Vaccine Requirement News

42 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I also listened to a supposed expert (infectious disease Dr.) on masking who said Double Masking is ever more contagious than single masking.  He pointed out that in studies he's read, 2 masks causes "Blowout" in which your breath cannot get out of the mask at all except at the sides top and bottom, making it in effect, useless.  So he doesn't recommend at all.  That was on Public Radio though.  Makes sense to me.

That makes sense to me also, but some of the fabric masks that some people are wearing is a joke. I’ve seen some where you can almost see thru the weave. 🤦‍♀️

25 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

That makes sense to me also, but some of the fabric masks that some people are wearing is a joke. I’ve seen some where you can almost see thru the weave. 🤦‍♀️

You got it right.  Mask is a joke.  Because there is no way to enforce the proper kinds or the way to wear them correctly.  People let their nose hang out in the vast majority of instances.  That does not work.  So hence, a joke.  But to each his own, if you believe that crap, more power to you.  I have tons, all kinds, I wear because I must, not because I buy the propaganda.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BecciBoo said:

You got it right.  Mask is a joke.  Because there is no way to enforce the proper kinds or the way to wear them correctly.  People let their nose hang out in the vast majority of instances.  That does not work.  So hence, a joke.  But to each his own, if you believe that crap, more power to you.

I do believe masks work if worn correctly and the correct kind. I also see how having to many masks on where it would be so thick that your breath won’t penetrate them, but goes out the side. Same can be said about not believing in the crap about not wearing masks. If you believe in that crap then more power to you also.

Just curious, why do you think doctors, etc have been wearing them for years?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The sub-group of people who had the first shot and had an allergic reaction, causing them to not be allowed to get the second shot, needs to be addressed. The first shot provides 70% immunity, which is roughly the same as Johnson & Johnson, yet you’re considered fully vaccinated with J&J but not if you’ve had the first Moderna or Pfizer. IMO, that group should also be allowed to cruise. V

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I can't remember the last pre-covid time I saw a doctor wear a mask (my wife has had a litany of medical problems so we've seen a lot of doctors and were in and out of hospitals) other than in surgery.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

I've never had a doctor or nurse wear a mask for a doctor's appointment.  Not in several decades, at least not before the pandemic.  Not even if I went there with the flu, telling them I think I have the flu.

A surgeon?  Before surgery while they explained the procedure they weren't masked then either.  

Edited by twangster
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

The sub-group of people who had the first shot and had an allergic reaction, causing them to not be allowed to get the second shot, needs to be addressed. The first shot provides 70% immunity, which is roughly the same as Johnson & Johnson, yet you’re considered fully vaccinated with J&J but not if you’ve had the first Moderna or Pfizer. IMO, that group should also be allowed to cruise. V

Those people survived the first shot, right? Otherwise there would be no discussion about this conundrum.

If it were me who had an allergic reaction to the fist shot, I would have my second shot under the supervision of a medical facility. Have that Epinephrine ready to go! Anaphylaxis is very treatable. So far, there have been no deaths from an anaphylaxis reaction. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, twangster said:

I've never had a doctor or nurse wear a mask for a doctor's appointment.  Not in several decades, at least not before the pandemic.  Not even if I went there with the flu, telling them I think I have the flu.

A surgeon?  Before surgery while they explained the procedure they weren't masked then either.  

I’m a nurse and where I work, in the past before Covid hit, any nurse who refused an annual flu shot had to wear a mask when with a patient. We all got the flu shot. Of course now we wear not only masks, but face shields as well. Even though we’ve all been fully vaccinated. We do it to protect our patients. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I just don’t see them going to 3 masks.  We wear our mask where appropriate but you’re just not going to see us with 2 masks. 😇

Unless the Boss tells you too. 😇

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

UNCruise, a small cruise line operating in Alaska and the Pacific Northwest has announced they will be running fully vaccinated cruises from May-Oct 2021:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24615-uncruise-to-run-fully-vaccinated-alaska-and-pacific-northwest-cruises-in-2021.html

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Our local Costco mandates that if a customer is medically unable to wear a mask, they must wear a face shield in order to enter their store. Makes sense. 

