Will You cancel Your Upcoming Cruises if Royal Caribbean Doesn't Require Vaccinations

If Royal Caribbean Doesn't Require Vaccinations will you cancel your cruise?  

436 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Feel About Royal Caribbean not requesting vaccinations

• We will cancel our upcoming cruise(s) if Royal Caribbean does not require vaccinations
    • We Don't have concerns with with Royal Caribbean not Requiring Vaccinations

Damn guys, you wouldn't be happy if they hung you with a GOLD rope.  If you don't want to go on a unvaxed cruise out of Florida, then cancel your cruise.  Stop complaining and second guessing what RCL is doing.  You are not privy to the decision making from the top.  

Let's take a deep breath and chill.

Judy

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

I don't understand why people feel a 95% vaccinated cruise is safer? Vaccinated people are not being tested before boarding....they can just as easily bring covid on board. With over 2k on board....you'll still have many that will get sick and cause shutdowns.

If everyone unvaccinated and vaccinated test negative before boarding that would be the best solution.

You bring up a very good point, and I think the 5% was a very arbitrary number.

I believe the CDC logic is that it is extremely unlikely for there to be a "break-thru breakout" meaning if 95% are vaccinated, there wont be any outbreak among those people. Even if some of them caught covid from one of the 5% that brought it on, they would almost certainly be asymptomatic and we may never even know about it. If you only focus on the 5%, it would be equally unlikely that enough of those people would 1 - Have covid and 2 - be in close enough vicinity of those exact 5% people (100 people in your 2,000 people example) to cause an outbreak.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cigar King said:

My preference is for everyone, or as close to everyone as reasonably can be expected, to be vaccinated.  I would not want to see my vacation impaired because somebody chose not to take the vaccine, when they were eligible to do so.  That being said, I'll travel.  I can only take care of myself.

Same here.  I'm not supposed to be concerned, as I'm vaccinated.  

Want to cruise, before some other crap happens.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, FOXTROT said:

RCL you made the correct decision. It is illegal to make people get an experimental drug. Is illegal to require anyone showing a vaccine card.

No one is “making” anyone get a vaccine for travel — but I am curious what statutes you are referring to as to the illegality of requiring a vaccine (schools have such requirements nationally, and the Covid vaccines have been legally authorized for use) and the only place currently with a law about asking for vaccination status is Florida.  Pretty sure cruises will be sailing out of ports not in Florida.  So, other than Florida, what statute are you referring to?

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jrapps said:

Royal originally said that everyone 12+ must be vaccinated, even if they weren't hitting 95%. Now that anyone over 12 can go un-vaccinated, that could increase the risk of an outbreak on the ship. 

But does Royal have to abide by the CDC test cruise rules now that they aren’t requiring passengers and most likely won’t hit the 95% requirement?  So confused how Royal can just bypass the 95% CDC requirement. 

• Like 1

I’m not sure why cruise lines couldn’t mandate (at least for the foreseeable future)  that in order to sail “protocol free” passengers  will need to voluntarily submit proof of vaccination.  I volunteered happily to get my vaccine and I would happily submit proof of that in Florida or anywhere else if it meant I could sail “like the good old days” 😎

Passengers who choose not to do that should have to submit to testing and all masking, distancing protocols...if they don’t like that idea then there are other vacation options out there.  It seems that those who don’t want to vaccinate all scream “freedom of choice”! except when it comes to their cruise vacations.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Yes!  Do not want to be stranded out to sea because some people get sick!  

That’s my concern. Without vaccine requirements there 100% will be outbreaks. How will it be handled by the cruise line and ports?  Will I be stuck in my room?  Will we be allowed back to port?

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Beachammo said:

I don't understand why people feel a 95% vaccinated cruise is safer? Vaccinated people are not being tested before boarding....they can just as easily bring covid on board. With over 2k on board....you'll still have many that will get sick and cause shutdowns.

If everyone unvaccinated and vaccinated test negative before boarding that would be the best solution.

The odds of a vaccinated passenger get it/being contagious are exponentially lower than someone who is not vaccinated. Then it’s just math/probability of potential outbreaks with each additional person who is not vaccinated. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, chefchick said:

I’m not sure why cruise lines couldn’t mandate (at least for the foreseeable future)  that in order to sail “protocol free” passengers  will need to voluntarily submit proof of vaccination.  I volunteered happily to get my vaccine and I would happily submit proof of that in Florida or anywhere else if it meant I could sail “like the good old days” 😎

Passengers who choose not to do that should have to submit to testing and all masking, distancing protocols...if they don’t like that idea then there are other vacation options out there.  It seems that those who don’t want to vaccinate all scream “freedom of choice”! except when it comes to their cruise vacations.

