Frustrated with rebookings

Riemercruisin

We're pretty frustrated at this point. Understandably cruises are canceled, but when we try to apply the FCCs to new bookings, Carnival requires fresh deposits. 

On these boards and the book of Faces, people are saying that they got everything transferred over without a new deposit. Well, we've been unlucky. PVP couldn't do it, calling 3 different agents couldn't do it, even the Diamond Desk couldn't do it.

It's not about the money, it's the fact that we have 5 canceled bookings with loads of money in Carnival's hands. Don't want to donate more $$$ until the ships start sailing?

Requesting a refund is also a can of worms....

21 minutes ago, Riemercruisin said:

We're pretty frustrated at this point.

It's not about the money, it's the fact that we have 5 canceled bookings

with loads of money in Carnival's hands.

Don't want to donate more $$$ until the ships start sailing?

Couldn't agree more!

Don't "lend" them any more money -not at this point.

They're just stringing y'all along!

So glad I'm not invested in this merry-go-round..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I totally get your frustration. Hubby and I (both 68) have decided to get off this merry-go-round and take the refund this time. The downside is that we will have about $4000 in Carnival gift cards to use when we feel it is safe to do so.  Just hoping Carnival doesn’t go bankrupt and that we live long enough to use them.  

Edited by HLGW60
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, Riemercruisin said:

We're pretty frustrated at this point. Understandably cruises are canceled, but when we try to apply the FCCs to new bookings, Carnival requires fresh deposits. 

On these boards and the book of Faces, people are saying that they got everything transferred over without a new deposit. Well, we've been unlucky. PVP couldn't do it, calling 3 different agents couldn't do it, even the Diamond Desk couldn't do it.

It's not about the money, it's the fact that we have 5 canceled bookings with loads of money in Carnival's hands. Don't want to donate more $$$ until the ships start sailing?

Thats odd...I have had 3 different cruises cancelled since last year...all my rebookings were handled by my PVP without any additional money ever being put down.   All my existing cruise funds get transferred to the new booking no problem.

Edited by bingomamma19
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Riemercruisin said:

Carnival is changing policies as they go. Have had OBC and the free cheers    program  they ran at the beginning of the month changed.  All has to do with money.

16 hours ago, HLGW60 said:

I totally get your frustration. Hubby and I (both 68) have decided to get off this merry-go-round and take the refund this time. The downside is that we will have about $4000 in Carnival gift cards to use when we feel it is safe to do so.  Just hoping Carnival doesn’t go bankrupt and that we live long enough to use them.  

I made the same decision with my recently cancelled April cruise.  Also I'm in the same boat with gift cards with questionable future value.

Time will tell.

I just did this last night. I first booked my new cruise on a 96 courtesy hold.  then when I called Carnival I gave them all of the old booking #'s, which was 3 cancelled cruises and had them apply the money to the new booking.  Easy process, didn't have to pay anything.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, dallasdan said:

I just did this last night. I first booked my new cruise on a 96 courtesy hold.  then when I called Carnival I gave them all of the old booking #'s, which was 3 cancelled cruises and had them apply the money to the new booking.  Easy process, didn't have to pay anything.

On these canceled cruises, did you have more than the basic deposit paid?

Hi,

I called Carnival today to transfer my cancelled April Panorama Cruise to an August Glory cruise. A short & smooth transaction. We don’t use a PVP anymore.   

Here’s where we are as cruisers: I book everything for all my hubby & mine’s vacations. I book cruises far out (1-2 years). The cruises have been paid for by the sail date.

THEN 2020 and Covid hit. Our family owned business was affected financially (like everybody’s else’s it seems) . Would we be able to come up with down payments & monthly payments on EASY PAY during this time ??? Nope.

So, I keep playing on the Carnival Merry-Go-Round because I know we WILL cruise again. I’m just having our cruise “fix” delayed. In the meantime I am getting $600 OBC for each Carnival cancelled cruise (3). In exchange, we wait and know we will cruise in the future. 

