LIVE from "Iceland's Natural Beauty" -- All Sailings, 2021

Peregrina651

3 minutes ago, eurolady said:

? What is the date on the Covid test the ship provides for return to the US? Our sailing arrives back in Reykjavik on a Tuesday, but our flight departure is 2 days later on Thursday. 

I think someone said that the day 7 test results are given to you at departure on day 8, so they're 24 hours old when you disembark.

15 minutes ago, sfocruiser said:

They serve BEER at the Blue Lagoon????    Well that changes everything!  😉

They do!!! And wine as well along with some fu - fu drinks. (I don’t drink sweet drinks)

Can someone tell me about the laundry situation on the Sky? How do you pay for it (coins?) and is it difficult to get, meaning are the machine(s) often being used? Also, where is it located on the ship?

I would love to rethink some of my packing and bring less. I will be on the July 17 sailing.

40 minutes ago, Envelope21 said:

Can someone tell me about the laundry situation on the Sky? How do you pay for it (coins?) and is it difficult to get, meaning are the machine(s) often being used? Also, where is it located on the ship?

I would love to rethink some of my packing and bring less. I will be on the July 17 sailing.

Laundry room are on every floor they are free . Each have three washer and dryers. Also ironing board and iron.  Nice couch and even tv  in the room . I usually put in a load during dinner time or later . 

I love this feature on a Viking 

Edited by Azulann
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, FoggyEthan said:

I think someone said that the day 7 test results are given to you at departure on day 8, so they're 24 hours old when you disembark.

We are supposed to get our tests this afternoon late or tonight

7 minutes ago, Triptkr said:

Has anyone heard how many passengers are on this first week's sailing?  TIA.  🙂

Somewhere I read that Jenna had announced 480 something, forget the exact number but remember I’d was just over 50%…..YMMV

Edited by Clay Clayton
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Azulann said:

Laundry room are on every floor they are free . Each have three washer and dryers. Also ironing board and iron.  Nice couch and even tv  in the room . I usually put in a load during dinner time or later . 

Wow! That is amazing! Thank you for this information!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eurolady said:

? What is the date on the Covid test the ship provides for return to the US? Our sailing arrives back in Reykjavik on a Tuesday, but our flight departure is 2 days later on Thursday. 

I was told that they are using our daily saliva test results today ( Friday , so last day before disembarkation ) as the one which will we provide to the airlines for our return. We will get paperwork that confirms that the test was negative and we will present that paperwork to the airline.  According to the attestation form - “ the test was a viral test that was conducted on a specimen collected from me during the 3 calendar days proceeding the flight’s departure “. That means if the test is done today, then it will be good for a departure on Saturday, Sunday or Monday. Based on your days, I would say that you are good to go on Thursday as long as your test is done  no earlier than on Monday  . That is what is in place right now; not sure when you are going so keep an eye on that. Your airline should have something about this in their requirements to fly back to the US .

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Envelope21 said:

the laundry facilities are no charge and include detergent. on previous trips I had little to no problem with availability. they are midship on each deck.

2 hours ago, Sailingagain123 said:

We are staying at the Silica that night too!  I hope it’s as wonderful as it sounds.

I do too.  The pictures look beautiful.  We will be celebrating our anniversary and I splurged on a lagoon view room and dinner package.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, covergirl1300 said:

the laundry facilities are no charge and include detergent. on previous trips I had little to no problem with availability. they are midship on each deck.

Should we take dryer sheets or some kind of softener?

4 hours ago, Envelope21 said:

Viking does not charge for self service wash machines, and provides soap etc.  No opinion about dryer sheets, c'mon man..it's Iceland!  Directions are pictorial, and maybe confusing to some (like me).  Irons/boards available too.  They are on alternate decks as I recall, and amoun

t of use varies by day & hour.

4 hours ago, Azulann said:

If you have Viking do your laundry for you, do you know how long it takes? 24 hours or later same day? Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Shoalwater said:

Viking does not charge for self service wash machines, and provides soap etc.  No opinion about dryer sheets, c'mon man..it's Iceland!  Directions are pictorial, and maybe confusing to some (like me).  Irons/boards available too.  They are on alternate decks as I recall, and amoun

2 minutes ago, Shoalwater said:

Oops, looks like I am the umpteenth person to answer this question.  Guess that's what happens when you read the postings last to first, miss previous answers.  Sheesh!

1 hour ago, shipster60 said:

Should we take dryer sheets or some kind of softener?

Actually this was discussed earlier in the stream and I learned that dryer sheets leave a residue in the dryer that may cause a reaction in people with sensitive skin. So, for the sake of others, dryer sheets should not be used, not even scent free ones. You learn all kinds of things here.