How do you feel about the rest of the United States now being wide open without masks at full capacity at stadiums and restaurants, etc., no distancing required?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

And you know this how?

You’re right.  100% can’t be proved either way. Just higher probability with each unvaccinated passenger.  

I’m not scared of getting it. I just don’t want to be quarantined or stuck on a ship if there is an outbreak. Which is more likely with less passengers vaccinated. 

Poor Jon Rahm. I can imagine the PGA took lots of precautions and he still lost his chance of winning a huge tournament because he was exposed earlier this week, tested positive and had to drop out when he was leading.   

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/rahm-forced-out-memorial-after-positive-covid-19-test-2021-06-05/

I doubt RC will be as protective or proactive. Which begs the question of what happens when there is an outbreak. I’m not canceling my October cruise yet, but an island vacation is definitely sounding better. Time will tell. It will be interesting to see how outbreaks are handled. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cindivan said:

You’re right.  100% can’t be proved either way. Just higher probability with each unvaccinated passenger.  

I’m not scared of getting it. I just don’t want to be quarantined or stuck on a ship if there is an outbreak. Which is more likely with less passengers vaccinated. 

Poor Jon Rahm. I can imagine the PGA took lots of precautions and he still lost his chance of winning a huge tournament because he was exposed earlier this week, tested positive and had to drop out when he was leading.   

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/rahm-forced-out-memorial-after-positive-covid-19-test-2021-06-05/

I doubt RC will be as protective or proactive. Which begs the question of what happens when there is an outbreak. I’m not canceling my October cruise yet, but an island vacation is definitely sounding better. Time will tell. It will be interesting to see how outbreaks are handled. 

Again, everyone needs to read their healthy sail program that deals with this.

Just now, RoyalC said:

How do you feel about the rest of the United States now being wide open without masks at full capacity at stadiums and restaurants, etc., no distancing required?

If I’m exposed to someone who has it when I’m at dinner or an event, I can go home and hopefully not get it. But won’t be forcibly quarantined which could possibly happen on a ship. That’s the big difference to me 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cindivan said:

If I’m exposed to someone who has it when I’m at dinner or an event, I can go home and hopefully not get it. But won’t be forcibly quarantined which could possibly happen on a ship. That’s the big difference to me 

That is the old rule. The new rule is the person(s) that are positive will be subjected to quarantine near the doctor's office and disembarked at the next port at RCL's expense. Just because you are near someone doesn't mean anything in this regard.

4 hours ago, Kokomo91165 said:

This is a safety issue, not a human rights or liberties issue. 

My right to be safe and enjoy a vacation should not be trumped by people refusing to get vaccinated and wanting the same treatment as those that are. 

This is a bait and switch. We all booked cruises under the policy of vaccines. Now they just decide to change it?  Irresponsible and unconscionable. 

If you are deeply concerned on your well bring and that of your family members, then it's too early for you to cruise. Your well being should be an automatic.  

• Like 1

I'm not concerned with becoming ill while cruising, we are vaccinated.  I am concerned with the 'what if's'.  

What if someone gets ill with Covid while on the cruise.  Will we be confined to our cabin?  Will we be floating around while we wait for a country to let us in?  It's a lot of money to put into a cruise that could turn into a problem.  

These are just my thoughts and I know not everyone will agree, that' okay.  No need to quote it and tell me why I'm wrong or that I need to look at doing something else.  We are.  

• Like 7

I’m fully vaxxed and booked on two Odyssey sailings out of Florida in July/August.

Personally, I’m looking forward to seeing COVID deniers/anti-vaxxers come down with COVID and be summarily dispatched at the next port. Nothing gives me more joy at this point than watching people refuse to listen to science and sleep in the bed that they made for themselves.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

My only issue with unvaccinated cruises is that anti-vaxxers are just so difficult to deal with and will probably complain about every little thing, like not being able to serve yourself in the Windjammer. Everyone planning to sail on the vaccinated cruises (like Adventure, Alaska, etc.) have been super optimistic and just happy to get back to sailing. The anti-vaxxers on these boards are always so negative and cranky. 

I don't care if you're unvaccinated. I just don't want to sail with a bunch of cranky a-holes who act like they're all a bunch of epidemiologists and know how vaccines are made. 

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1