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

On these canceled cruises, did you have more than the basic deposit paid?

I think that's "the thing".  If the new deposit is more than the former deposit, they want "new money".  If it's less than the canceled cruise, they'll apply it.

I could be wrong.  The policy could have changed.  Who knows?

When my last cruise was canceled (9/21) I booked for 9/22 only because I didn't have to put any money down.  This was a few months ago.

5 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I think that's "the thing".  If the new deposit is more than the former deposit, they want "new money".  If it's less than the canceled cruise, they'll apply it.

I could be wrong.  The policy could have changed.  Who knows?

When my last cruise was canceled (9/21) I booked for 9/22 only because I didn't have to put any money down.  This was a few months ago.

This is not correct. Even if the deposit is the same amount, Carnival requires a fresh deposit for a rebooked cruise from a paused sailing. 

The only exception is when YOU decide to switch ship and sail date from an active 2021 cruise.

In case you paid more than the basic deposit, then this overage can go towards the new deposit. 

My original cruise was April, 2020.  When that was cancelled I switched it to September, 2020.  When that was cancelled I switched it to April 2021.  On Monday, I switched that cruise to May 2022.  Never once did I have to put any money down when moving the cruises.  All were changed after Carnival cancelled.  The original April cruise was paid in full.   

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

This is not correct. Even if the deposit is the same amount, Carnival requires a fresh deposit for a rebooked cruise from a paused sailing. 

The only exception is when YOU decide to switch ship and sail date from an active 2021 cruise.

In case you paid more than the basic deposit, then this overage can go towards the new deposit. 

That has NOT been my experience at all, and I have plenty of experience with rebooking cancelled cruised.  To be clear, these were cruises Carnival cancelled for one reason or other, Mardi Gras not ready for prime time and COVID-19 related.  

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

That has NOT been my experience at all, and I have plenty of experience with rebooking cancelled cruised.  To be clear, these were cruises Carnival cancelled for one reason or other, Mardi Gras not ready for prime time and COVID-19 related.  

Then you might have lucked out.

What I mentioned are the current rules. How do I know? Because of my job, which I'm not allowed to specify on these boards.

41 minutes ago, jcgld62 said:

I've had several canceled (by Carnival) and chose to rebook to future dates and did not have to pay any additional monies at the time of rebooking. 

Same.  September 2020 to Alaska was cancelled so I rolled everything over to September 2021 and did not have to pay any extra.  Since the 2021 cruise is more expensive, I will have to pay more at the back end, but I hope we know something about the Alaska season prior to the final payment date.  

54 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I don’t think it’s going to matter. New news has NCL sending extra crew members back home essentially meaning test cruising won’t happen in the next few months. Wonder how long before Carnival does the same. 

I'm afraid you are correct 😪 I still have one booked for May 8, 2021 that I'm sure will be canceled in the coming weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jcgld62 said:

I'm afraid you are correct 😪 I still have one booked for May 8, 2021 that I'm sure will be canceled in the coming weeks.

I am expecting my September 19 cruise to be cancelled.  It's hard to see cruises sailing this fall, given where we are right now.

1 hour ago, bury me at sea said:

I am expecting my September 19 cruise to be cancelled.  It's hard to see cruises sailing this fall, given where we are right now.

I too am becoming worried about my sept cruise. Its charged on  now cancelled credit card at a bank I no longer do business with.

I'm booked sept 2022 b2b already and would be to cancel something to rebook at this point. I'm tired of rebooking and losing cruises, but dont want to try and collect on a cancelled credit card.

Every time I rebook prices are higher. Ill be vaccinated and ready to cruise before carnival is ready by a long shot it seems. Tired of rebooking at higher prices, then the next time it's even more.

• Like 1

I don't understand why Carnival has different rules for everyone.  I have had 4 cruises canceled and have had no issues moving funds to previously booked cruises.  I even got a refund in 2 weeks for when my last cruise was canceled.  Now I'm just counting down until they cancel my May cruise.

• Like 1