Further nail into the cruising coffin.

upwarduk

1 minute ago, Ashland said:

No....I just want Celebrity to acknowledge this !

They will but it may be after your final payment.  We have been fortunate that the.  majority of our cruises were cancelled well before final payment.  

11 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Seems a bit unconventional for color coding.   I'm not sure I know of any other situation that it's good to be on the Red list.  Perhaps the next update should put the countries that don't need to quarantine should be on a Green list. 

It's conventional usage but incomplete in the post you quoted. Those not on the red list are asked to stay at home (no cost), whereas coming from countries on the red list have to stay in hotel quarantine which has a cost.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/daily-covid-19-vaccination-doses

With 1.66 Million Americans & 422K UK residents being vaccinated daily, 

Everyone over 65 in our family has already had both shots.  Hopefully, the rest of us soon by April - May.   

I believe cruising will be back very soon....

Guess I live in wrong state.😉

Edited by Oville

9 hours ago, Ashland said:

I'm with you.....X cancel my July 2021 BI already so I can get my NRD ...not interested in any thing else offered at this time with Celebrity.

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

They will but it may be after your final payment.  We have been fortunate that the.  majority of our cruises were cancelled well before final payment.  

This is what bothers me.  X shouldn't be waiting until after final payment to cancel cruises that basically have no chance of operating.  

I'll soon have too many FCCs....  

• Like 3

Getting back to the idea of cruising out of Southampton:

Reading through the entirety of the actual rules, there is THIS paragraph:

"If you’re travelling to England for less than 10 days, you will need to quarantine for the whole of your stay. You must travel directly to your place of quarantine when you arrive in England and directly from your place of quarantine to the port or airport when you leave."

Therefore, in my reading, you probably cannot board a cruise in Southampton that then moves on to Falmouth and Liverpool and Belfast...

HOWEVER, let's say there's a cruise that is scheduled to leave from Southampton and head to Bilbao...and La Coruna...and the Canary Islands...and Cadiz...and Mallorca...and Livorno...and ends in Rome...

Well, anyone from the UK can probably do this, though, perhaps quarantining when they get home...

AND someone from the US or Canada or from other non-Red list countries CAN fly into Heathrow from the US with a test in hand, then get transport of some sort to Southampton...and board the ship WITHOUT quarantining for those 10 days...either heading straight to the ship OR "quarantining" maybe a night at a hotel in Southampton and boarding the ship the next day.

It does NOT require you to quarantine for 10 nights and pay for 10 nights in a hotel sitting by yourself in your room.  You CAN stay for ANY shorter period of time, PROVIDED, you arrive with a negative test AND don't really do much in the UK itself...so, no few days touring around England (as we've usually done pre-cruise) or no spending a few days in London pre-cruise going to plays in the West End or visiting palaces and museums...

But no major problem doing a cruise from there.

2 hours ago, Shadow9612 said:

This is what bothers me.  X shouldn't be waiting until after final payment to cancel cruises that basically have no chance of operating.  

I'll soon have too many FCCs....  

After many years of cruising RCI I was willing to try X for a 2nd time...now not so sure once I can get out of this booking I will if they wait to cancel after final payment. They know this cruise won't sail !

5 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

Everyone over 65 in our family has already had both shots.  Hopefully, the rest of us soon by April - May.   

Oh really? How are the rest of the world vaccinations going? And vacs for the crew? 

There is a little bit more to this than what happens in little old Texas!

So why dont X just step up to the line and tell us whats being cancelled in Europe.

We are on the 14 day, 7 country cruise to the Baltic out of Southampton on 15th May - Ha Ha, no way is this happening but have X told us its cancelled. You must be kidding.

The silence is deafening!

BTW we will have had our 2nd jab by mid May anyway.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

Getting back to the idea of cruising out of Southampton:

Reading through the entirety of the actual rules, there is THIS paragraph:

"If you’re travelling to England for less than 10 days, you will need to quarantine for the whole of your stay. You must travel directly to your place of quarantine when you arrive in England and directly from your place of quarantine to the port or airport when you leave."

