Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

Princess telephoned me at 7:17am today, Sunday, to cheerfully say I need to get into the green zone for an upcoming cruise and that she would be happy to help me order my medallion to accomplish this. I sleepily said OK (3/4 of bottle of Pinot last night), but that others had already tried. So, she tried...and tried....and then asked if she could call back and try again later.....Day is over, no call back and still no medallion can be ordered, but I had already been in the green zone and then something unknown happened that caused me to start from scratch. I'm way not impressed with this Medallion App.  Clunky, unusable...and I'm not tech unsavy. 

• Like 1

Calls Princess help desk last week. I can see my cruise and see I’m in the green lane. I click the personal information and I see the 5 green check marks for about a second and then I get the link booking error. Also Clicking the wellness check button gets me a blank screen. Cruise is next month hence my support call. They logged a ticket, but I’ve not heard back

i was able to use the web portal to add the missing credit card info (so why was I green lane), but there is no option to select the arrival info and clicking the wellness check just blinks for a second and then does nothing.

other 2 cruises behave themselves a little better, so I’m guessing a corrupt database issue with the first cruise.

I had my cabin changed this evening. It is correct on the personalizer but the medallion appl. hasn't made the change. Do I need to call Princess on this? I logged out and then logged back in but still didn't change. Should I just do nothing and once on board will it change automatically on the appl?Anyone know?

7 hours ago, san diego sue said:

I had my cabin changed this evening. It is correct on the personalizer but the medallion appl. hasn't made the change. Do I need to call Princess on this? I logged out and then logged back in but still didn't change. Should I just do nothing and once on board will it change automatically on the appl?Anyone know?

I  worried for nothing. The Medallion updated my cabin information this morning. All good.

Every time I go into the “Ocean Ready” part of the app, it asks me to link my booking. It won’t let me add my name or date of birth, I can add my booking number, but when I hit the “link booking” button, nothing happens?

Has anyone else had this issue, any answers?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, keithnw said:

Every time I go into the “Ocean Ready” part of the app, it asks me to link my booking. It won’t let me add my name or date of birth, I can add my booking number, but when I hit the “link booking” button, nothing happens?

STOP clicking on "link booking"!! DH did that and it created a new Captain Circle account.

Have you tried using the web-based app? It feels easier to use and you can do almost everything that the regular app can do. It would at least get you into the green lane.

11 hours ago, keithnw said:

Ignore the "link" button both in the app and the online version. It will only frustrate you and can cause problems. The only time I "linked" a booking was when I was linking some friends to make them "travel companions" in my booking so I could book dining for all of us at the same time and place.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2022 at 12:23 PM, Thrak said:

Ignore the "link" button both in the app and the online version. It will only frustrate you and can cause problems. The only time I "linked" a booking was when I was linking some friends to make them "travel companions" in my booking so I could book dining for all of us at the same time and place.

Ditto, I only saw this on Web App. I clicked the logout and logged back in as DW and sometimes as myself and it worked OK.

I just have to say that this is the wonkiest, most non-user friendly app that I have ever tried to use.

When I downloaded it yesterday, the android app store reflected 2956 reviews with a 1.6 out of a 5 star rating. I believe I concur with the majority of the reviewers.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ScottsSweetie said:

I just have to say that this is the wonkiest, most non-user friendly app that I have ever tried to use.

When I downloaded it yesterday, the android app store reflected 2956 reviews with a 1.6 out of a 5 star rating. I believe I concur with the majority of the reviewers.

I originally gave it a one star rating. After contacting the dev team it improved and my info imported to the app. After a couple more updates it got even better. These days it works quite well for me. It doesn't work as well for my wife but she has a lower end phone so that's to be expected. (At least to be expected with this particular app. It amazes me that the stupid app doesn't work on older phones. For Android it requires at least Android 8 - which is what my wife's phone has and I don't believe it can be upgraded to a newer version.)

• Like 2

Before our cruise last month I populated as Platinum on the app, but my husband only populated as blue. It took FOREVER (multiple calls/emails) for them to fix it (he wanted to order his own internet pkg). We have another cruise in January. I went to order MedallionNet, and not only is he back to blue, but now I am too. 

Once again, a bug with B2B sailings, this time related to Ocean Medallion order. 

The documents flow is correct and the booking numbers/dates are correct.   Go into the Medallion order flow, the date of the first sailing is shown.  Make the appropriate selections, go to choose a shipping method.  Ship to home is greyed out and marked “not available”. 

Call support.  They ask me to finalize the order and they’ll cancel it and we can try again.  We do so.   Same issue.   We cancel again. 

On examination during the third try, we realize there’s a bug:  the voyage displayed at the start of the Medallion order process is (correctly) the first date, but is (incorrectly) displaying the second booking number.  

Using the web interface, I can log in, but it forces the Link Booking flow immediately after, which reports that the booking number has already been claimed. 

A ticket has been opened.  We’re sufficiently far out from departure that a week won’t matter, and the booking briefly blinked into Green Lane between the (malformed) order and its cancellation. 

B2B sailings are not a corner case.  They represent clients who like the product well

enough to order seconds before they’ve even got the first helping.  This is our third set of B2Bs since the restart where something has required a support ticket prior to departure.   It’s one thing to have endless trouble supporting the endless permutations and combinations of device hardware and OS and app versions, but this is still underlying data quality issues in the back end, which mystifies me. 

Edited by VibeGuy
  • Like 1

Forgive me if this has been asked too many times already but I stopped scrolling after 4 or 5 pages back.  This is our first Medallion cruise with Princess but we are Platinum.  My app shows Green Lane and the "Go to OceanReady" blue box below, but for 2 days now it won't do anything when I try to press the icon.  I've deleted the app and reinstalled & it's updated, so I'm not sure what else to try.  Does this happen frequently?  So far, I'm not a big fan of this app way of cruising but as the young people always say, things change.  🙄

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, texswamper said:

Forgive me if this has been asked too many times already but I stopped scrolling after 4 or 5 pages back.  This is our first Medallion cruise with Princess but we are Platinum.  My app shows Green Lane and the "Go to OceanReady" blue box below, but for 2 days now it won't do anything when I try to press the icon.  I've deleted the app and reinstalled & it's updated, so I'm not sure what else to try.  Does this happen frequently?  So far, I'm not a big fan of this app way of cruising but as the young people always say, things change.  🙄

I just updated my app, and it does the same thing. I believe if you are in the green lane, that you ARE ocean ready, so there’s nothing left for you to fill out there! 😊

8 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

I just updated my app, and it does the same thing. I believe if you are in the green lane, that you ARE ocean ready, so there’s nothing left for you to fill out there! 😊

A cruise vacation is supposed to be enjoyable, fun & easy to purchase. Princess has sure taken these out of sailing with them😬. I'm sure many others will be joining me in sailing other lines in future. I'm presently (finally) Green Lane with dining reservations - though not my preferred times, nor table sharing. However, if anything changes, I'll deal with it at boarding or onboard. Too much wasted time and effort (and perks taken away).

• Like 1