Cruise planner down?

I've tried Firefox, Chrome and the Royal app and not had luck. At other times, I have had luck. Today, what worked for me was to clear my internet history before logging in. I have 5 cruises booked...once I went into the planner for one, I could not get in for any of the others, nor could I get into the one I had just been in. I cleared the history again and then was able to get in again. The only thing I can't do is get the price down on the beverage package LOL! I still have 61 days til the first of my cruises, so am hoping for a labor day (if not sooner) sale - wish me luck

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NRWPA said:

I've tried Firefox, Chrome and the Royal app and not had luck. At other times, I have had luck. Today, what worked for me was to clear my internet history before logging in. I have 5 cruises booked...once I went into the planner for one, I could not get in for any of the others, nor could I get into the one I had just been in. I cleared the history again and then was able to get in again. The only thing I can't do is get the price down on the beverage package LOL! I still have 61 days til the first of my cruises, so am hoping for a labor day (if not sooner) sale - wish me luck

This is how it is working for me, too.  IF I manage to get into a CP then it will not work again for either a new reservation or even for the one I was just in.  I use Incognito so clearing my browser shouldn't even be a problem.  This is now day 4 of this nonsense.

Last week when I was able to get in to the Cruise Planner, everything was there and looked great for my 8/29 cruise, but then later in the week and ever since, the days and locations are all jacked up - and it looks like this when I access Cruise Planner from my personal pc, my work laptop and at my parent's house.  My day 3 is Cozumel, but it says cruising and has all the Cozumel stuff below it.  Day 4 is listed as Roatan, but has all the Costa Maya stuff below it and day 5 says Costa Maya, but has all the Roatan stuff below it.  RCL needs to sort this out.

Update: as of today I still cannot access the planner for either of the reservations we have. Different browsers, clear cache and history, etc. Still get the st*pid "wait at least 15 minutes" error prompt in screenshot in my OP. 😕

• Like 2

I was having a difficult time for about 5 days. It worked maybe 10% of the time. Today when I tried it, I noticed that it redirected me to the UK site (secure.royalcaribbean.co.uk) and it worked every time. Weird. 

If they did a system “upgrade” that caused this issue, they need to back it out. 

mac_tlc

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

I was having a difficult time for about 5 days. It worked maybe 10% of the time. Today when I tried it, I noticed that it redirected me to the UK site (secure.royalcaribbean.co.uk) and it worked every time. Weird. 

If they did a system “upgrade” that caused this issue, they need to back it out. 

mac_tlc

I called 2 days ago and opened a ticket. They said they've had lots of calls about the same problem, and that it would likely take 7-10 days to be fixed. Not sure why it would take that long, but hopefully the issue will be corrected soon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Personally, I'm not convinced this is entirely Royal's problem.  It's not impacting everyone, and it's not confined to one browser.  My guess is it's a combination of the browser, the version, and plugin's.  FWIW, I still have issues in Edge, Firefox works fine.

That being said, Royal has a poor record when it comes to IT and likely is not doing as extensive testing as they need to.  I would suggest that they should make public announcements when they perform an update, and include trouble shooting tips when doing so.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, coldflame said:

Update: as of today I still cannot access the planner for either of the reservations we have. Different browsers, clear cache and history, etc. Still get the st*pid "wait at least 15 minutes" error prompt in screenshot in my OP. 😕

same.

I had no problems yesterday. The only thing that was off was a missing excursion I was interested in. Not "sold out", but simply gone.

Today - I can't even get in.

7 hours ago, Cigar King said:

Personally, I'm not convinced this is entirely Royal's problem.  It's not impacting everyone, and it's not confined to one browser.  My guess is it's a combination of the browser, the version, and plugin's.  FWIW, I still have issues in Edge, Firefox works fine.

That being said, Royal has a poor record when it comes to IT and likely is not doing as extensive testing as they need to.  I would suggest that they should make public announcements when they perform an update, and include trouble shooting tips when doing so.

Agree. No problems yesterday or today with me logging into planner. Did it 6 or 8 times last 24hrs

4 hours ago, barb in ga said:

I was able to get into the cruise planner today. I just wish I could see and reserve entertainment for the 9/4 Symphony. We're 45 days out, so maybe soon.

Barb

For now all show reservations have to be made once onboard