There is still hope

We are booked on Oasis Oct 3. This is a lift and shift from last Oct. We drive to the port and have been sailing Anthem and previously Explorer, for years. We were on Anthem’s final sailing before shut down last March...The mood was pretty sad on that cruise. 

We are fully vaccinated now and would love to try out Oasis, but are realistic about our chances this year. Trying to stay optimistic though.

8 hours ago, maria1122 said:

I have been tracking the Oasis for a few days now.  It has been in  CoCoCay for some time.  Today it is on its way to Miami.  We are booked for a B3B on it July 13.  
hopefully it will be meeting  with the other ships, getting the crew vaccinated and then up to Bayonne.  My fingers are crossed.  We are avid cruises and had 14 cruises cancelled already.

I think it is more likely that cruises will be leaving from Newburgh than cruises leaving from anywhere in the US in 2021.

4 hours ago, stephiek814 said:

I'm in the same boat.....errr ship.....myself. Haha We are booked on the 11/27 sailing. Really dont want to get my hopes up but after the year we have all had, it's hard not to be excited about something. 

We are on the same sailing. I hope we are able to finally go!

• Like 1

DW and I are on Oasis 7/2/21 out of Cape Liberty.  I am waiting for the cancellation to L& S to 7/01/2022.  I have a great rate and I have paid in full.  Hoping for my 8/19/2021 to Bermuda.

Instead of hope I just made it a reality. I booked Adventure out of Nassau. Everyone over 18 must be vaccinated anyone under PCR test within 72 hours. CDC has no say there. My prediction: No masks required outside or at restaurants for my Nassau 2 day Coco Cay cruise. Also nice knowing we're the only ship docking at Coco Cay with our ships max occupancy of 1500-1800 guests. Bliss.

Edited by Moltar
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Woohoo I'm tracking Allure, same here but she's still floating out around Nassau.

I think we're booked for the same cruise (in your sig). After seeing the latest CDC guidelines, I'm not holding my breath. I might cancel given new restrictions will make cruising a rather unpleasant experience. I'll wait until the day before pay-in-full (which is in June, I believe) to see if the CDC loosens its strict stance. Otherwise there is a good chance Royal will cancel it for us given none of the stops in the itinerary are at Level 1 covid.

1 hour ago, coldflame said:

I think we're booked for the same cruise (in your sig). After seeing the latest CDC guidelines, I'm not holding my breath. I might cancel given new restrictions will make cruising a rather unpleasant experience. I'll wait until the day before pay-in-full (which is in June, I believe) to see if the CDC loosens its strict stance. Otherwise there is a good chance Royal will cancel it for us given none of the stops in the itinerary are at Level 1 covid.

I will not panic into canceling this cruise.  And I am even confident restrictions won't be that much of a problem with all the talk from the RCCL folks about vaccinations.  Nothing could make my cruise an unpleasant experience...nothing but snarky folks that is.  But masks and distancing...that ain't no thing.

13 hours ago, maria1122 said:

I have been tracking the Oasis for a few days now.  It has been in  CoCoCay for some time.  Today it is on its way to Miami.  We are booked for a B3B on it July 13.  
hopefully it will be meeting  with the other ships, getting the crew vaccinated and then up to Bayonne.  My fingers are crossed.  We are avid cruises and had 14 cruises cancelled already.

Nope, not going to happen

21 hours ago, maria1122 said:

Our payment is due from our Oasis August cruise.  Since we anticipate the cruise not sailing from NJ, and so many restrictions, we have decided to cancel and move to next summer.  We have January cruises booked out of Florida, and hopefully will be sailing safely then.  

Hopefully, more people will do their part and get vaccinated.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Interesting that FL has a higher % of seniors vaccinated than NY😉

True.   Although they don't differ by much.

As of today:

NY is 69.3

FL is 70.4,

US average is 70.2.

Much bigger difference in % of adults fully vaccinated. 

