Jump to content

Medallion App Updated and Working Now


HBCcruiser
 Share

Recommended Posts

We uploaded DH’s vaccination card two days ago, but my card is in the safe deposit box with my passport, so I haven’t uploaded it yet. My health status showed blue.  Today, without loading anything, it shows green (complete) and then I get the white screen of death. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

We uploaded DH’s vaccination card two days ago, but my card is in the safe deposit box with my passport, so I haven’t uploaded it yet. My health status showed blue.  Today, without loading anything, it shows green (complete) and then I get the white screen of death. 

I had Blue Lane this morning after being Green.  Later on, it was all back fine the way it was yesterday. 

 

The Health Status doesn't have the vaccine upload anymore.  Save the trip to the bank.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had green lane yesterday, blue this morning, then all data lost, and now back to green. I have never seen an option to upload the vaccine card or to add emergency airport return. I'm just going to ignore the app for now. Clearly the app issues are not resolved. The app is not stable. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, erber said:

I had green lane yesterday, blue this morning, then all data lost, and now back to green.

 

To determine if the app still has your data, check the phase of the moon and if Mars is in retrograde with Venus.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Medallion app is all well and good, albeit slow as molasses, but it will not save any edits that I try to make. I have tried countless times, but save is always grayed out. Sure would be nice to make my information correct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, caribill said:

 

Hopefully you are correct and there will be actual Princess reps (not contracted check-in personnel) who are extremely well trained in how to make this app actually work.

 

Unknown is whether these reps will have to use the app to enter in the needed information or if they will have an alternative non-app method to do so.

 

If the reps will be using the app, will it be on the customers' devices or on a device the rep has?

 

Some very tech-savvy people have posted on this thread that they have been unable to get the app to work on their own devices. Good luck to the Princess reps at check-in.

I bet the Princess reps at the port will be using iPads and they will input any information that is missing; then they can hand out the medallion to the passengers/s.  Last time I was on a medallion cruise the security team all had ipads and were taking security photos for those who showed up with no profile or security photo.  The first few cruises to Alaska will iron out a few things making it better for those who sail in Aug/Sept

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Exactly - I would predict that 80% of passengers are unaware of Medallion App and would not pursue it if they did now.

there will be quite a few people showing up with no info at all, partial info in their app, or the wrong info. Princess reps at the port will get them squared away and medallion ready

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How long does it take for a new booking to be recognized by the app?  I rebooked an existing cruise on Friday to get a price drop so now I have a new booking number. The previous booking number was linked to the app (it is no longer since it’s canceled) but the app says the new booking number does not match their information.  Does it take a few days? I’ve triple checked to make sure the number I’m entering is correct. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I can’t add all the  details to the app, and I have tried, am I still checked in. I am assuming I should add passport details somewhere but when I try to add info I get a white page.   Having never sailed Princess before I am worried that we turn up and they day we are not checked in.  I have completed some details and selected a boarding time and am told I am in the blue lane. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a the Green screen on my app. It says Arrival status, Now Processing and every once and awhile it'll flash "Loading" and the arrival group will go from"A" to "loading", I wonder what's up with that. It says to proceed to the the Green lane.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Princess must turn in to the TSA a full list of passengers including passport info a few hours before sailing.

 

This list may have to be turned in before those with the latest assigned arrival times check-in. This could affect if they will be allowed to board if they had been unable to input the required TSA information with the app.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, caribill said:

Princess must turn in to the TSA a full list of passengers including passport info a few hours before sailing.

 

This list may have to be turned in before those with the latest assigned arrival times check-in. This could affect if they will be allowed to board if they had been unable to input the required TSA information with the app.

Oh boy, wouldn't that be the proverbial sticky wicket.  Perhaps they would just delay the departure.  I cannot recall the time, but I don't think it is a lot of hours hours.  The must have scheduled the arrival groups to account for that.  As the ships take on more people and Covid measures relax, I expect we will see earlier arrival times and/or they increase the numbers for each arrival group.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/18/2021 at 9:54 AM, pompeii said:

How long does it take for a new booking to be recognized by the app?  I rebooked an existing cruise on Friday to get a price drop so now I have a new booking number. The previous booking number was linked to the app (it is no longer since it’s canceled) but the app says the new booking number does not match their information.  Does it take a few days? I’ve triple checked to make sure the number I’m entering is correct. 

I made a new reservation on Friday and the app had it in about two hours later...

 

On 7/18/2021 at 2:29 PM, Steelers36 said:

Oh boy, wouldn't that be the proverbial sticky wicket.  Perhaps they would just delay the departure.  I cannot recall the time, but I don't think it is a lot of hours hours.  The must have scheduled the arrival groups to account for that.  As the ships take on more people and Covid measures relax, I expect we will see earlier arrival times and/or they increase the numbers for each arrival group.

I believe that it is either 90 minutes or two hours, but not going to swear to it. 😄

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, jwattle said:

I made a new reservation on Friday and the app had it in about two hours later...

 

I believe that it is either 90 minutes or two hours, but not going to swear to it. 😄

 

Sounds about right.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/18/2021 at 9:19 AM, Erndog72 said:

The Medallion app may have been around for quite a while, but it is DEFINITELY NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME.

