Looks like all June sailings are cancelled

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I went to 2 stores this morning.It was the first time I did so since before the Pandemic.One was Trader Joe’s and everyone social distanced.I also went to a greeting card store and nobody was social distancing .

Don you think that people would social distance on a cruise ship ? I think not.

I think they would standing in lines and the ship would have lounges and tables spread out along with capacity control in each venue but walking around the ship I can't see that happening. It doesn't happen walking around the supermarket and it really didn't even in the beginning of the pandemic. People walked passed each other in the aisles all of the time.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I think they would standing in lines and the ship would have lounges and tables spread out along with capacity control in each venue but walking around the ship I can't see that happening. It doesn't happen walking around the supermarket and it really didn't even in the beginning of the pandemic. People walked passed each other in the aisles all of the time.

They were social distancing in Trader Joe’s .There were markers on the floor .

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

Stop and Shop, Shoprite all have markers and one way arrows. Nobody pays attention anymore including me. I work in a drug store. If I haven't gotten covid by now with all of the exposer from my job, my wife and son who have been quarantined several times due to contact with others who have had it,  I'm certainly not worried about getting it now that I am fully vaccinated.  

2 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Stop and Shop, Shoprite all have markers and one way arrows. Nobody pays attention anymore including me. I work in a drug store. If I haven't gotten covid by now with all of the exposer from my job, my wife and son who have been quarantined several times due to contact with others who have had it,  I'm certainly not worried about getting it now that I am fully vaccinated.  

I assume you wear a mask and gloves while working.

6 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I assume you wear a mask and gloves while working.

Just a mask. I only wear gloves when I want to cut down on hand sanitizer. After a while the sanitizer drys out my hands and my fingers start to crack and bleed. Then I start applying Working hands cream and wear the gloves.

I can honestly say that based on threads I read on here, as well as the way the historic overly drunken cruisers have acted during normal sailings, that once cruises resume, security on the ship is going to be extremely busy. 

Those who may reluctantly agree to wear a mask as mandated to be able to cruise, will all of a sudden be emboldened by the liquor and look to be that guy (or girl) to fight for their rights to not wear a mask. There will be many future disturbances I'm afraid, and it reflects upon the current state of humanity in general. 

I'm looking forward to cruises resuming, we're fully vaccinated, and have no issue with wearing a mask. I also look forward to laughing at the passengers that drunkenly decide they can bend the rules to selfishly meet their own wants, because they "paid $xx,xxx" and they can do whatever they want. I'm hoping they can pay $xx,xxx to fly home from the nearest port. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have been going to stores on a regular basis since this began.  Most people social distanced in the beginning but hardly anywhere anymore.   Some stores still have various markers on floors but no one follows them anywhere I have been.     

The deli is always crowded with everyone right next to each other. 

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have been going to stores on a regular basis since this began.  Most people social distanced in the beginning but hardly anywhere anymore.   Some stores still have various markers on floors but no one follows them anywhere I have been.     

I have only been to stores 4 times since March of last year.I have probably been to 60 medical offices ,several ER’s ,twice to hospitals for surgeries and a few times to sit out on my deck.

11 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have only been to stores 4 times since March of last year.I have probably been to 60 medical offices ,several ER’s ,twice to hospitals for surgeries and a few times to sit out on my deck.

In the last couple of months attitudes have definitely changed in most stores, most people will give you your space but not everyone.  Hopefully because they are vaccinated.

Edited by Sunshine3601

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

In the last couple of months attitudes have definitely changed in most stores, most people will give you your space but not everyone.

It depends .I am visibly disabled ,people gave me space in one of the stores I was in today.In the other store they were ready to knock me down.

It is the same thing on elevators of cruise ships.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

And that's precisely why a return to cruising will be delayed.

23 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Is it time for the " It Looks like all July sailings are cancelled" thread??😇

.... although as they are quite clearly coming back in regions, I wish they would just say what regions are not operating and cancel those cruises so we can plan around the open ports...Athens, Limassol, Haifa, Singapore, Southampton, St Maarten, Nassau and Bermuda.  Any others? 

• Like 2

On 4/8/2021 at 12:53 PM, Merion_Mom said:

Here's the Complaint that was filed.https://ecf.flmd.uscourts.gov/doc1/047122852585

"The Attorney General said the suit was filed Thursday against the Biden administration, HHS, and the CDC, demanding that the court find the no-sail order unlawful."

I would love to read her filing and see under which statutes she claims the no-sail order is unlawful.

Complaint Cruise.pdf

7 hours ago, molly361 said:

That is what I have been watching for on this thread.  Fingers crossed that “July is canceled” is accompanied by information on the next step and when it happens, followed by the next, etc., and includes the date actual cruising can begin.  Please, no more one month at a time!

8 hours ago, molly361 said:

Probably should go ahead and save time and add August and probably September. Too many people not getting vaccinated is going to cause this to continue.....

Edited by CruisingHogFan

50 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Do you work for the CDC?

It’s called common sense...

I’ve tried to stay positive and still have a cruise booked out of the Bahamas in July that I hope gets to go. BUT we know how the current administration/CDC feels about travel/cruises at this time. Until the US reaches mass majority of the population vaccinated things are not going to change. Like it or not they are in control.

Hopefully cruise lines require everyone onboard to be vaccinated like they are doing outside the US. Then maybe we have a chance for US ports to open back up later this summer. Let’s hope this is the case! 

On 4/27/2021 at 10:08 AM, molly361 said:

Once they receive full payment for those July sailings they will cancel. My July sailing FPD for my July 30th cruise is May 1st but I went ahead and moved my NRD from Celebrity to a 2023 itinerary.

Didn't want a FCC with their sail by date as it wouldn't work time wise for me, I'm booked up with RCI for 2022.