Has anyone forgot about the Oasis ?

15 hours ago, bgriffin5 said:

No test cruise needed for Oasis if they are going 95/98. So that’s a plus. I’m booked end of September and hoping we sail. 

Yes, I definitely hope they go with the 95/98% option for Bayonne sailings.     From another thread on cc sounds like Mr. Bayley was saying that in his announcement yesterday.     NJ is wide open and no masks whatsoever anywhere I have been.    

https://news.boat-cruises-trips.com/royal-caribbean-plans-to-resume-sailings-from-bayonne-new-jersey/

this is a link to a report that states the MAYOR of Bayonne has had talks with the PORT AUTHORITY and they are looking at Bayonne cruises restarting possibly mid august at a reduced capacity. We made our final payment for SEPT 5 and ROYAL rep stated at this time the cruise is still listed selling cabins.  Not sure of max capacity .. but this is our 3rd rebooking for the same cruise.. 

Again since they will not require test cruises with vaccination compliance, it is possible that something WILL sail either the end of AUG or SEPT 5 start.   imagine the next few months of all the other cruises will determine the final outcome..   but seriously some of the media using wording like "COVID OUTBREAK" when it is only 2 passengers out of 600 is ridiculous...  also, did the drug companies not share that those vaccinated may still contract but would be asymptomatic OR at least NOT require hospitalization for any serious symptoms... so as usual putting a sensational twist on nothing really newsworthy..  I would feel RCG definitely have a plan to deal with what ever happens and feel more than happy to board ... 

Hope to see some of you there who mentioned you are sailing SEPT 5...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TennisCaptain said:

https://news.boat-cruises-trips.com/royal-caribbean-plans-to-resume-sailings-from-bayonne-new-jersey/

this is a link to a report that states the MAYOR of Bayonne has had talks with the PORT AUTHORITY ...

Things have changed slightly since this report was posted on February 6th. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, TonyaJune said:

Just made final payment for September 12th.  I really hope this cruise happens!

"We" too.. we're supposed to be on it too with friends and family.

Edited by DJLDRUMS
adding a couple of words

39 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

Things have changed slightly since this report was posted on February 6th. 

Yikeeeessss....that comes from way back in February? It most likely has changed from what was known and said four months ago. Glad you made it known Yorkvillain. Not time to bring the luggage down from the attic yet. As i've mentioned these cancellation notifications seem to come out the first week of the month to become effective in the next three months. I'm beginning to side with one of the posters saying why bring the Oasis up to Bayonne for just September and October sailings?

27 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

I just booked the 10/17 Oasis yesterday. I guess I  should have read this thread first.

We're "all in the same boat" so to speak EllieinNJ. Damed if we do and damed if we don't. We're all hoping its going to sail in September and October. We did final payment so we wouldn't loose it but the waiting continues. The  announcements seem to happen at the beginning of the month when the cancellations occur. 

I've got a Sept. 6 Oasis cruising from Bayonne and if cancelled, I'm hoping that RCL does the right thing and provide refunds including any FCC used as part of payment.  Can't keep track of the outstanding FCCs.

I'm amazed the Oasis class can even go to Bayonne  .. meaning .. make it under the Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge.  Seemed close enough on the much smaller  Explorer a few years back .. and then 2 yrs ago on the Norwegian Escape, we seemed even closer to hitting the bottom of that bridge!

Edited by F27TW

On 6/10/2021 at 4:33 PM, DJLDRUMS said:

Still sitting off the southwest coast of Bimini Island near the Bahamas. No mention of movement to go north to Bayonne NJ to begin test cruises like some of the others in the fleet have been featured for July and August.  She was to begin operating out of Bayonne in May with stops at Port Canaveral , Nassau and Co-Co Cay. August sailings were cancelled three weeks ago. The way cancellations have been coming up, they seem to be getting posted close to two months in advance. If the Bayonne season gets scrapped for 2021 then the Oasis is going to be looking for a new port to call home until the dust settles. Opinions and views always welcomed, of course !

We have the oasis booked for a b/2/b out of florida in January.  We cancelled our August sailing a few months ago.  We are looking foward to also sailing next August out of New Jersey.  We aren't ready to sail now.

17 hours ago, dasi11 said:

I sure hope Oasis 10/17 happens....  It is my family's cruise come back!  Looking forward to cruising again and all are vaccinated!  

I just booked the following week 10/24/21 and I am waiting until the deposit deadline runs out since it is non-refundable.  Fingers  crossed!

17 hours ago, nelblu said:

I've got a Sept. 6 Oasis cruising from Bayonne and if cancelled, I'm hoping that RCL does the right thing and provide refunds including any FCC used as part of payment.  Can't keep track of the outstanding FCCs.