CCL Stock rising fast this morning

asalligo

No reason for it to rise other than wishful thinking. The CDC is not even engaging with the ports or cruise industry. There are so many issues that need to be resolved and they have not even identified them to begin resolving. I. along with most people here, am ready to vacation again. I have a TA friend that says the hottest thing now in our area are AI's in Punta Cana, Jamaica, and other islands in the Caribbean. Most have extremely favorable policies and the biggest is free hotel in case of a positive test before returning. People are just sick of not being able to do anything. Kids with remote school can login, get everything done, and enjoy the rest of the day. He said families and others are very strong for traveling.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

No reason for it to rise other than wishful thinking. The CDC is not even engaging with the ports or cruise industry. There are so many issues that need to be resolved and they have not even identified them to begin resolving. I. along with most people here, am ready to vacation again. I have a TA friend that says the hottest thing now in our area are AI's in Punta Cana, Jamaica, and other islands in the Caribbean. Most have extremely favorable policies and the biggest is free hotel in case of a positive test before returning. People are just sick of not being able to do anything. Kids with remote school can login, get everything done, and enjoy the rest of the day. He said families and others are very strong for traveling.

That is what I have been thinking also. Why the rise? I was waiting for another drop. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, asalligo said:

That is what I have been thinking also. Why the rise? I was waiting for another drop. 

I made a lot off of CCL, NCL, and RCL. CCL should not be about $14. If it stays above that level, I don't have a need or reason to buy it. Plenty of other things that are much safer. Too much cash burn, no cruising in sight, and another attempt for $600M in junk loans. If they are forced to file bankruptcy, then this goes below $10. 

We just need to get cruising back in June. It is as simple as that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

I made a lot off of CCL, NCL, and RCL. CCL should not be about $14. If it stays above that level, I don't have a need or reason to buy it. Plenty of other things that are much safer. Too much cash burn, no cruising in sight, and another attempt for $600M in junk loans. If they are forced to file bankruptcy, then this goes below $10. 

We just need to get cruising back in June. It is as simple as that.

ONE conspiracy theorist analyst thinks $14.

CCL acquired 3.5 billion last week at 5.75% interest. UNSECURED.

MANY corporate bonds have junk rating. Before Carnival goes bankrupt, many others will lead the way. Especially NCL.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, asalligo said:

Someone is confident we will be cruising again before they run out of money. 

Actually the stock channel thinks it's up because ccl corp has a cruiseline supposed to restart but it's not in the USA. And the stock traders take it from there. Means nothing overall.  

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Actually the stock channel thinks it's up because ccl corp has a cruiseline supposed to restart but it's not in the USA. And the stock traders take it from there. Means nothing overall.  

Doesn't explain why all cruise lines are up.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/02/16/why-cruise-ship-stocks-are-lifting-the-stock-marke/

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Since when do day traders make sense? It doesnt make sense to me cruise stocks are this high.

Werent you the one telling me I was wrong about oil stocks running up and oil going up a month or two ago. 

When the stock starts to get higher is when Carnival acts and creates more shares out of thin air to sell and dilutes the price of the stock. It's been a while since they have done this so it should happen again soon. Taking the pizza and cutting it into thinner slices is all it does.

• Thanks 1

The news of a start date by Aida in the Canaries has institutions clutching their beads because there may be some cash flow. They all are standing at the window to buy, but there are few shares available, so they increase the bid to the relatively high daily advance.

We will not see any significant moves until the Carnival brand resumes, hopefully in May, but we need to see what the King does at his little desk.

20 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

When the stock starts to get higher is when Carnival acts and creates more shares out of thin air to sell and dilutes the price of the stock. It's been a while since they have done this so it should happen again soon. Taking the pizza and cutting it into thinner slices is all it does.

Issuing more shares is generally a way to raise capital but can dilute value to a degree, depending upon demand.  Not sure there's a good reason to split now (which does cut the value of the pie smaller). Nor to buy back shares if no cash flow.  Demand for higher yield by institutional investors in a low/negligible  interest rate environment has an appeal for corporations needing capital to raise debt. Doesn't effect shares as much.

44 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Issuing more shares is generally a way to raise capital but can dilute value to a degree, depending upon demand.  Not sure there's a good reason to split now (which does cut the value of the pie smaller). Nor to buy back shares if no cash flow.  Demand for higher yield by institutional investors in a low/negligible  interest rate environment has an appeal for corporations needing capital to raise debt. Doesn't effect shares as much.

I havent heard any talk of a split. I think you misunderstood something.

Maybe take a peek at insider selling.

Maybe your post is generic ? Idk seems to have nothing to do with ccl stock in particular.

Traders see a cheap stock jumping and pile on and ride it. They know nothing of the cdc iron fist. Nothing to do with fundamentals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I havent heard any talk of a split. I think you misunderstood something.

Maybe take a peek at insider selling.

Maybe your post is generic ? Idk seems to have nothing to do with ccl stock in particular.

Traders see a cheap stock jumping and pile on and ride it. They know nothing of the cdc iron fist. Nothing to do with fundamentals.

Not going to argue with that last statement. 

On 2/16/2021 at 2:34 PM, n6uqqq said:

Issuing more stock raises cash. and usually the buyers are limited to financial institutions. Perhaps they buy to protect their investment. The Saudis bought 43.5 million shares of CCL last year. I think they might buy more.