Mariner of the Seas

Hi

We were on Mariner fall 2019 and thought it was great.

We were pleasantly surprised by the food in the main dining room

The ice show was so good we saw it twice

The water slides were a lot of fun

I wrote a review with pictures which is linked in my signature if you want to take a look and read some more detail on what we thought

If you have any questions just ask, I miss talking about my cruises

Noreen

Edited by Noreen411
  • Like 1

The Mariner is one of my favorite RC ships, actually. I've sailed twice before the refurb and once afterwards.  

It doesn't have as many dining choices as the Oasis or Quantum classes, but there are still plenty of good options. They added a Dog House poolside in the refurbishment, which was a fun place for a quick bite, along with the usual Promenade Café, Windjammer, Chops/Jamie's and main dining room.

It's hard to comment on entertainment without knowing what your tastes are, but I'd definitely say there's something for just about everyone. Lots of different musicians, comedians, the ice show, game shows, trivia and a production show. For a 50th reunion I'm not sure how many people would be interested in the Sky Pad, but it's a great option for the more adventuresome types.  And the addition of the water slides was fun too. 

I would book the Mariner again in a heartbeat!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Horseman0424 said:

Has anyone sailed on this ship since it was refurbished and if so can you tell me what you think of this ship as far as food and entertainment..  I have booked a 50th high school reunion for April 2022.. thanks in advance..

We sailed on Mariner April of 2019.  It is an absolutely great ship.  I really like the Voyageur class ship and Mariner is a great example of it.  My favorite entertainment on board is the figure skating (don't tell my old Rugby buddies about that).

There is a nice selection of specialty dining available if that is something that interests you.  My favorite is the Izumi Hibachi and Playmakers for a late lunch on sea days.

I'm booked on Mariner for October 2022 and super excited to get back on her.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 2

My wife and I had been on the Mariner 3 times prior to the referb and she sailed it just after the reno was done.  She told me it was just as amazing but the add-on's were a bonus and were very refreshing.  She had no negatives about her cruise. Trust me, that's high praise since her favorite ship is Allure.

• Like 1

We sailed on Mariner out of Port Canaveral Feb 24-28, 2020.  Ship is very clean and bright.  Easy to find your way around the ship.  Promenade is great with a nice sports bar - can't recall the name though.  The Ice show is great and the theater is nice and big - entertainers were great.   We only ate in MDR on the 1st night and food was great.  We ate in the Windjammer other nights and the food selection there was very good.   The upper pool deck is really nice with huge covered loungers. We were able to find a nice quiet spot to spend our sea day.  The cruise we were on was a Green Bay Packer fan cruise ( we were not aware of that at the time of booking).  The ship seemed big enough to handle that large group and not impact the other travelers.  Other than the 1st day we really didn't see them.  The pool bar seems very popular.  We enjoyed the ship a great deal we had sailed Liberty of the Seas a few years ago and this ship was quite similar in layout - same class ship.  We had no trouble finding places to go and things to do on ship.   I think your group will enjoy her.  The crew is great as well!

• Like 1

Mariner is DH's favorite ship (and DD's for the Sky Pad).  It's not too big, not too small, just right.

It's actually the ship that got him back to loving cruising (For me, I never got off and its always been my favorite travel mode).  It's easy to get around, great facilities and staff with good entertainment and activities.  For entertainment, you don't have the Broadway shows or the "oh wow" shows that you have on Oasis class, but they have a pretty good ice show and production show.  Then you have the usual headliner which varies from cruise to cruise.

My favorite is still Oasis class, but not everyone loves the huge ships and it's a perfect middle ground.

Edited by LuCruise
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

Thank everyone so much for the feed back.  We have 25 cabins booked so far and I am sure we will have a great time.  I have also asked a friend of mine who is a Country Music Star to sail with us and she is going to give our group a private concert and sail with us for the week.  Many things we are going to surprise our guest with and I appreciate all you help and comments..

Also we are all going to meet the night before to eat at a local resturant...any suggestions there in Port Canaveral??

• Like 2

We have sailed on Mariner twice and thoroughly enjoyed both of the trips.  One was 3 day Bahamas; the other was the same trip but one day longer.  The ship seems to be just the right size for us--not huge, but not tiny.  We always found plenty to do and also enjoyed our cabins.  

The food options are good and entertainment was fine, but has been curtailed due to Covid.  Our first trip had more of it overall; that was just before the thing caught hold of the world.

Hope you have a great time!

On 3/27/2021 at 1:12 PM, Horseman0424 said:

Has anyone sailed on this ship since it was refurbished and if so can you tell me what you think of this ship as far as food and entertainment..  I have booked a 50th high school reunion for April 2022.. thanks in advance..

By any chance are you sailing April 19th or 23rd?  If so there are roll calls on here as well as FB for those dates.  
have a fun reunion! 

On 3/27/2021 at 1:12 PM, Horseman0424 said:

I wish I’d gone to high school with you! Sad to say, after hearing the relative lack of plans for my 50th, I decided not to go and have not regretted my decision. Now, if it was held on Mariner I would have definitely been there! 

• Like 1

Just got off of Mariner yesterday.  Loved it.  Great staff-so helpful and friendly.  Food was good and plentiful.  Only thing I didn't like was our cabin (a Junior Suite) had only one electrical outlet so I'm glad we had brought a multi charger to charge our IPhones and IPads.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LEMJMcC said:

Looking forward to our Christmas cruise on Mariner...never been on this ship, but I understand it's similar to Freedom?

Technically it’s a voyager class ship. But it has most of the freedom class enhancements.   It does not have the kids splash area. 

• 1 month later...

My sister and I were on the mariner in September 2021. We had a great time. Staff was attentive and friendly, we thought the food was excellent and have no complaints at all. Looking forward to another cruise on the mariner. 

• Like 1