CDC Conditional Sail Order Extended to Nov 1

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I remember you now. Your the college professor. Got it. Too bad you don’t have a strong Union. 😇

Have you been vaccinated yet?  Hope so. 

I’ll give you a get out of jail free card and come down to the free State of Florida. 😂

M8

Yes I’ve been vaccinated and no thanks, I lived in Florida for 12 years it was enough rather be in live free or die New Hampshire.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Yes I’ve been vaccinated and no thanks, I lived in Florida for 12 years it was enough rather be in live free or die New Hampshire.

You just seem to have issues with our great Governor and the State of Florida. 

Are you doing in person teaching?  I seem to remember this was a issue. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I remember you now. Your the college professor. Got it. Too bad you don’t have a strong Union. 😇

Have you been vaccinated yet?  Hope so. 

I’ll give you a get out of jail free card and come down to the free State of Florida. 😂

M8

Or the Republic of Texas.  We don't have Florida Man. 😆

• Like 1

Im a Minnesota transplant to Texas. Best state i have ever lived in. We are now going to be vaccinating everyone over 18 starting Monday. I wish Gov Abbott would give CDC a dressing down and open up Port of Galveston. A lot of people are vaccinated and ready to sail, i know i am..

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You just seem to have issues with our great Governor and the State of Florida. 

Are you doing in person teaching?  I seem to remember this was a issue. 

M8

Yeah I remember DeSantis gloating just before the number of cases rocketed to over 10,000 a day. But whatever, as long as you’re happy I don’t really care. I got out a long time ago, had enough hurricanes and wildfires and crime and traffic. In person teaching is working because everyone is following the protocols but the undergrad campus had to lock down after winter break because some students seemed to have let down their guard when they returned.

Edited by Pratique

4 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Yeah I remember DeSantis gloating just before the number of cases rocketed to over 10,000 a day. But whatever, as long as you’re happy I don’t really care. I got out a long time ago, had enough hurricanes and wildfires and crime and traffic. In person teaching is working because everyone is following the protocols but the undergrad campus had to lock down after winter break because some students seemed to have let down their guard when they returned.

So you are in person teaching?

2 hours ago, Pratique said:

When I lived in New England I went hiking in your White Mountains - all the cars had your state motto license plates “Live Free Or Die”.  We got a kick out of that especially since your neighbor to the West, Vermont, is very politically opposite. 

Some states locked down hard.  Other states really didn't do much of anything. Yet, the states that locked down hard fared no better with covid than the states that didn't do anything. But the states that didn't do anything didn't have nearly the negative economic impact.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The BIG COVID number is hospitalizations. That number has seemed to dropped over the last couple of months in the USA. It is true that a few hot spots may occur. The local authorities will have to address those situations.

Overall, hospitalizations and deaths are down. More vaccine is now available. By the end of May there will be enough vaccine supplies to jab every adult in the USA. The only problem will be the hold outs that will not take the vaccine. I don't want to lectured about mask wearing and distancing when these problematic folks are running around wanting everyone to wear a mask and stay home. Get vaccinated or stay home  you boob. I am not bowing to your irresponsible actions.

As far as the CDC, they do not seem to care about the vaccinated folks. They will continue this attitude...guarding the unvaccinated even if they will not take the vaccine...until the cows come home. We won't cruise until there is positive proof that EVERYONE is vaccinated...which is never in their view.

• Like 1

Even the hospitalization number you have to be careful with since that includes people who came to the hospital for some other reason (say, gall bladder surgery) and test positive during routine blood testing. Also this includes people who go to the ER for a covid test, even if they test negative.

3 hours ago, sugcarol said:

Im a Minnesota transplant to Texas. Best state i have ever lived in. We are now going to be vaccinating everyone over 18 starting Monday. I wish Gov Abbott would give CDC a dressing down and open up Port of Galveston. A lot of people are vaccinated and ready to sail, i know i am..

Anyone over 16

2 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

When I lived in New England I went hiking in your White Mountains - all the cars had your state motto license plates “Live Free Or Die”.  We got a kick out of that especially since your neighbor to the West, Vermont, is very politically opposite. 

New Hampshire is starting to head the way of Vermont also...Live Free or Die is (imo) no longer a valid state motto 

5 hours ago, sugcarol said:

It doesn’t do him any good to open the port if he legally can, because nobody would use it unless owed and backed by the government. (CDC for one)

5 hours ago, sugcarol said:

Is the Port of Galveston actually closed?

19 hours ago, Empehi said:

IMHO the CDC's main objective at this point is to bring the cruise lines to their knees to get them to flag their ships in the US. It galls the  Federal Government that the three largest cruise companies have their headquarters in the  US but are able to avoid many US rules, regulations and taxes.

With the vaccines rollout, it is pretty obvious that the vaccines along with the protocols that have been working in Singapore and Europe should be sufficient to begin sailing. Instead nothing from the CDC.

So therefore, we have to look for,  another motive from the CDC, other than the health of the cruisers, for their stonewalling.

I worked for the USG for 30 years, mostly for the Army and Navy.  Civilian Agencies have reputations for incredible bureaucracy.  Not saying they are bad, but government tends to foster bureaucrats protecting their power.  I doubt if there is an effort to force put them financially on their knees so they flag their ships in the USA.  People working for the government get paid no matter how bad the economy becomes.  Many bureaucrats have never run a business.

Celebrity and Royal opening up cruising out of foreign ports may be the immediate future, unless some one in government, opens up cruising out of US ports.   It is still probably too early now, but by early June the USA will likely have another 150 doses administered.

We cancelled our cruise from the USA to the Bahamas and Florida in August.  The CDC will probably cancel all cruises anyway from the USA.  Weird that Royal is still selling on their website when I have read no sail order until November 2021.  

Hopefully, enough people will be vaccinated by our planned January cruises.  But people are so weird as many aren't even respecting wear a mask and keep socially distant-  we have to all be responsible people and respect science.

Edited by Cruise a holic

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

We cancelled our cruise from the USA to the Bahamas and Florida in August.  The CDC will probably cancel all cruises anyway from the USA.  Weird that Royal is still selling on their website when I have read no sail order until November 2021.  

Hopefully, enough people will be vaccinated by our planned January cruises.  But people are so weird as many aren't even respecting wear a mask and keep socially distant-  we have to all be responsible people and respect science.

To Which science do you refer?  The main stream media's version or the real science.

Edited by BecciBoo

13 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Not yet, but a ton of new voters over the border daily makes me want to move to the live free state of florida. 

We don't get people walking in like Texas - we get them floating in, using every kind of floating device imaginable.  Not going to escape that here - well maybe since you'll be North of So Flo you'll have much less of that.  Have you moved in yet?