Can our 13 year daughter go to the bars on the Mardi Gras

Bobster17

We are booked for 2022 and I have just noticed scrolling thru the bars on board that some of them say 21+. Our daughter does not attend the kids clubs and has always enjoyed coming with us for a pre dinner or theatre drink. Is this age restriction after a certain time of night or all day would anyone know? 

2 hours ago, Bobster17 said:

We are booked for 2022 and I have just noticed scrolling thru the bars on board that some of them say 21+. Our daughter does not attend the kids clubs and has always enjoyed coming with us for a pre dinner or theatre drink. Is this age restriction after a certain time of night or all day would anyone know? 

Posters are assuming you mean just accompany you right? Not drink alcohol. 

She can sit and order a coke or something at many bars which are just part of the rest of the deck.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bobster17 said:

Just to circle back:

Any of the bars open pre-dinner or pre-theater are not typically access-controlled, so just like the Red Frog Pub has games for kids of all ages, your daughter could sit at the Alchemy bar and have a non-alcoholic drink (for example).

The clubs restrict access to 21 and over because they are open later, and obviously alcohol flows fairly freely in there, and under-aged kids could easily sneak a few drinks down if allowed in.

• Like 1

In lounges that are open during the day, she won't have any trouble being with you.  That's likely true up through dinner time, but at some point in the evening they start enforcing the 21+ thing.

I've enjoyed sitting at the bar with my daughter since she was little. I get a drink and she gets a virgin daiquiri.  It's fun to people-watch together.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Just to circle back:

Any of the bars open pre-dinner or pre-theater are not typically access-controlled, so just like the Red Frog Pub has games for kids of all ages, your daughter could sit at the Alchemy bar and have a non-alcoholic drink (for example).

The clubs restrict access to 21 and over because they are open later, and obviously alcohol flows fairly freely in there, and under-aged kids could easily sneak a few drinks down if allowed in.

6 hours ago, gtalum said:

In lounges that are open during the day, she won't have any trouble being with you.  That's likely true up through dinner time, but at some point in the evening they start enforcing the 21+ thing.

I've enjoyed sitting at the bar with my daughter since she was little. I get a drink and she gets a virgin daiquiri.  It's fun to people-watch together.

I thought the night club was 18 and over, but they can’t drink. Did this change?

On the Mardi Gras there is supposed to be a Center stage bar in the Atrium, a two deck (6&7) high views off starboard side of ship.  Plenty of seating and activities will be there  Also a Center Stage for music. On Deck 7 there's supposed to be a Grand View bar overlooking the Atrium.  And next to Emerils in the French Quarter there's a slated spot for the Fortune Teller Bar.   I'm doubting any of these will have any age restrictions at night.  

11 hours ago, crzndeb said:

I thought the night club was 18 and over, but they can’t drink. Did this change?

It may be 18+.  I just meant they don't really enforce the ages at any bars that are open until the evening.  

12 hours ago, crzndeb said:

No, since 1987 when we started cruising Carnival we were carded at the dance clubs for 21. We were turned away the first cruise. 😉 The dance clubs are still 21 and up and the security at the door "a.k.a bouncers" still card. BUT the daytime bars like those on Lido allow all ages at the tables as does the indoor Red Frog bar with its game tables but no sitting at the actual bar for those under 21.  We sailed in early 2020 and this was still the way Carnival was doing things. 

When we last cruise with our daughter she was three. We took her pretty much everywhere with us on the ship and would often hang out with her in the Red Frog Pub in the evenings or one of the other lounges. It was never an issue. She loved to listen and dance to the live music. We got her "kiddie cocktails" with little umbrellas in them and she loved that! We wouldn't have taken her in the dance club even if it was allowed. But the other bar/lounge venues were fine! And she couldn't go into the "R' rate comedy show. She was completely dead asleep in her stroller so i was hoping we could just roll her in and let her sleep while we watched the show, but they wouldn't allow that. So i ran her up to the kids club and they watched her while she slept so we could take in the show! lol 

• Like 1

Thank you everyone. 

We wont be going to nightclubs, it was just the alchemy bar and the fortune teller and a few of the others I was concerned about as they look pretty cool. Do these bars offer drink deals such as happy hour throughout the cruise? We aren't going to do the drink package. We are new to Carnival and I assume there will be a lot going on during the At Seas Days to keep us busy. Any tips or suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

• Like 1

The Alchemy bar is amazing and if your daughter is like my kids she will really enjoy some exotic concoctions without any alcohol.   Alchemy didn't do any drink specials that I saw or noticed on Horizon.