Edge sails on June 26?

Jeremiah1212

8 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

For an Infinite Verandah, the difference between a SS and a category E3, which is the cheapest AI, is $320 per person. 

For a Sky Suite, the difference $490 pp. 

mac_tlc

If you take into account the price of gratuities and the fact that it's a GTY cabin I think these "discounts" are laughable.

5 minutes ago, Blauelini said:

You're correct. This is why RCCL is doing test cruises (every ship must do it),  they will not commit 95% passenger vaccine threshold. This is going to bite RCCL in a big way in the months ahead.

I think they really have no choice given the demographic of their customers. For us, we have an August cruise for 8 booked on the Allure, ages range from 62 to 3. I’d love to go but if they end up treating  vaccinated and non-vaccinated customers the same and there are more restrictions, I would rather do Celebrity.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, wrk2cruise said:

If you take into account the price of gratuities and the fact that it's a GTY cabin I think these "discounts" are laughable.

I agree. No brained to me.

mac_tlc

9 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

We booked the 6/26 this morning - got the cabin of choice (SV) and it is the same as our 7/3 cruise. It will be so good to be at sea again. 

Ship is going to Nassau. All must obtain the Bahamas health visa. $40.00 per person or you do not get to go oon the ship if you do not ahve it. 

2 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Updated Itineraries:

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 10.14.53 AM.png

Jeremiah1212 - do you know if those are the same sailing dates and cruise lengths that have been posted since Celebrity realigned cruises to make them 7 days?

Edge may have always been all 7 day cruises, I'm not sure. We are on the Equinox Aug 1, and are waiting with bated breath to find out if we are for sure sailing and from which port. Originally, our cruise was 6 nights, and it was lengthened a few months ago when CDC put out the guidance for no longer than 7 days - Equinox was alternating a few 6 day and 8 itineraries.

3 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Jeremiah1212 - do you know if those are the same sailing dates and cruise lengths that have been posted since Celebrity realigned cruises to make them 7 days?

Edge may have always been all 7 day cruises, I'm not sure. We are on the Equinox Aug 1, and are waiting with bated breath to find out if we are for sure sailing and from which port. Originally, our cruise was 6 nights, and it was lengthened a few months ago when CDC put out the guidance for no longer than 7 days - Equinox was alternating a few 6 day and 8 itineraries.

I can post the schedule but the dates themselves are exactly the same as they have been. The one 8 night sailing is the only sailing that is longer than 7 night throughout the rest of 2021. 

40 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Ship is going to Nassau. All must obtain the Bahamas health visa. $40.00 per person or you do not get to go oon the ship if you do not ahve it. 

So I can stay on the ship AND save $40???? Nice….

mac_tlc

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lovrccl said:

They will sail on Royal.

Royal requires vaccinations as well.  The only people exempt are people who have medical reasons or children who aren't able to get the vaccine.  But because they cant guarantee the 95% they will be doing the test cruises but they are still requiring the vaccines. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Justprettynpink said:

I don't have a vaccine passport, only vaccine records.....

I don't mind if cruise ships/ airlines save my US passport in their records....I would mind if they kept a record of my health. (I feel it would be up to me to share each time I travel)

I would also be fine with a health questionnaire asking about vaccines and letting me show them at the port that I had vaccines.

Just my two cents...

I welcome the airlines and cruise lines entering my vaccine status and all info related to my vaccine into their data base. That would make it much easier for traveling either on the airlines or cruise lines. DeSantis can go fly a kite!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Pratique said:

Is Celebrity actually requiring documentary proof of vaccination or are they just making people sign something attesting that they have been vaccinated?

Just getting into this, but it looks like you have to enter your date, and vaccine dose #, and the facility/administrator who gave the shot.  At least, that's what my TA is telling me.  She said it would be a good idea to carry the original CDC COVID vaccine card with me, too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

I was just checking cabins and pricing for 7/3. Interesting to see that for all cabin categories, there were “simply sail” fares, for those who don’t like AI. They were the guarantee cabin categories. 

Certain areas they seem to be selling alternating cabins, plus no OVs or insides for sale.

Mac_tlc

Yea I saw that.For about $150.00 per person you can have Free WiFI and DRINK PACKAGE.

What a good deal for 7 days cruise.

7 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Just getting into this, but it looks like you have to enter your date, and vaccine dose #, and the facility/administrator who gave the shot.  At least, that's what my TA is telling me.  She said it would be a good idea to carry the original CDC COVID vaccine card with me, too.

We'll be doing our Online Check-In for our August Equinox cruise this Saturday.  I expect (hope) that there will be a section called Proof of Vaccination or some such for just what you listed.  That's pretty much all that is on the card.  As backup we'll have our cards with our passports. 

1 minute ago, verizon said:

Yea I saw that.For about $150.00 per person you can have Free WiFI and DRINK PACKAGE.

What a good deal for 7 days cruise.

Plus the big surprise on what stateroom you are assigned.   Priceless.

2 minutes ago, verizon said:

Yes you may be surprised you get an ICON suite.😀

I've lost that bet before.  I got the S2 and the prior occupant got the RS.  And that was before MoveUp.

Edited by wrk2cruise

2 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Some other cruise lines are handling vaccinations in a different way - all passengers regardless of age must say they will be fully vaccinated at the time of sailing and be able to prove it.  If they're not vaccinated, they can't book.  That, IMHO, will get you very close to 100%.

Thanks @Honolulu Blue. We'll just have to wait and see what lines, ships and itineraries are actually operated on a 100% vaccinated basis. I won't forego a cruise on a ship and itinerary I like at 95% vaccination to book a cruise I'm not overly enamoured with, just to move to 100%.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Why do I have this feeling Celebrity will have this all resolved prior to departure and we won't have to pay a thing, especially if we're on one of their excursions. But, as with everything, time will tell.

• Thanks 1