In the UK, Costco will not allow entry to anyone without a mask on (except young children). This includes those with medical reasons for not wearing masks - they are not allowed entry at all.

15 minutes ago, Digjharper said:

In the UK, Costco will not allow entry to anyone without a mask on (except young children). This includes those with medical reasons for not wearing masks - they are not allowed entry at all.

In my area of Florida, many locations have a sign on entry indicating mask required. I haven’t seen this enforced here. Florida as a State doesn’t require mask. However, individual cities and businesses may. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

In my area of Florida, many locations have a sign on entry indicating mask required. I haven’t seen this enforced here. Florida as a State doesn’t require mask. However, individual cities and businesses may. 

Maryland and DC require masks and in the DC area I have never seen anyone in a business for months without a mask. If someone in a store was not wearing a mask they would likely be screamed at by other customers. It would be very unpleasent for any person to try and enter without  a mask. That was what heppened when masks were first required.  Even outdoors most are wearing a mask if they are in visable site of other people.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Maryland and DC require masks and in the DC area I have never seen anyone in a business for months without a mask. If someone in a store was not wearing a mask they would likely be screamed at by other customers. It would be very unpleasent for any person to try and enter without  a mask. That was what heppened when masks were first required.  Even outdoors most are wearing a mask if they are in visable site of other people.. 

We wear ours in places that ask us to (sign on door). Never wear them outdoors. Saw very few masks here during Bikeweek.  We both are vaccinated. I personally think the data is showing that those vaccinated don’t build up the viral load to infect others. I certainly can see DC requiring them but for all the wrong reasons. 

M8

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We wear ours in places that ask us to (sign on door). Never wear them outdoors. Saw very few masks here during Bikeweek.  We both are vaccinated. I personally think the data is showing that those vaccinated don’t build up the viral load to infect others. I certainly can see DC requiring them but for all the wrong reasons. 

M8

What do you consider “all the wrong reasons”. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

What do you consider “all the wrong reasons”. 

It’s tempting but best not discussed here. 

If you’re vaccinated, a mask shouldn’t be necessary. That’s what the current data is showing. 

Florida has been open. Students in school. No mask mandate by our Governor. Our numbers are equal to or better than most lockdown States. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Some businesses in the town close to us have a sign on the door asking for masks.  At the beginning the mayor wanted to mandate masks, that lasted a week until the city council overturned her.  The county never even took the matter up.  None of the stores enforce the matter so some people do and some people don't.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Some businesses in the town close to us have a sign on the door asking for masks.  At the beginning the mayor wanted to mandate masks, that lasted a week until the city council overturned her.  The county never even took the matter up.  None of the stores enforce the matter so some people do and some people don't.  

I was in Publix today. They have a sign that says mask required. I wore my mask. I didn’t see anyone in the store without one. I have several boxes of mask. I have a box in both cars and a box in each of our motorcycles.  So it’s just a habit now to grab one. Since this is a cruise site, if everyone onboard the ship is vaccinated, I see no reason to wear a mask. 

M8

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I was in Publix today. They have a sign that says mask required. I wore my mask. I didn’t see anyone in the store without one. I have several boxes of mask. I have a box in both cars and a box in each of our motorcycles.  So it’s just a habit now to grab one. Since this is a cruise site, if everyone onboard the ship is vaccinated, I see no reason to wear a mask. 

M8

Publix shoppers seem to be more compliant then Winn Dixie shoppers.  Just my observation.  I have my one mask that has lasted since the beginning.  Keep it in my purse or my back pocket.  I see no reason for masking on a completely vaccinated ship either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

I see no reason for masking on a completely vaccinated ship either.

If the entire ship was vaccinated, but supposedly those that can not *yet* be vaccinated only need to have a negative test.  Negative tests are not foolproof by any means.  Plus you know people will counterfeit vaccination cards.  It's going to be interesting, for sure. Unfortunately, it will probably still be months before we can sail out of any US port.  

• Like 1