Will You cancel Your Upcoming Cruises if Royal Caribbean Doesn't Require Vaccinations

If Royal Caribbean Doesn't Require Vaccinations will you cancel your cruise?  

436 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Feel About Royal Caribbean not requesting vaccinations

• We will cancel our upcoming cruise(s) if Royal Caribbean does not require vaccinations
    • We Don't have concerns with with Royal Caribbean not Requiring Vaccinations

2 hours ago, Beachammo said:

Here is some math....

100% of the unvaccinated will test negative before getting on the ship. The only way they'll get it is from a nontested vaccinated carrier.

Hmmm.  Have you ever heard of a false negative test?   With antigen testing it happens quite frequently.  In addition, depending upon when someone was infected, they can test negative on one day and then test positive a few days thereafter, thereby infecting others during that time frame.  Vaccinated persons that are infected (extremely rare) do not carry a viral load sufficient to infect others, so if an unvaccinated passenger gets it, they either came on board with it or go it from another unvaccinated infected person.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jrapps said:

The problem with the question is it doesn't show all the facts. I am vaccinated and am perfectly fine going on a cruise with vaccinated people...but as a vaccinated person am I not comfortable going on a cruise where I have to wear a mask everywhere and can't see shows due to capacity limits and might need to eat dinner at 4pm since they have to have more seating in the dining room to fit everyone spaced out?...not sure.

I don't care if I'm the only one vaccinated but I'm not buying a cruise with those restrictions. Ironically it has been my experience those who don't want to be vaccinated are the same people who don't want to wear masks or have any restrictions.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RoyalC said:

How do you feel about the rest of the United States now being wide open without masks at full capacity at stadiums and restaurants, etc., no distancing required?

I think it’s questionable, but if unvaccinated people catch Covid from each other, it’s on them.  At a stadium or any other land based, single day event, no one is going to be quarantined or prevented from going home when they expect to.  The stadium won’t be diverted, or denied port.  So don’t see how your question is relevant.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Beachammo said:

When Royal decided to do test cruises....they had already made the decision to go No Vax. Why would anyone think differently??

That was only to cover the children under 12 who cannot be vaccinated yet not everyone else and his brother. 

Jonathan

1 hour ago, zdad59 said:

That is an option.

So what happens if you cancel RCL cruises due to this new policy and want cash back - not FCC. I’ve had so many cruises cancelled and credit reapplied, I’m unsure where I’d stand. Don’t want to be forced to cruise with the unvacced. 

• Like 1

Here is some math....

100% of the unvaccinated will test negative before getting on the ship. The only way they'll get it is from a nontested vaccinated carrier.

Umm no…. They could be in the incubation period, so testing negative on one day and positive the next. Don’t start blaming the vaccinated!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coldflame said:

That might have changed, actually. I'm pretty certain it was here: Technical Instructions for Mitigation of COVID-19 Among Cruise Ship Crew | Quarantine | CDC

I don't think that ever said that, besides, that deals with crew issues and not revenue sailings. I don't recall CDC publishing Phase 4 guidance - the one that is supposed to be after lines get approval for revenue sailings - I would think it would be in there.

7 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

I think it’s questionable, but if unvaccinated people catch Covid from each other, it’s on them.  At a stadium or any other land based, single day event, no one is going to be quarantined or prevented from going home when they expect to.  The stadium won’t be diverted, or denied port.  So don’t see how your question is relevant.

Brought to you from the same people parroting, "follow the science."

at least up until it doesn't match their narrative or feelings.

COVID cases continue to decline drastically every single day.... You people are ridiculous.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JAMESCC said:

Please explain to me what changed? Wasn't Royal skipping the "95% passenger/98% crew vaccinated" thing and doing test cruises? Weren't they skipping the full vaccinated cruise already? I'm just not following what the issue is? 

No they were not. Up until yesterday Royal Caribbean was very clearly asking all passengers 12 and over to be fully vaccinated no later than two weeks prior to sailing. 

Jonathan

2 hours ago, Heymarco said:

What if those questions have already been answered? What if we quite working about what happened in March 2020 and opened our mind to the changes that are now present in summer 2021?

