John reveled the Loft 19 Cabana Pricing, And oof

5 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

My husband and I got one of the Loft 19 suites for a January sailing. It was a hefty $6900. Does this mean we have to pay the $500 a day on top of our cruise price?  To me, I read "complimentary access" to mean that I didn't have to pay to access Loft 19!  

If you want a cabana it's extra.  Plenty of loungers around.  Like an upper level Serenity deck.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ShaniBell said:

for pre-booking the only option I was getting was by the week but there is something weird going on on the website and my booking is missing...ACK so I can't check at the moment.  There were only four coming up so I don't know if that was all they had left or all they were offering and were holding some back for day use.  

Regarding chairs, there seem to be a lot more pools on the Mardi Gras.  There is a pool on 8 Aft as well as the Lido.  Havana has a pool, Serenity has one, Loft 19 has its own.  Hopefully spreading out the pools will spread out the crowds.  

That is how it works on the Royal mega ships, many times they seem much less crowded than the smaller ships.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

My husband and I got one of the Loft 19 suites for a January sailing. It was a hefty $6900. Does this mean we have to pay the $500 a day on top of our cruise price?  To me, I read "complimentary access" to mean that I didn't have to pay to access Loft 19!  

You have complimentary access to the Loft 19 area because of the cabin you're staying in.  You just did not take advantage of the 3 days that you might have reserved at 6000 plus gratuity for the cabana.  I am inferring that the 650 per day, which will start out at a discounted 500 per day is for the cabana rental for anybody that can possibly rent one once they get on board,  including us poor schmucks cruising in steerage.  For 500 a day you get bottled water, a bottle of champagne and servers that will deliver whatever you want food wise.  Since it's open from 800 am to 800 pm, you technically could have all 3 meals served to you, making the cabanas that much more of a value. 🤔🤔🤔

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, kleibo said:

Carnival is pricing themselves right out.  NCL Haven is usually about $8k for 2 for a week.  That's gets you really exclusive area with pool, restaurant and all the free perks like drinks, wifi, etc.  Loft 19 is not worth it.  Go with NCL Haven 

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/the-haven

The Yacht Club on MSC blows the Haven out of the water and is cheaper.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

For 500 a day you get bottled water, a bottle of champagne and servers that will deliver whatever you want food wise.  Since it's open from 800 am to 800 pm, you technically could have all 3 meals served to you, making the cabanas that much more of a value. 🤔🤔🤔

LOL except it's just lunch.

22 hours ago, mondello said:

Vibe beach club on NCL doesn't include a Cabana. 

Add: now that I think of it, they must be available, just that what I've read is Vibe pass gets you a nice chair and service in the Vibe pool area.

Cabanas are available for an added cost and include a food and Beverage credit. Last cruise I was on cost was $250.00 per person for a week. Definitely worth the cost.

• Thanks 1

Well, the prices sound outrageous. But then again, I can get an interior for a week with the cabana rental and Loft19 access for $3,400 - really only $2,400 if I am splitting it between two cabins. Vs paying over $6,000 for the suite that has access to Loft19. Starts to make it sound like a better deal if that's where you want to spend most of your time on the cruise.

If I was traveling with four other friends/family, I think it would be worth it go in on it as a splurge on one sea day. $100-125 per person, isn't terrible. I would look at it like another excursion cost! I am wondering though if they are able to split the cost between different folio #'s or if one person has to pay it all upfront and then get reimbursed from the others in their group?? 

30 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

To me what is the point of having that awesome balcony on your corner suite if you are going to spend your free time up in Loft 19? 

Yep - I'm thinking that, at least the aft corners excel and presidential suite guests would not benefit much from Loft 19 (Cabanas).

Tom

• Like 3

We've decided to book one for a sea day if its available on our Oct. 2 sailing. We've got plenty of OBC to spare (we've already paid out-of-pocket for excursions, thermal suite, specialty dining, etc.) and this is about what we spend on the same for the poolside cabana we always rent in Vegas, but if we wanted to add a bottle of Tito's or something it's WAY cheaper than Vegas bottle prices.

This cruise is making up for lost time on birthdays and girl's trips thanks to Covid, so might as well go all out!

1 hour ago, KmomChicago said:

To me what is the point of having that awesome balcony on your corner suite if you are going to spend your free time up in Loft 19? 

That was my thought, too. I can order room service and pour my own drinks. And I can also go back in the AC if I get hot.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sanger727 said:

Well, the prices sound outrageous. But then again, I can get an interior for a week with the cabana rental and Loft19 access for $3,400 - really only $2,400 if I am splitting it between two cabins. Vs paying over $6,000 for the suite that has access to Loft19. Starts to make it sound like a better deal if that's where you want to spend most of your time on the cruise.

Those that have the suites get access to Loft 19 for 7 days, under your scenario, you get access with cabanafor 1 day.

IF I had other cabins to split the cost with, I might do this for a day. But being that the only people in our group with priority access (having booked an excel suite) gave a hard pass, the rest of us booked in measely balconies won't have a snowballs chance of getting one once onboard. 

Glad I saw John's video cause that's the only way I'll see this part of the ship. lol. Enjoy those of you who indulge. YOLO!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cruizinisthebest said:

IF I had other cabins to split the cost with, I might do this for a day. But being that the only people in our group with priority access (having booked an excel suite) gave a hard pass, the rest of us booked in measely balconies won't have a snowballs chance of getting one once onboard. 

Glad I saw John's video cause that's the only way I'll see this part of the ship. lol. Enjoy those of you who indulge. YOLO!

I think you have more of a chance than you think. When I first heard about the Loft 19 Cabanas, I just assumed the Excel Suite holders would grab up all the Cabanas. I'm not so sure now that the prices have been revealed.

49 minutes ago, mondello said:

I think you have more of a chance than you think. When I first heard about the Loft 19 Cabanas, I just assumed the Excel Suite holders would grab up all the Cabanas. I'm not so sure now that the prices have been revealed.

On our sailing, there were 9 available on the first day it was announced. Today, with 9 days until we sail, there are now "only" 8 remaining...

Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I am still confused. Only the Excel suites get complimentary access (they who already have better private deck space at their suite than the public space in Loft 19), but all others can buy a cabana, and that's the only way up? There is no non-cabana day use fee for the peasants? Something more on the order of, like, $100 per day to just use a regular lounge chair? It doesn't even have a cold water pool. That infinity structure is a whirlpool spa, which means hot tub, right?

And this 5 to a cabana thing, I really am not sure if they mean you can bring 5 of your closest friends from your neighboring steerage staterooms or if they mean the up to 5 people who are in your room? That's a big difference if sharing costs.

My low rent but effective strategy for private deck space is to visit Serenity on a port day that I stay on the ship all morning and then maybe just walk around the pier shopping space for an hour in the afternoon.  Possibly on a sea day go up before or after breakfast for a little while and snag a lounger somewhere far from a pool and read for an hour in the morning breeze, then move inside when the hoards start to descend.  Doesn't have any panache but I don't mind carrying my own food and drinks to myself from a walk up venue and I don't especially want to be in the bright sun during the midday heat anyway. That's when we are busy trying to win ships on sticks. Different strokes.