Ports are beginning to call port workers

Some ports have reached out to people that do embark and debark to ask them if they would be returning to work.

No dates given, but they are planning their staffing needs at least. Another positive sign, let's keep moving forward.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I saw a interview today with the head guy at the cape Canaveral port. He said it's time to do the heavy lifting if there is any chance of cruising in july. He didnt specifically say cruising from his port though, just cruising at all. Time to get started.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

This is great news – for Carnival and all other cruise lines!  [Can't figure out why anyone would think is isn't relevant...]

It might not be as exciting as you think. Sounds to me like they are just compiling a call list. So when the time comes they will have contacts. But no one knows when the time will come.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, joeyancho said:

It might not be as exciting as you think. Sounds to me like they are just compiling a call list. So when the time comes they will have contacts. But no one knows when the time will come.

I actually think they know more than you are aware of. Carnival said breeze and vista were coming home to restart cruises, even before the cdc came out with its alternative to mock cruises. The ships were sent here prior to the cdc announcement and talk about restarting in july. We might not yet know which date carnival is aiming to restart, but I'd expect carnival to say soon. 

Perhaps not every port restart date will be known but I'd bet carnival is mapping out their proposed dates. Rcl seems to be telling crew to keep being called back on the down low. One guy posted to fb and took it down but says he is coming back etc. There are quiet signs of restarting.

• Like 5

I read somewhere that the CDC and the cruise lines have been in twice a week talks for quite awhile.  If that is true, then the cruise lines know far more than they are revealing right now.  They are probably just figuring out the final details before they release any information.  I've got two cruises booked and fingers crossed.  Just waiting on the official word from Carnival!  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, phoneman69 said:

So dock workers and embankment people. How about food stocks and ware house personal. Let’s get everybody jabbed 

Everyone in the USA 16 and over now can get vaccinated. And that may soon expand to 12 and over. Where people used to scramble to get an appointment and the vaccine, now places are having trouble using all their allotted vaccines. And there are walk in, no appointment necessary, clinics also. (There was one in my home town just yesterday,)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Jab the food while we're at it!

LOL, when this all started, I'd bring home groceries and then DW would wipe everything down with disinfecting wipes. I thought that was over the top, and it seems I was right. (She no longer does that.)

• Like 4

On 5/5/2021 at 10:11 PM, pogoism9 said:

...as long as Baltimore is one of them.

I got a date with a large white girl on 9/26 😁

I hope she's got a shapely rear end like this one...

Carnival-Breeze-stern.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pogoism9 said:

Nah, I like my gals a little bit older 😄

You do know it takes older gals a bit longer to get ready, so I believe your date with her in September is going to be pushed back a bit.

Port workers were offered an opportunity to be vaccinated along with the ship workers. 

To the port workers, it was only an offer. It was not suggested that it was a requirement or mandatory in any way. I dont know if it is a requirement for the ship workers nor do I know nor am I speculating if it will be mandatory in the future for either group, the shoreside or ship personnel. 

On 5/7/2021 at 8:25 AM, ontheweb said:

LOL, when this all started, I'd bring home groceries and then DW would wipe everything down with disinfecting wipes. I thought that was over the top, and it seems I was right. (She no longer does that.)

I saw someone do that last week. 

3 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

I saw someone do that last week. 

At least it is easier now to wipe down all the groceries than when my wife was doing it and the one thing that I found hard to find in stores were the disinfecting wipes.

59 minutes ago, cruisemom2 said:

Are you still doing that?

No, the practice was stopped a long time ago even before we were both fully vaccinated.

Edited by ontheweb