Your suggestion seems to presumes that Covid no longer exists.  In the summer of 2021 we have lots of people that still refuse to get vaccinated, we have massive outbreaks in other counties that are spawning new variants — which at anytime could result in a variant that is able to make the current vaccine ineffective.  Why don’t you stop sticking your head in the sand in an effort to avoid dealing with reality?  You don’t care about yourself or your loved ones?  Your choice, but stop belittling those that accept the realities of life.  Global cases, long haul symptoms and sheer unbelievably high death tolls are facts, whether you choose to believe them or not.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, librarylady19 said:

So what happens if you cancel RCL cruises due to this new policy and want cash back - not FCC. I’ve had so many cruises cancelled and credit reapplied, I’m unsure where I’d stand. Don’t want to be forced to cruise with the unvacced. 

Good luck. If you cancel it will be under the CWC policy which is FCC. I don't know when you booked but I'm guessing that it was before an vaccine was available so technically you were willing to sail with unvaccinated people when you booked.

• Like 2

Here is some math....

Here is some scientific reality — without a quarantine of about 7 days prior to the test, the result is meaningless because you don’t get a positive result the moment after you get Covid.  It’s on average a 2-5 day window AFTER exposure before you test positive.  So plenty of unvaccinated people can take a test, get a negative result, and still traipse onto a cruise ship and start infecting other unvaccinated people.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Heymarco said:

Good stuff!

The United States has already successfully beat coronavirus. With vaccination rates under 60%, new cases are currently at March 2020 levels. There are so many fewer places for coronavirus to come from and to spread to. The probability of major outbreaks is over.

Yeah, because no one comes here from other countries that are not doing as well.  One variant, that bypasses the vaccine, and we are back to square one.  

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

And you know this is the policy how?  This is not in writing anywhere on RCI's website.  The only reference to a COVID-19 infection is in the terms and conditions where it says you, and any close contacts, can be quarantined or disembarked.  It also says that if a certain threshold of cases appear on board, either in passengers or crew, that the cruise can end and a return to port may be necessary.  The Conditional Sail Order clearly states that upon meeting this threshold of cases, all passengers can be quarantined in their cabins until the ship returns to port.  Testing would be required of anyone that is a close contact of the infected person and on shore quarantine might be required.  There has been no change in that language to date and I don't believe the RCI has disclosed exactly what would happen in the instance of an outbreak.  So what you have said is not the case.

If that is the case in October we will be canceling and maybe *someday* we will use all the FCC we have. Or not. Ugh. Can’t imagine being quarantined in my room. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoyalC said:

They are already sailing with this policy in other parts of the world and crickets by the media because all is good so far.

Yes, places where people follow the protocols and don’t whine about their personal freedoms — like Singapore

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal has been sailing in Singapore since last December and other cruise lines have been sailing in Europe without any vaccinated passengers and no major outbreaks. 

Please do not confuse this discussion with actual real world experience.  It is much better to live in a world of fear and panic over hypothetical scenarios highly unlikely to ever occur.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

My point is that many vaccinated can be carriers. Even if 100% are vaccinated and a few bring it onto the ship....some of them or the people around them will still get mildly sick and cause the ship to shutdown.

The whole ship would freak out quickly!

If everyone is tested prior to boarding that lessens the chances.

Except the data is showing that vaccinated people, if they get Covid, shed a much smaller viral load, to the point that they aren’t creating transmission to others.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cindivan said:

If that is the case in October we will be canceling and maybe *someday* we will use all the FCC we have. Or not. Ugh. Can’t imagine being quarantined in my room. 

There’s no saying that will be the case in October, but it is the policy now. Could it change? Certainly. But I think it’s inaccurate to say there’s any assurance that being infected, or a close contact of someone who is infected, will not have a negative impact.  I would hope that RCI will be upfront with cruisers about what will be the procedures in the event of any level of infection.  A lot of emphasis on the word “hope”. 

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

Yeah, because no one comes here from other countries that are not doing as well.  One variant, that bypasses the vaccine, and we are back to square one.  

Some people seem to think that we live in some sort of protective bubble or something and what goes on outside our borders can’t impact us.  I think I heard a few days ago that the incredibly infectious and deadly India variant is here in the US.  Jeez, I wonder how that happened? 🙄

• Thanks 1