NY is 47.1,  FL is only 38.5

US average is 41.9

Of course there are many factors that could possibly account for this difference.

Edited by Shorewalk Holmes
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Stallion said:

Where have most people received the vaccine? -Not in Texas-not in any state in the South or other traditionally Republican states. But I am entirely content with the 21 traditionally Democratic states which are leading the way (at least with at least 1 dose). see 4th graph at link.  Those Democratic states are on course to start hitting projected goals of herd immunity by late June through late August. The rest of the Country not so much with projections in some states now extending to as far as September 2022 to 2023. see 3rd graph at link for your state

I believe projected dates of herd immunity are playing a significant role in the recommendations of the CDC

https://www.npr.org/960901166

Saw on the news that 178M Americans have received at least 1 shot. The population of the US in 2019 was 328.2M. Remove 60 million that are under age 14 and that, according to science and basic math, most of Americans.

23 minutes ago, Junkhouse said:

Saw on the news that 178M Americans have received at least 1 shot. The population of the US in 2019 was 328.2M. Remove 60 million that are under age 14 and that, according to science and basic math, most of Americans.

Nope because some need two jabs.

All the numbers for every state-all Americans, over 65, over 18 and both at least 1 dose or fully vaccinated are in the 5th graph at link. Its important that all us have accurate information and this is one of the absolute best websites to show exactly where we are

Only 11 traditionally democratic states have reached 50% of at least 1 dose

4 traditionally democratic states have reached 50%+ filly vaccinated of its population over 18

No state has reached 50% of its entire population fully vaccinated

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/01/28/960901166/how-is-the-covid-19-vaccination-campaign-going-in-your-state

Edited by Stallion
  • Like 2

I'm not playing that game any more, just cruising from now on and my Ignore file borders on the profane...but at least I don't have to see them anymore.  The best thing one can do is not respond, it absolutely agrivates them.... 

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 12:48 PM, suizas said:

I’m hoping for Symphony last week of August! 

I'm on the 8/21 sailing. Two problems:

1. It's a 8 day sailing (they'll probably shorten it to 7).

2. Children: I have 3 under 10

I think before Memorial Day we know a lot more.  Fingers Crossed!

Side note: haven't been on an Oasis Class. Was supposed to go on the Oasis last August, and now the Symphony this August. 😞

2 hours ago, Stallion said:

45.3% of the population has received at least 1 dose

33.4% of the population is fully vaccinated

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

Here are real facts and science  to chew on.

2019-2020 Flu Deaths Under 18:   434

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2019-2020.html

Total Covid deaths under 18 from beginning to April 28th, 2021:  277

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1191568/reported-deaths-from-covid-by-age-us/

So the flu is more deadlier then Covid for the younger.  And you can't find that on the CDC website. Only some sort of percentage charts.  I wonder why?

I did find a chart but the under 18 doesn't even show up as a blip.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6912e2.htm#T1_down

Edited by Junkhouse

11 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

And in the dining room,  while you chew, in between bites

This is probably because they know some rude self centered people will try to take advantage of eating and drinking for hours. All it takes is a few to screw it up for everyone else. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

This is probably because they know some rude self centered people will try to take advantage of eating and drinking for hours. All it takes is a few to screw it up for everyone else. 🙄

Disney had that problem when they first reopened. They sorted it out

7 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Again, the lack of confidence (or common sense) in the 'vaccine' is very disappointing to me.....are they worried about the 5% screwing it up for everyone else?  Sorry, beating a dead horse....just tired of the games....sure like to see this industry survive, and realize the 'danger' of sailing w/ pax, but sailing around w/ partial crew for months on end has a guaranteed outcome.

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Disney had that problem when they first reopened. They sorted it out

Didnt disney say can only eat sitting down to stop people from carrying food around to stop the I'm eating so I dont have to wear a mask issue. I'm sure cruises could work something out. I just wish they would get this started and we could get firm info finally. Its past time.

• Like 2