Therefore, in my reading, you probably cannot board a cruise in Southampton that then moves on to Falmouth and Liverpool and Belfast...

HOWEVER, let's say there's a cruise that is scheduled to leave from Southampton and head to Bilbao...and La Coruna...and the Canary Islands...and Cadiz...and Mallorca...and Livorno...and ends in Rome...

Well, anyone from the UK can probably do this, though, perhaps quarantining when they get home...

AND someone from the US or Canada or from other non-Red list countries CAN fly into Heathrow from the US with a test in hand, then get transport of some sort to Southampton...and board the ship WITHOUT quarantining for those 10 days...either heading straight to the ship OR "quarantining" maybe a night at a hotel in Southampton and boarding the ship the next day.

It does NOT require you to quarantine for 10 nights and pay for 10 nights in a hotel sitting by yourself in your room.  You CAN stay for ANY shorter period of time, PROVIDED, you arrive with a negative test AND don't really do much in the UK itself...so, no few days touring around England (as we've usually done pre-cruise) or no spending a few days in London pre-cruise going to plays in the West End or visiting palaces and museums...

But no major problem doing a cruise from there.

Totally not true

Coronavirus (COVID-19): cruise ship travel - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

You are very optimistic.  Latest news suggests that by July in the US the vaccine will be available to all who want it.  By Christmas things in general may be getting back to normal.   With so many new strains of covid developing we may need vaccine boosters to protect against these.  I don't feel any optimism about traveling internationally or cruising anywhere in 2021.  

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, BigAl94 said:

But, THAT section says “advice”, not “requirement”...The paragraph I quoted is in the regulations when you look up “how to quarantine”.  It clearly allows one to quarantine LESS than the 10 days...as long as you quarantine the entirety of whatever shorter time you are in the UK...

So, it appears that we persons from outside the UK MAY cruise from the UK...and that citizens of the UK still may cruise...just that they are “advised” against it...and might, possibly, require a test, may end up with a fine and will need to quarantine upon return...so, it would be of benefit for a UK citizen to be on a cruise that does not end back in the UK, rather one that ends elsewhere so they might be tested three days before flying home...

”Advice” does not mean prohibition...

56 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

But, THAT section says “advice”, not “requirement”...The paragraph I quoted is in the regulations when you look up “how to quarantine”.  It clearly allows one to quarantine LESS than the 10 days...as long as you quarantine the entirety of whatever shorter time you are in the UK...

So, it appears that we persons from outside the UK MAY cruise from the UK...and that citizens of the UK still may cruise...just that they are “advised” against it...and might, possibly, require a test, may end up with a fine and will need to quarantine upon return...so, it would be of benefit for a UK citizen to be on a cruise that does not end back in the UK, rather one that ends elsewhere so they might be tested three days before flying home...

”Advice” does not mean prohibition...

The 'Advice' invalidates Travel Insurance policies for UK citizens.

Annie

• Like 5

9 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

We are not anywhere close to this in my state (PA).

• Like 2

14 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Do some people still think cruising will be happening this summer in Europe? Really?

Sadly for me I am in agreement.  We have Silhouette end of August to Norway.  Not cancelled yet but I am sure it will be cancelled.

• Like 1

It seems strange that if people are convinced that their cruise will be canceled, why are you still booked? Just cancel your booking and be done with it.

We have a Europe 21 cruise booked and if it sails then we will likely be on it, if not then we will book something next year.   I feel privileged to be able to take vacations like a cruise and I feel like the cruise lines are doing their best, under the quickly changing circumstances, to adapt. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, TMaine said:

It seems strange that if people are convinced that their cruise will be canceled, why are you still booked? Just cancel your booking and be done with it.

We have a Europe 21 cruise booked and if it sails then we will likely be on it, if not then we will book something next year.   I feel privileged to be able to take vacations like a cruise and I feel like the cruise lines are doing their best, under the quickly changing circumstances, to adapt. 

Money lost??

Annie

• Like 1