WHEN DO YOU BELIEVE PRINCESS WULL BE SAILING FROM USA PORTS

mcrcruiser

4 hours ago, MishelleMcc said:

We are fully vaccinated and I put our vaccine cards in our passports (in the safe) before the CDC suggestion!  We had a feeling this would happen...  I think the goal is supposed to be 98% of the crew and 95% passengers vaccinated... I don't want to potentially expose someone who maybe CAN'T get vaccinated and ruin their cruise (or Life!?)  So I am okay with some kind of requirement for the safety of all...  It was safe for us to do so why not?  (we are in our 60's)  We booked a 15 night Hawaiian cruise for January 2022 and we NEED to cruise!  My Mental health is at stake!  Ha!!  😂🤣🤪

We are sailing to Hawaii in January from SF.  Retiring in November. Whoop Whoop

• Like 4

5 hours ago, MishelleMcc said:

We are fully vaccinated and I put our vaccine cards in our passports (in the safe) before the CDC suggestion!  We had a feeling this would happen...  I think the goal is supposed to be 98% of the crew and 95% passengers vaccinated... I don't want to potentially expose someone who maybe CAN'T get vaccinated and ruin their cruise (or Life!?)  So I am okay with some kind of requirement for the safety of all...  It was safe for us to do so why not?  (we are in our 60's)  We booked a 15 night Hawaiian cruise for January 2022 and we NEED to cruise!  My Mental health is at stake!  Ha!!  😂🤣🤪

I have a copy on my phone & where I’ve had to show it the photo was fine. Interesting to see if a photo is excepted by the cruise lines vs the original card. 

Tom😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Or yellow fever immunizations. They have been required for years on just our little yellow card

And as far as I know, no one ever considered forging those cards.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, memoak said:

We are sailing to Hawaii in January from SF.  Retiring in November. Whoop Whoop

Congratulations on your retirement!!  And we are on the SF Jan 16 Cruise (Ruby Princess)!  I bet we are on the same one!!  We will have a blast!!  We did this cruise out of SF December 2019 (Grand Princess) and LOVED it!!!  It's a different ship this time but I know it will be a blast!!  Welcome aboard!!

6 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Isn't it amazing how the means to possibly end the pandemic has become so political. Did anyone fake having polio vaccines? Did anyone fake having smallpox vaccines? Those were so welcomed!

5 hours ago, memoak said:

Or yellow fever immunizations. They have been required for years on just our little yellow card

Nobody needed proof of smallpox or polio vaccines to travel anywhere or gain entrance to any event.

Although YF immunizations were needed to travel to certain areas of the world, it was only a very small percentage of Americans that would have traveled to those areas and needed these. And, unlike with Covid-19, those who traveled to those areas were afraid enough of catching YF they wanted the inoculations.

6 hours ago, caribill said:

Nobody needed proof of smallpox or polio vaccines to travel anywhere or gain entrance to any event.

Although YF immunizations were needed to travel to certain areas of the world, it was only a very small percentage of Americans that would have traveled to those areas and needed these. And, unlike with Covid-19, those who traveled to those areas were afraid enough of catching YF they wanted the inoculations.

Since one of the posts you quoted was mine, let me explain what I was trying to say. Noone objected to ridding the world of smallpox or polio. Noone claimed they were "hoaxes". Jenner's smallpox vaccine was a new idea, yet there was not a let other people be guinea pigs reaction. And speaking of being a guinea pig, I remember reading somewhere that Jonas Salk was his own test subject for his polio vaccine. And again instead of let others do it I have my freedom, it was embraced and celebrated.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, MishelleMcc said:

Congratulations on your retirement!!  And we are on the SF Jan 16 Cruise (Ruby Princess)!  I bet we are on the same one!!  We will have a blast!!  We did this cruise out of SF December 2019 (Grand Princess) and LOVED it!!!  It's a different ship this time but I know it will be a blast!!  Welcome aboard!!

Yes same cruise. We are originally  from California so we will go down a little early to see friends. This will be our 5th or 6th Hawaii cruise on Princess 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, memoak said:

Yes same cruise. We are originally  from California so we will go down a little early to see friends. This will be our 5th or 6th Hawaii cruise on Princess 

This is interesting to us, we are Northern Californians and love Hawaii. If we want Hawaii we fly there in five hours, if we want a local cruise we go to Alaska or Mexico. Never though of a Hawaii cruise - is it Sea Days that attract you ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

This is interesting to us, we are Northern Californians and love Hawaii. If we want Hawaii we fly there in five hours, if we want a local cruise we go to Alaska or Mexico. Never though of a Hawaii cruise - is it Sea Days that attract you ?

