual winter sun destination of Dubai.

Edited by little britain

Well, we all try to catch the best deal available out there. Sometimes its hard and I totally understand that. I think one of the main points of doing it is to be in contact with something that you truly admire and love. Which is cruising 

3 hours ago, little britain said:

The Grandeur Barbados cruises are selling like hot cakes here in UK!   Fabulous prices and some winter sun for us Brits with the ease of direct flights from 2 airports.  Makes an interesting alternative to the usual winter sun destination of Dubai.

I tried to book the 14 night last week but by the time the agent rang me back all the JS had already gone! Just booked Serenade Sydney to Singapore next Feb instead but can't get too excited as no idea if it will actually happen.

21 minutes ago, kernow said:

I tried to book the 14 night last week but by the time the agent rang me back all the JS had already gone! Just booked Serenade Sydney to Singapore next Feb instead but can't get too excited as no idea if it will actually happen.

I only got an OV!!! All balconies and suites gone in 2 days!  #firstworldproblems 

Edited by little britain

Decided we could not miss an opportunity to do the Fort Lauderdale Threestep.  Put refundable deposits on Allure 3/13/22 6 days out of Fort Lauderdale, then a night in port followed by 6 days on the Odessey, then 2 days in port followed by 11 days on the Vision 3/28/22.  It was a total of $1,900 in refundable deposits, with very few insides available  midship on Allure and Odessey.  I figure at current interest rates we are losing about 12 cents a month (before taxes).  Hoping to get 46 crown and anchor points, will get to be diamond after the Allure cruise provided our Anthem 12 nights on 12/12/21 sails out of Cape Liberty.  Navigator also sails out of the Fort that March, but all are three and four day cruises and more expensive per night than the Vision or the Allure.  Feels normal to have 4 cruises booked again, had 61 nights of cruises cancelled by Royal in 2020. Still hard to believe we have another 11 months to wait until our next cruise. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, little britain said:

Took a look at the 14 days out of Barbados on 2/20/22 , they are well priced, but the suites and balconies are sold out for that date.  The 7days are looking good all kinds of cabins are still available.