Yes, the app has been around for at least 3 years or so, but NOT in its present form!  I was on 2 or 3 of the first few cruises that used the Medallion technology.  It was primarily used ONLY once you got on the ship...absolutely NOTHING was input into the app pre-cruise.  It was great for checking dining room schedules, menus, entertainment and checking the daily schedules... sort of like an electronic "Patter".  The Medallions themselves basically just opened the cabin doors.  The system of "ordering a drink and they'll find you wherever you are" worked some of the time...it was a bit flaky but it was always kind of fun watching the waiters fly around the deck looking at people and then looking at their tablet trying to figure out who they needed to deliver their "drink of the day"!  

 

Somebody high up in the Princess organization made a decision to leverage the technology to its fullest.  I cannot fault them for a decision such as this.  (I'm retired IT myself...)  However...in the firms that I previously worked for if a system was rolled out in such a disastrous form and OBVIOUSLY not fully tested...heads would most definitely have rolled.  I strongly suspect that this tech project was outsourced to a firm with the lowest bid and who did not possess the strong project management skills needed for such an ambitious undertaking.

 

Just my 2 cents worth...and that's all it's worth!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

It was primarily used ONLY once you got on the ship...absolutely NOTHING was input into the app pre-cruise. 

 

The pre-cruise stuff is a "solution in search of a problem." The website handled the pre-cruise stuff quite well - there was zero need to move stuff that is best done on a full-fledged browser to a mobile app. And as a mobile app, it's poor - on my iPad, it forces portrait mode (I have a keyboard but it attaches along the long edge so really only usable in landscape mode). I can type far more easily on a real keyboard than an on-screen keyboard.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Yes, the app has been around for at least 3 years or so, but NOT in its present form!  I was on 2 or 3 of the first few cruises that used the Medallion technology.  It was primarily used ONLY once you got on the ship...absolutely NOTHING was input into the app pre-cruise.  It was great for checking dining room schedules, menus, entertainment and checking the daily schedules... sort of like an electronic "Patter".  The Medallions themselves basically just opened the cabin doors.  The system of "ordering a drink and they'll find you wherever you are" worked some of the time...it was a bit flaky but it was always kind of fun watching the waiters fly around the deck looking at people and then looking at their tablet trying to figure out who they needed to deliver their "drink of the day"!  

 

Somebody high up in the Princess organization made a decision to leverage the technology to its fullest.  I cannot fault them for a decision such as this.  (I'm retired IT myself...)  However...in the firms that I previously worked for if a system was rolled out in such a disastrous form and OBVIOUSLY not fully tested...heads would most definitely have rolled.  I strongly suspect that this tech project was outsourced to a firm with the lowest bid and who did not possess the strong project management skills needed for such an ambitious undertaking.

 

Just my 2 cents worth...and that's all it's worth!

Exactly. I don’t know if you saw the post from a few days ago about the placeholder data that appeared in someone’s Health Attestation page? Lorem ipsum and a whole bunch of cut of meat? I showed it to DH who codes for a Very Large Tech Company and he was pretty surprised. “Looks like they’re testing in the production environment.  You’ve gotta be pretty stupid to do that when your users can see your every error.” 
 

Part of me wants to give these folks the benefit of the doubt; that said, it’s my first cruise and my first experience dealing with this kind of “interface,” and I’ve gotta say, the odds of my ever doing another Princess cruise are really low. No one should have to be a beta tester for an industry like this. This kind of thing is really inexcusable. 

Edited by Chai8
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What do you have to do if the app doesn't recognize your booking number?  I get the red message "Your booking information does not match our records."  

 

I have checked and rechecked the booking number and what I am entering is correct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, pompeii said:

What do you have to do if the app doesn't recognize your booking number?  I get the red message "Your booking information does not match our records."  

 

I have checked and rechecked the booking number and what I am entering is correct.

I think you might want to call Princess. It took me a while to get the app right but once I got it downloaded, a couple of times it's working now. I had to uninstall and reinstall it a few times before it would go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I awoke today to green lane status on one device and yellow lane on the other. I’m convinced that these people couldn’t program their way out of a paper bag. 

I would try uninstalling the app from the device that has the yellow lane on it and try reinstalling it later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pompeii said:

What do you have to do if the app doesn't recognize your booking number?  I get the red message "Your booking information does not match our records."  

 

I have checked and rechecked the booking number and what I am entering is correct.

I had the same situation a few days ago & like yourself I was using the correct information and so I just left it for an hour & when I tried again it worked perfectly fine. So maybe leave it a while then try again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, jwattle said:

I made a new reservation on Friday and the app had it in about two hours later...

 

I believe that it is either 90 minutes or two hours, but not going to swear to it. 😄

 

Boy...talk about luck of the Irish!  🙂     Good for you!

 

My problem with the app and Princess website is a little different from the issues listed so far.  My spouse (technically challenged and won't go near a computer...LOL) and kids don't have email accounts.  I've booked cruises, as well as entered all of the requested info for each of them online over the years using my email address.  With the changes on the app and the Princess website due to upgraded Medallion app,  my spouses info pops up when I log in with my email address/password.  We sometime book several staterooms per cruise.  To view my bookings, I have to use the Quick Access link and enter our son's name and date of birth, as well as the booking number.  I can access my spouses booking using my email address.   And one more weird thing..... my spouses name is incorrect on the Medallion app....it lists his first name, MY middle name, and his last name.    I've spent hours on hold and on the phone with the Ocean app reps this past month and still no resolution.  Good thing our cruise is still 4 months away!  I have time to get this straightened out.  Deep breaths and a glass of wine helps. LOL   

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

anyone have email address for medallion help. sick of being on hold,. there is wrong cabin number on medallion  appl.for my booking that they need to change, changed cabins and it is correct on princess website and my paperwork.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...