You bet. The most relaxing cruise outside of Panama Canal cruises

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

We have been on numerous cruises & flights to all the Hawaiian islands  . We too love Hawaii & at times spend 2 weeks  on a island . Sea days are wonderful if  you are the type of individual who likes  trivia games ,learning  Hawaiian dancing & instrument playing or making necklaces . Then there are the gym , pools & sauna  plus lots of great food   .We find sea days quite relaxing   in out balcony state room & have seen gorgeous rainbows after a good rain storm at sea  .All the ports are wonderful .We are headed for our  next cruise yo Hawaii with over night in Honolulu  ,Feb 2 ,2022 on Holland America Koningsdam  R/T from San Diego   . Of course we live with in a 30 minute drive to the cruise port :classic_rolleyes:  

Aloha

• Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 10:34 AM, LACruiser88 said:

I strongly believe that by November 1st (2021) cruise lines will be cruising in/out of U.S. ports.  Anytime before that, well I would not bet on it???  And, I would be very happy to see it sooner!

I will put $100 here

In Flor-i- duh, despite what Ron D has stated, cruises will start back NO LATER THAN AUGUST 1 - banked

reduced capacity - check

covid-19 protocols in place - check

vaccinated crew and passengers - TBD - stay tune for updates 

17 hours ago, memoak said:

You bet. The most relaxing cruise outside of Panama Canal cruises

When we did Panama cruise we were suspicious about Sea Days but when we woke up on the second one it was nice to be so restful. Must say though, after three Sea Days we were ready to go ashore.

On 5/1/2021 at 12:47 PM, caribill said:

Thanks.

The news article I read did not mention this.

Disney is going to be a problem as over half of its pax are children. Unless children are exempt from vaccination (and, of course, Florida prohibition on vaccine passports, etc.), those boats may be somewhat empty.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ChutChut said:

Disney is going to be a problem as over half of its pax are children. Unless children are exempt from vaccination (and, of course, Florida prohibition on vaccine passports, etc.), those boats may be somewhat empty.

Disney* may be forced to do trial cruises as only Pfizer has finished its testing on 12-15 yr olds. SF is getting ready to vaccinate them as soon as EUA is approved / according to ABC NEWS hoping to start this week. Which would be great as our state has a hard time getting above 60% vaccination rate (40.2% fully / 19.8% partially or 1 shot)

Edited by Ombud
*typo
  • Like 2

On 4/28/2021 at 11:07 AM, cruzsnooze said:

Whenever the CDC says we sail from a US port is when it will happen. I have no crystal ball.

I do have a crystal ball and it says....... Oh no.  The battery went dead again.

If you really want to know, I can always use my 8 Ball, but it is not nearly as reliable as my crystal ball.

Otherwise, I wouldn't rely on anything the CDC says.

• Haha 1

On 5/2/2021 at 6:04 AM, ontheweb said:

No one objected to ridding the world of smallpox or polio.

Celebrity influencer: How did health authorities make polio vaccinations “hip” among teenagers in the 1950s? Well, by rolling out hip-shaking stars like Elvis Presley to make it cool, Erin Blakemore reports for Nat Geo.

1 hour ago, caribill said:

Celebrity influencer: How did health authorities make polio vaccinations “hip” among teenagers in the 1950s? Well, by rolling out hip-shaking stars like Elvis Presley to make it cool, Erin Blakemore reports for Nat Geo.

It seemed like the March of Dimes was a big factor in promoting polio vaccinations too....

• Like 2

On 5/2/2021 at 3:24 PM, Tedferg said:

How fun!  I lived in the Bay area in the 80's and plan to take DW to all the sights...  and visit a couple of friends ...  Have a wonderful time!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MishelleMcc said:

How fun!  I lived in the Bay area in the 80's and plan to take DW to all the sights...  and visit a couple of friends ...  Have a wonderful time!!

Have a great time - we postponed a Maui visit in May because of school conflict for Granddaughter so trying again for June.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MishelleMcc said:

We Love the Sea Days...  We find plenty to do or do nothing but stare at the ocean...    See you on board!! ❤️

Same here .We love the sea days  & occasionally we catch a rainbow 

• Like 3

On 5/3/2021 at 8:02 PM, MishelleMcc said:

We Love the Sea Days...  We find plenty to do or do nothing but stare at the ocean...   

32 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Same here .We love the sea days  & occasionally we catch a rainbow 

Ok, you can both stop this cruel description everyone is missing now 😊 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1