Looks like all June sailings are cancelled

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I keep waiting for them to jerk the TFSA program out from under us.  Just like they are likely to do with the capital gain exemption for principal residence.   When they do my money will flee.

There’s certainly a precedent of sorts.... I had a RHOSP back in the 70s and early 80s and they stopped that.  Big difference with TFSA is the contribution $$ is already tax-paid.

42 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I assumed $4000 for a cruise and 1.5% interest, which is wildly high unless you are in a 5 or 7 year CD.  For a bank savings account expect .05% so 16¢ is what I should have asked about.  

Sorry, always Cruise SOLO, Balcony or Suite on 10+ niters averaging usually $1500-2000 a Cruise. Interesting as always kept $1500-2000 in my Savings and in my Checking accts. Just weird thing, been traveling since 1982. At most spending 10-11 months at a place while attending Army Schools on a Post, did this 3 times. Even last 8yrs living in Michigan and Arizona, caring for Parents and Grand Daughters always Kidding I'm Homeless staying at their Homes. Have 2 of everything in MI and AZ Flying between them 8-12 times a year also doing 40+ nites year Cruising. Always been on the road and have been for 39yrs now, owning a House once but was out of town averaging 10+ months yr,... Back to Interest. Do miss Days in 80's when could get 8% in long term savings, those days long gone. But made killing multiple times in my TSP/401K. Once even made 40% in 3 months

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, harkinmr said:

This is the complaint that was filed.  They brought the action under the APA (Administrative Procedures Act) claiming that the CSO was an abuse of authority.  The state is arguing economic damage and asking the court to declare the CSO is unlawful and should be terminated.  Alternative relief sought is that sailings be allowed under "reasonable safety protocols".  I do not think that a court will declare the CSO unlawful outright.  Great discretion is generally given to government agencies.  IF the court were to order that the cruise lines be permitted to sail under "reasonable safety protocols", they would likely order both the CDC and the cruise lines to negotiate how best to set out the parameters.  Unfortunately, unless immediate injunctive relief is given it's very likely that it would take longer to resolve in court than it might if the cruise lines just worked with the CDC on the phased approach.  Wouldn't that be a kick in the head?

1202000920_FLORIDALAWSUIT.pdf 421.47 kB · 2 downloads

This is exactly what I’ve been thinking. It will take longer and do more damage in court then continuing to work on a phased approach this fall.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, drewdrewcruiser said:

If you opt to take the 125% OBC for Cruise Planner purchases, if you cancel your cruise, will they refund your $, less the 25% or does that OBC get relinquished?

Once you take the 125% OBC for cruise planner purchases they become non refundable. 

5 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Sorry, always Cruise SOLO, Balcony or Suite on 10+ niters averaging usually $1500-2000 a Cruise. Interesting as always kept $1500-2000 in my Savings and in my Checking accts. Just weird thing, been traveling since 1982. At most spending 10-11 months at a place while attending Army Schools on a Post, did this 3 times. Even last 8yrs living in Michigan and Arizona, caring for Parents and Grand Daughters always Kidding I'm Homeless staying at their Homes. Have 2 of everything in MI and AZ Flying between them 8-12 times a year also doing 40+ nites year Cruising. Always been on the road and have been for 39yrs now, owning a House once but was out of town averaging 10+ months yr,... Back to Interest. Do miss Days in 80's when could get 8% in long term savings, those days long gone. But made killing multiple times in my TSP/401K. Once even made 40% in 3 months

Your life sounds wonderful, I aspire to your level of freedom to travel!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Missusdubbya said:

Your life sounds wonderful, I aspire to your level of freedom to travel!

Thank you! Missed lot of time with my Kids when they were young. My oldest from ages 2-4 only saw her 3 months. In 2003 became a Single Father raising my 3 kids, they came with me everywhere I went and were really good travelers. All now are in AZ where been staying with my Oldest as she starts on her Doctorate. Enjoying time with 4 Grand Daughters, one I live with. I'm oldest of 10 Siblings, have 34 Nephews/Nieces all in Michigan along with my Parents. Was recovering from Injuries received while in ARMY spending 2 years at Phoenix VA(Veterans Affairs) Hospital, how we ended up there, well that and the Weather!

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Good of guess of any since we got no where in the last 13 months.............

True.  If you were to look at the list of our cancelled cruises you'd see I haven't been too good at gauging how long this shutdown would last. 

Edited by mianmike

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Take one cruise under those circumstances and see if you still have that opinion.

I've been living it for a year, what are you talking about!  You don't know me from Adam .  For your information, I would go tomorrow without any hesitation at all....please do not speak for others, too much of that going on here...I'm sick of it.,

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

I've been living it for a year, what are you talking about!  You don't know me from Adam .  For your information, I would go tomorrow without any hesitation at all....please do not speak for others, too much of that going on here...I'm sick of it.,

Well,maybe I do know you but I was not referring to you specifically.I was referring to cruisers in general.

28 minutes ago, RoyalC said:

If that is the case they will NEVER sail from U.S. ports- the cruise lines deciding that is. 

If everything is back to normal in 2023 people will be so anxious to cruise that the cruise lines can make up monetarily what they are losing now.

11 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Well,maybe I do know you but I was not referring to you specifically.I was referring to cruisers in general.

We are booked on Adventure this summer and we are just fine wearing a mask if needed and social distance.

It’s amazing how many people on here post on every thread about cruising isn’t happening or they wouldn’t go on a cruise right now. 

Great, why are you wasting your time and everyone’s else’s time on here? Maybe get off of the forum and find something better to do till you are ready to cruise again....

• Like 12
  • Haha 1