Latest news on restart!

yerdsyerds

Just now, Lee Cruiser said:

Not sure.  We've met a lot of people through the years, but can't recall meeting many from California.

Alrighty,  yeah I thought you were a friend of our sons, who works on the ships. 
 🙃🙃

Bobbi 

3 minutes ago, mredandchis said:

We got an email about our Elation cruise out of Canaveral sept 18th.  They replaced her with the Magic and cancelled Grand Turk and replaced it with Bimini.  I never been there.  But they did say it was a fully vaccinated cruise.  Things are fluid.

Never heard of Bimini.  Will have to check it out.  We are scheduled for Grand Turk in September.  I'm guessing they don't want ships there.

3 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Carnival must feel optimistic neither the law suit nor the Florida law will interfere with cruising to make the announcement today.

Well at least until Celebrity Millennium news broke

30 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

I highly doubt that does anything, Everyone knows positive tests were bound to happen. It is making sure those two positive tests don't turn into a full blown outbreak. 

That was on a 100% vaccinated cruise where people also had to submit a negative covid test within 72 hours or boarding.  The cruisers didn't have any symptoms and tested positive in their end of cruise testing.  This is bound to happen on any cruise and definitely nothing of concern.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Never heard of Bimini.  Will have to check it out.  We are scheduled for Grand Turk in September.  I'm guessing they don't want ships there.

Bimini is in The Bahamas. It is a group of islands about 50 miles east of Miami. Virgin Voyages has their private destination in Bimini (not sure which island). Bimini is known as the fishing capital of The Bahamas. There used to be a ferry that did day trips between Florida and Resorts World in North Bimini.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

That was on a 100% vaccinated cruise where people also had to submit a negative covid test within 72 hours or boarding.  The cruisers didn't have any symptoms and tested positive in their end of cruise testing.  This is bound to happen on any cruise and definitely nothing of concern.

It was on a 95% vaccinated cruise. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bdever said:

It was on a 95% vaccinated cruise. 

95% is a confusing number because the debate goes on without clarification from the cruise Industry. Does the other 5% include adults not vaccinated or is it to give a little wiggle room for kids not old enough for the vax.

Either way, the odds of a fully vaccinated ship having 2 to 10 passengers testing positive at some point are very high. The odds of a fully vaccinated ship having an outbreak with 2 to 10 or more being symptomatic with serious health issues are almost 0!!!!!

I feel the news from the Millennium is good news. The cruise industry will survive if just because a couple of people on a cruise test positive there’s no worry that they have a serious problem on there hands!!

Well here is an article written by someone on the ship who had contact. Very good article. I think for precautionary measures Carnival will have testing at multiple times throughout the cruises for all passengers regardless of vaccination status. I hope when we come into contact with a positive passenger and have to quarantine (because some of us will) that we are treated just as well as she was by Celebrity crew. I wouldn’t mind this so much in my Havana Cabana but also I feel really good about my choice to keep masking indoors as much as I can. 
https://thepointsguy.com/news/celebrity-millennium-cruise-ship-covid/ 

Although, it kinda sucks that all the passengers have to quarantine until all the results come back even though the 200 so far came back negative... 400 more tests to go. 
“Celebrity took good care of me while I waited for my results to come back, which happened around 10:30 p.m., when I got a call from the hotel director. However, although I tested negative, I have to remain in my cabin until the morning, as the medical team wants all results returned before allowing us out and about onboard.”

Edited by bdever
Additional comments
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, tm_aw_love said:

Where did all of the 'calm down, the vaccine requirement is ONLY for July' folks go?
I feel bad for families with young children. 

Now it's two months of vaccinations. Two more months and my Halloween sailing will be covered.  

7 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

LOL, me too. I'll only get to experience her vicariously unless they bring her or a similar ship out west. Looking forward to the review as well.  

They do have planes that fly coast to coast. 😉

30 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Not for all of us.  Booked a B2B expecting it to get cancelled and Carnival screws me out of 1200 in OBC.  

My hubby is also disappointed we won't be getting the OBC - we are scheduled for Panorama 9/4. Though I'm not convinced California will be open for cruising by then despite Carnival's best efforts.

7 hours ago, joeyancho said:

Me too. But my problem is that my 8yo grandson is going also,  which was the purpose of the cruise.  The cruise will sail with vaccinated guests. He is not eligible for a vaccine.  Now what?  

I fully expect 2-12 year olds, or at least 5-12 to be approved for vaccination by mid-summer. They definitely want kids to be vaccinated this summer so school can get back to normal after summer break. That way you wouldn't even have to worry about getting a 5% slot, especially after everyone got trampled in the July email response.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ScottsSweetie said:I'm not convinced California will be open for cruising by then despite Carnival's best efforts.

California opens up June 15th, Panorama first sail is August 21st, crew members are getting their vaccines now in San Diego & Long Beach, your Sept 4th cruise should be set to go.

Fred

• Like 3

8 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

So many of these COVID tests are false positives. Especially these "home tests" you can buy. For vaccinated folks, also requiring a COVID test is ridiculous.  

7 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Your cruises were cancelled and they aren't offering the OBCs to rebook?

I think the idea is that the cruises were booked hoping that they would end up being canceled and $1200 in OBC would be earned. Instead, the cruises are going forward as planned.

• Like 3

Just now, Scurvy Seadog said:

I think the idea is that the cruises were booked hoping that they would end up being canceled and $1200 in OBC would be earned. Instead, the cruises are going forward as planned.

Oh!  LOL.  Well, there was a 50/50 chance.

6 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Not for all of us.  Booked a B2B expecting it to get cancelled and Carnival screws me out of 1200 in OBC.  

9 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Your cruises were cancelled and they aren't offering the OBCs to rebook?

No.  The cruises aren't cancelled, so now SNJ has to actually pay for and enjoy the B2B cruises, when they were hoping for a cancellation and reap the rewards of $600 OBC per cruise, to be used on a future re-booking.

Someone tried to game the system, and may have not got the expected outcome.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2