So... Are we talking midnight? 3am, 8am EST?

Anyone have any idea about getting a negative covid test to return back to the US? I didn't see that in any of the faqs, but I would assume royal has something in place since everyone getting off the ship would be in the same situation needing one to fly back? 

Woah, they must be selling like hot cakes. I just went back to price out the same sailing that I had priced out an hour ago, and they are already $150pp more than they were. The price difference on some sailings are even bigger than the one I was looking at.😱

15 minutes ago, Tapi said:

Woah, they must be selling like hot cakes. I just went back to price out the same sailing that I had priced out an hour ago, and they are already $150pp more than they were. The price difference on some sailings are even bigger than the one I was looking at.😱

right! I booked and went back to see for a friend...went up $100pp in 5 mins.

Edited by Akina13
clarified pp

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Wondering if these cruises mean that there will be no cruising out of the US this summer?  I know I could cancel the cruise under CWC but I would not be very happy booking a cruise that I had to fly to Nassau to take only to find out 2 months from now that I could have driven an hour and taken one out of PC

I would take it that rcl doesnt believe anything out of the us will sail before the cso expires on nov 1st. 

That's my take, so they are going around the cdc.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

Can't figure out a way to pay the deposit with my FCC. Is that not allowed? 

I think you may have to call - that happened to me. I ended up paying the deposit on my credit card and then called to apply the FCC to my booking.

Also found out the FCC they sent me was wrong...but that's another story

2 hours ago, nancy2vues said:

That's what I was thinking.  Soooo, if you fly in a day early and have to check out of your hotel by noon, how soon can you drop off your luggage at the port, I wonder.  Maybe you just have the desk hold your luggage and hang around at the hotel.

But I think that's the point.  Leave late to allow same-day fly-in, then you don't have to stay at a hotel the night before.  Less exposure overall that way too.

1 hour ago, Akina13 said:

I have never flown in the day of, but with such a late departure I am considering it...what's everyone else doing?

I'm flying in day of w/ Air2Sea...normally I'd never do this but given the price of hotels in Nassau and the time away from home I'm risking it.

• Like 1

Just now, edspec said:

I'm flying in day of w/ Air2Sea...normally I'd never do this but given the price of hotels in Nassau and the time away from home I'm risking it.

I have never done air2sea - might have to price it out. Do you have to call RCL for prices?

Just spoke with RCCL. I have the Allure booked for 6/13 with a combo of FFC and $$, and was hoping to transfer the booking over to the Adventure for sometime in June, but was told my Allure cruise hasn’t been canceled yet (I guess I thought it had been, or would be shortly).  So, until it is, I can’t transfer any FFC to the Adventure and I’m not sure I want to pay full price in dollars for the new cruise, since flights and pre-cruise stay will be higher.  So, I guess I’ll wait and see . . . maybe another land vacation is in store this summer, but I really do miss cruising. 

7 minutes ago, patcacmt said:

Just spoke with RCCL. I have the Allure booked for 6/13 with a combo of FFC and $$, and was hoping to transfer the booking over to the Adventure for sometime in June, but was told my Allure cruise hasn’t been canceled yet (I guess I thought it had been, or would be shortly).  So, until it is, I can’t transfer any FFC to the Adventure and I’m not sure I want to pay full price in dollars for the new cruise, since flights and pre-cruise stay will be higher.  So, I guess I’ll wait and see . . . maybe another land vacation is in store this summer, but I really do miss cruising. 

That doesnt sound right that you cant transfer with cwc. I'd call back and recheck.

So after speaking with royal, you have to apply for a health visa with the Bahamas to enter Nassau. After the cruise, she claims you have to get tested after the cruise in Nassau so you can board your flight back to the US. That sounds like a nightmare since that'll apply to all cruise passengers. The rcl blog says royal will test on the ship so you can fly but the csr said no. 

1 minute ago, colesc15 said:

So after speaking with royal, you have to apply for a health visa with the Bahamas to enter Nassau. After the cruise, she claims you have to get tested after the cruise in Nassau so you can board your flight back to the US. That sounds like a nightmare since that'll apply to all cruise passengers. The rcl blog says royal will test on the ship so you can fly but the csr said no. 

Just saw this on the RoyalCruise Blog (twitter): https://twitter.com/theRCLblog/status/1374764901839822852?s=20Confirmed: Royal Caribbean will offer complimentary Covid-19 test onboard at end of #AdventureoftheSeas cruises for Americans to fly home

Edited by HBCcruiser