Please, just require passengers to be vaccinated so we can get back to sea.

djjoe

3 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Yesterday Fauci said the COVID-19 transmission risk for people engaging in outdoor activities is "minuscule," especially for vaccinated individuals.

Doses that include sunning by the pool on a cruise ship ??

That's all I want. I will wear a mask indoors but not on deck when social distancing.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Yesterday Fauci said the COVID-19 transmission risk for people engaging in outdoor activities is "minuscule," especially for vaccinated individuals.

Doses that include sunning by the pool on a cruise ship ??

Watched a YouTube video recently of MSC Grandiosa who is currently sailing (Europe), and they allow masks to come off if you're sunning poolside. (at the 11:40 mark)

Edited by jules815
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Lawsuits are not negotiation tools, they are blunt instruments. Like using a hammer to open a jar of preserves. I believe this is why no cruise line has sued the government. And even if the lawsuit is helpful in moving the CDC, it still does no good for Alaska because of the PVSA.

Most lawsuits are settled before they even go to trial through mediation / arbitration which is a negotiating process from what I understand. 

4 hours ago, broberts said:

There is a world wide public health emergency at the moment. I'm sure the CDC will get back to you once the emergency is over. In the mean time, if you haven't done so please get a covid vaccination as soon as possible and continue to follow the advice of your local public health authority.

I have been fully vaccinated months ago.  I have said repeatedly I have masked/quarantined/distanced since day one...what is wrong with you people.  That doesn't mean I like it, it does mean that I am law abiding.  Apparently, the epidemic includes others who don't think we should have a voice if it doesn't line up with your politics.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, broberts said:

There was quite a lengthy discussion on this topic not to long ago. The argument against is that more than just a few dozen cruise ships would be affected, at least some of these parties would be opposed to such a change.

I wonder if the businesses in Alaska are opposed?  I think not.

26 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

That's all I want. I will wear a mask indoors but not on deck when social distancing.  

Even I could get on board with that (no pun intended) 

Edit - no, don’t want to wear mask inside.  

Edited by TheMastodon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

Yes and that should apply across the board for all businesses -- the problem here is that just the cruise lines are shut down with everything else open and doing business. 

That's part of the complexity. The authority and regulation that allowed cruises to be halted does not translate one-to-one to (if any?) other industries. The HHS/CDC had equivalent authority over other areas, things would likely look much different than they did. Based on Fain's last video I think the best course of action is to let them work it out as he says they are doing and don't muddy the waters with all of the posturing. 

Edited by Jeremiah1212
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Most lawsuits are settled before they even go to trial through mediation / arbitration which is a negotiating process from what I understand. 

That may be true for personal injury lawsuits.

But here we are talking public policy and public health.

Apples and oranges.

37 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

That's part of the complexity. The authority and regulation that allowed cruises to be halted does not translate one-to-one to (if any?) other industries. The HHS/CDC had equivalent authority over other areas, things would likely look much different than they did. Based on Fain's last video I think the best course of action is to let them work it out as he says they are doing and don't muddy the waters with all of the posturing. 

They are trying very hard to not publicly piss off the CDC.  I would love to be a fly on the wall of their boardroom to hear what they really think of the CDC and the CSO though. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, yogimax said:

That may be true for personal injury lawsuits.

But here we are talking public policy and public health.

Apples and oranges.

It's probably a moot point anyway since the CSO expires in November (unless the CDC extends it) -- the case might not even be heard by then. 

17 minutes ago, Sky616 said:

I could see it happening.  Us people who do not mask are sick of these stupid rules and the people who open their mouths about it.  You laugh it off at first, but after a few times it gets old.  And that like you said is not alcohol involved.  There have been many reports around the country of people getting hurt or killed because they were mask shamed.  My son works at a convenience store while in college, he says he never says anything to the maskless.  It's their business he said, not mine.  I agree.

You know what?  We people who comply with the mask rules are sick of dealing with people like you who don't comply with them and walk around with a look of smugness and disdain on your faces.  The only people who have been hurt or killed are people who have challenged maskless people who have become belligerent or violent.  

Got some really bad news for folks like you.  If there is a mask requirement for cruising, and there likely will be for some time to come, you will not be able to stomp around shouting about your personal freedom and liberty.  Won't be tolerated and you'll find yourself dumped at the next available port.  So I guess you'll be doing something other than cruising for a while.

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

I understand your point of view if we were still in lockdown but If everything else is open (which it is in Florida) then cruising should be allowed as well.  There are many countries that are open for cruising and they haven't been spared of the virus -- they just know how to do it safely.   

Cruising in other parts of the world is rather limited. Besides, I have yet to see any data that confirms cruising does not spread the virus. Until that data is available or vaccinations get us to the point where transmission is not a concern, I suspect the CDC is going to keep insisting on appropriate protocols to minimize spread. Protocols I might add that the cruise lines apparently have no interest in adopting.

9 minutes ago, mugtech said:

Made popular some years ago by Jim Morrison and The Doors. 

There are many people including me who believe that Jim Morrison did not die when he supposedly did.Nobody was allowed to see his body and that included his parents.

3 minutes ago, broberts said:

Cruising in other parts of the world is rather limited.

Operative word being "is," as in "right now." That's about to change in a big way, because over the summer there are going to be a LOT of cruise ships sailing. Next month will see cruising resume in the UK, and MSC is setting up to deploy 10 more ships in the Mediterranean and Northern Europe. Several cruises will be taking place in Greece, the Canary Islands, and more with the likes of NCL, Tui, Aida, and Costa. I'm excited to see this happening.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Without getting into a theological debate none of us knows what happens after death.

With none at all, the key word is when

...you start dying on day one.

Edited by BecciBoo

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

There are many people including me who believe that Jim Morrison did not die when he supposedly did.Nobody was allowed to see his body and that included his parents.

Another fairy tale?  To what end?

6 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

That makes absolutely no sense.

Makes perfect sense to me, you are born and your journey toward death starts with your first breath, for some it takes a few seconds for others many years.

Don't tell me you've never heard that quote before!  It's attributed to Zarathustra

Edited by BecciBoo

11 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

You know what?  We people who comply with the mask rules are sick of dealing with people like you who don't comply with them and walk around with a look of smugness and disdain on your faces.  The only people who have been hurt or killed are people who have challenged maskless people who have become belligerent or violent.  

Got some really bad news for folks like you.  If there is a mask requirement for cruising, and there likely will be for some time to come, you will not be able to stomp around shouting about your personal freedom and liberty.  Won't be tolerated and you'll find yourself dumped at the next available port.  So I guess you'll be doing something other than cruising for a while.

Best post on this thread.Congratulations If there was a Best Post Award on the internet you would get my nomination.😀

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, broberts said:

Cruising in other parts of the world is rather limited. Besides, I have yet to see any data that confirms cruising does not spread the virus. Until that data is available or vaccinations get us to the point where transmission is not a concern, I suspect the CDC is going to keep insisting on appropriate protocols to minimize spread. Protocols I might add that the cruise lines apparently have no interest in adopting.

If the ship is fully vaccinated as NCL plans on doing, I don't see the danger.  I would rather cruise on a fully vaccinated ship than take a flight with people seated inches away from me that are not vaccinated or not following protocol. 

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have a Doctorate in Theology.I do not subscribe to your theory.

Oh, that explains it.  And it's not a theory, just a fact of life.  BTW, I am a born again Christian.

Edited by BecciBoo

4 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Oh, that explains it.  And it's not a theory, just a fact of life.  BTW, I am a born again Christian.

4 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

No,not a fact of life,merely a theory in my opinion .Obviously you have a different opinion .