Revamped Tier Levels Coming Soon

cruzsnooze

4 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Well, that seems pretty definitive regarding the loss of the free Internet minutes. What a crock... Looks like you can have 50% off of their Internet package or zero Internet access.

Yes that appears to be 1 of the 2 changes,  the other being 10% off excursions. They are trying to encourage Princess+ packages. So for those of us who drink minimally,  we now have to decide if $40 - 15 tips -10 internet = $15 beverages is worth it. If I didn't have so much OBC on my next 6 cruises + 2 coffee programs from minibar, I might switch. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, phabric said:

WIFI used to be listed under Onboard Services.  I can not find it listed on my May 2022 cruise.  We may have to wait until onboard to find out the price.

Perhaps it's only temporarily off the site ... to give them time to jack up the prices ... with Plus seemingly very popular, the sky can be the limit for pricing, anything they want to make it.

21 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

Perhaps it's only temporarily off the site ... to give them time to jack up the prices ... with Plus seemingly very popular, the sky can be the limit for pricing, anything they want to make it.

The inflated price will give customers a bigger perceived value when they opt for the Plus fares.

36 minutes ago, voljeep said:

What is / was / will be the cost for a typical 7 day cruise for internet at the discount rate of 50% off ?

Here is a price list I had saved pre-covid which shows the previous discount for trading in your minutes.  So a 7 day was $70, now 50% off = $35 or $5/day for one device unlimited.image.png.c1932959e08b01e78d9a3fa9632e490b.png

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Thrak said:

Definitely. I don't recall ever hearing them say the Platinum/Elite free Internet minutes were going away. People seem to be assuming that but I really don't think I've heard that stated by Princess.

Right, but some have pointed out that it could be a possibility.  It definitely looks like it is being offered at "50% off", rather than a set number of minutes as a benefit.

Edited by suzyed

51 minutes ago, phabric said:

WIFI used to be listed under Onboard Services.  I can not find it listed on my May 2022 cruise.  We may have to wait until onboard to find out the price.

The fine print on the new release states that pre-purchased WiFi will be discounted on board, so I would think there should be a way to purchase the WiFi in advance.  

7 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

The fine print on the new release states that pre-purchased WiFi will be discounted on board, so I would think there should be a way to purchase the WiFi in advance.  

Of course ... once they play with the pricing for post-pause sailings.

• Haha 1

I certainly don't want or need to spend an extra $40 per person per day for Princess Plus fares.  We always have have onboard credit from our Future Cruises deposits, credits for being a shareholder,  and credits from our TA which more than cover our gratuities and drinks..  Personally I think taking away the free internet minutes for elites sucks.  It was nice to have but we never used them all and I certainly don't want to pay 50% for a MedalionNet internet package.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Well, that seems pretty definitive regarding the loss of the free Internet minutes. What a crock... Looks like you can have 50% off of their Internet package or zero Internet access.

I agree and with less than a month before the first cruises they still haven’t disclosed the unlimited plan’s cost…what’s the delay? Increasing prices? Hopefully it won’t be 50% off a more expensive price.

Just a way to push passengers towards purchasing P+ which will never be cost effective for me…very disappointing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I agree and with less than a month before the first cruises they still haven’t disclosed the unlimited plan’s cost…what’s the delay? Increasing prices? Hopefully it won’t be 50% off a more expensive price.

Just a way to push passengers towards purchasing P+ which will never be cost effective for me…very disappointing.

Sooooo many passengers have no interest in a beverage package or in an "always on" Internet package. It seems a strange time to alienate established passengers.

• Like 1

While many newer and younger cruisers might like the unlimited internet minutes cause they don't know how to disconnect from it, many of us older cruises take a cruise vacation to relax and don't need to be on the internet all the time.  I use maybe 5-10 minutes per day just to check if there are any e-mails from my kids.  Everything else is either not important or can wait till I get back home.  

As mentioned earlier all my onboard credits cover both gratuities and most of my drinks.  Getting the elite bar set-up helps.  My wife doesn't drink at all so the Princess Plus does not provide any value for her.  Now if Princess were to allow one cabin occupant to book the Plus package and the other to pay just the regular fare it might be of some interest to me.

• Like 2

Well gee. I liked the free internet minutes, and the discounts on goods and services that I never purchase anyway isn't a viable substitute. Not overly angry about this, but surely not happy either.

• Like 2

We too are disappointed in no free Internet. Princess plus doesn’t work for us, and we would never use enough time online to make it worthwhile to buy it at 50% off an unknown figure!  Will just take our phone  on land with us at ports and use a convenient cafe or bar to touch base with home.  Perks are highly overrated, and getting more useless by the day for us.  Princess should just get honest and say all or nothing, like celebrity.

Quite disappointed to see the internet minutes removed.  It was one of the perks I actually used, and counted on having.  I don't want to pay more for something like unlimited internet, when I was just fine with the limited amount I had "earned" as a perk.  Oh well, not much I can do about it right now. 

The Princess Plus model is not something I am interested in because of the price increase to the cruise itself.  I hope they bring back the mix and match perk choices at some point.   Or more reasonable ala cart perk menu prices.  I would buy a drink package if the pricing was such that I wouldn't have to drink so many drinks a day to feel like I got my money's worth.   None of their pricing models seem to be for people who drink a little. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, muffin said:

Will just take our phone  on land with us at ports and use a convenient cafe or bar to touch base with home.

We don’t use many minutes onboard and will also use a few minutes in port to check email because our cell phone company has free access in the US and other places such as Europe.

• Like 2