U.S, Port Sailings with U.S. Citizens Only

1 minute ago, kjacruiser said:

anyone else feel this is what Royal should do as they are doing in Israel and England with a total Vaccinated crew and clients...

The United States has had one of the sorriest records in regard to COVID. No need for a provision like this.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, yogimax said:

The United States has had one of the sorriest records in regard to COVID. No need for a provision like this.

123 million have been vaccinated the most in the world.  As a percentage just behind the UK and Israel.  So why not sail with vaccinated people. 

Right now the only other citizens allowed into the US are Canadians, so why not have vaccinated US citizens and  Canadians

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, M&A said:

123 million have been vaccinated the most in the world.  As a percentage just behind the UK and Israel.  So why not sail with vaccinated people. 

Right now the only other citizens allowed into the US are Canadians, so why not have vaccinated US citizens and  Canadians

You're mischaracterizing the number of people vaccinated so far in the United States. Doses don't sail. People do. 🙂

image.thumb.png.b5a056e7b70dd61e9a3b2204709dd748.png

• Like 6

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

One of the top testing rates in the world. One of the top vaccination rates in the world. Sorry, not sorry.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kjacruiser said:

anyone else feel this is what Royal should do as they are doing in Israel and England with a total Vaccinated crew and clients...

They could just say vaccinated only and achieve what you want. What would be the pt? If a vaccinated canadian wanted to jump onboard I dont see the harm.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

One of the top testing rates in the world. One of the top vaccination rates in the world. Sorry, not sorry.

Actually we, are 8th in cases per million, but only 22 for tests per million, and 13 for deaths per million. So, we are low for testing yest high for cases and deaths.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kjacruiser said:

No as it would not work the same.  In those countries, there is one set of rules for everyone.  Here you have each state making their own rules and we all have to deal with the fallout from the idiots leading some states and removing all restrictions so there is no consistency in protocols in the US as there is in other countries.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

They could just say vaccinated only and achieve what you want. What would be the pt? If a vaccinated canadian wanted to jump onboard I dont see the harm.

Agree -- there are also legal residents here that are not US citizens who should be allowed as well.  Nationality is not important to me -- vaccinations yes. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, M&A said:

....Right now the only other citizens allowed into the US are Canadians, so why not have vaccinated US citizens and  Canadians

Wrong.

33 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Really??

I don’t think that’s correct. 

You are correct. Hubby has been flying non-US passengers into the US.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

Actually we, are 8th in cases per million, but only 22 for tests per million, and 13 for deaths per million. So, we are low for testing yest high for cases and deaths.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

And every single country that has a higher testing rate than the USA is less than 10 million people except for the UK.  It's a lot easier to have a high testing rate when your population is centrally located in a small land mass.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Guest BigRoger

Why would RC restrict cruises to solely Us citizens unless obliged to do so?

Makes no sense other than a childish attitude of m.... ‘we want our own cruises like Israel because we can’t go on theirs....’ - much better business logic to say anyone who is vaccinated, willing to mask up and get tested if needs be can cruise just like in the Bahamas.... 

Guess at end of the day it won’t be RCs choice... if it is they will want the biggest market possible....

8 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

Why would RC restrict cruises to solely Us citizens unless obliged to do so?

Makes no sense other than a childish attitude of m.... ‘we want our own cruises like Israel because we can’t go on theirs....’ - much better business logic to say anyone who is vaccinated, willing to mask up and get tested if needs be can cruise just like in the Bahamas.... 

Guess at end of the day it won’t be RCs choice... if it is they will want the biggest market possible....

My guess they are thinking about US citizens only to maybe appease the CDC, but I could be wrong. 

• Like 1

Guest BigRoger

You may well be right.... I suspect the key appeasement is going to be fully vaccinated crew and passengers over 16 layered on top of all the other protocols the cruise line have already volunteered up via the healthy sail panel....

Guest BigRoger
8 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

There is no appeasing the CDC. 🤣

LOL you made me think of the brilliant 1970s sketches by Monty Python the punchline of which was ‘aha....nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition....’.....

new cruising version...’aha... nobody appeases the US CDC....’

(there are striking similarities of both organisations...)

24 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

You may well be right.... I suspect the key appeasement is going to be fully vaccinated crew and passengers over 16 layered on top of all the other protocols the cruise line have already volunteered up via the healthy sail panel....

22 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

There is no appeasing the CDC. 🤣

I agree.

1 hour ago, drew69 said:

No as it would not work the same.  In those countries, there is one set of rules for everyone.  Here you have each state making their own rules and we all have to deal with the fallout from the idiots leading some states and removing all restrictions so there is no consistency in protocols in the US as there is in other countries.

It is complicated and I am not sure what approach should be.

We in MA are going into 4.1 phase now.. even though our numbers aren't great (maybe number of tests helps). Our state is pretty much "law abiding". Several times I went to Boston, I saw maybe 1-2 people without masks. We had businesses closed, most schools are online or on hybrid.

I am watching Russia (I am originally from Ukraine/USSR). They hardly vaccinate own people even though they advertise and sell their Sputnik V vaccine to everyone willing to pay. They hardly had any lockdowns (1-2 weeks last spring). They abandoned every Covid measure about 2 months ago. Actually even when they had measures in place they were ... not real. For example people inside the stores where forced to wear masks... but only when they had to use cashier. Anyway since January hardly anyone wears masks. Guess what?! They do not have any explosion of epidemic....

I use all precautions, but I also start having lots of doubts.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, M&A said:

Not true at all.  It was a total myth that the former president closed the borders.  It was Canada and Mexico land borders only.  Flight with foreign internationals have continually landed in the US through out the past year and continue to do so.

• Like 1