Do you request a Mini-BAR Swap? What kind of Swap? POLL

Steelers36

Do you request a Mini-BAR Swap? What kind of Swap?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Do you request a Mini-Bar Swap?

• NO - we take what is given and use that
    • YES - we swap to all non-alcoholic
    • YES - we swap some/all to our fave alcoholic and/or non-alcoholic
    • YES - we swap for 2 coffee packages
    • YES - we swap for something else
  2. 2. If you could do this, would you swap HALF the mini-bar contents for ONE coffee package?

3. 3. If you could pre-order your mini-bar content using the MC App, would you like do it?

This poll is closed to new votes

I should have included "POLL" in the post topic title.  Sigh.  Hope more reply and thanks much to those who did so far. 

@Host CJSKIDS, would it be an imposition to add the word "POLL" to the end of my topic title?  This was my first time setting up a poll and I am realizing I should have included the word in the title as it isn't obvious there is a poll to respond to.  Thanks if you can do it and understand if not possible. 

Edited by Steelers36

• Host CJSKIDS changed the title to Do you request a Mini-BAR Swap? What kind of Swap? POLL
12 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I should have included "POLL" in the post topic title.  Sigh.  Hope more reply and thanks much to those who did so far. 

@Host CJSKIDS, would it be an imposition to add the word "POLL" to the end of my topic title?  This was my first time setting up a poll and I am realizing I should have included the word in the title as it isn't obvious there is a poll to respond to.  Thanks if you can do it and understand if not possible. 

Done!  Also did the poll.

11 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Note: This poll is public. Other members can see which options you vote for.

why does it matter to other posters what I individually do or don't do ??

SO this could have been turned to anonymous?  It is my first time doing a poll.  If most want, I could re-setup and then ask this one to be deleted.  You have a point, as I did not require or need to know who does what - just the results.

I also did not set a close date.  Results are setting definite trend so far.  Won't likely need to run it much longer.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

For what it's worth, I would think there will be a bias to this poll.  I suspect that a majority, possibly, an overwhelming majority, of respondents are those who do swap out the standard bar set-up.  Most who do not request a swap will shrug their shoulders, think "Why do I care?" and move on.

Most but not all.  I responded "No" to the first question and finished the poll.  😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This poll is a good idea, IMO.  Swapping the set-up has always been a huge hassle.  Calling room service (?).  Sitting on hold for an hour.  Giving up.  Trying the next day.  Giving up entirely and taking all the unused little bottles of liquor home.  My druthers would be one coffee card and the rest water and vodka.  (It was possible to get a good bloody mary mix from room service in the old days.  I guess that's gone.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We made elite for the first time right before the shutdown   We traded everything for half diet coke and half bottled water.  Did meet a guy later on the elevator who handed off the beer from his set up to people. He said he didn't drink beer but did drink everything else.  It was a nice thing to do and he made a couple of people smile. 

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

Note: This poll is public. Other members can see which options you vote for.

why does it matter to other posters what I individually do or don't do ??

What I didn't do on this thread is explain the main two reasons for the poll (I did so on another thread).

I wanted to have some stats to see if most people do a swap and virtually everyone does.  So, if we could request our preference in advance, it could make things more efficient for Princess room service - do it once and done - and also a plus for guests who do not need to wait for what they want.

While I don't see it as a top priority, it would seem to be something that could be a feature in MC App, which means also when on board as well.  Also, could be on TV screen in cabin.  So, once MC App is stable and they are looking to add more functionality, I am thinking this could be a win for PCL and a win for guests.

But I agree it could have been anonymous if possible and of course no personal info will be shared with Princess.  I simply intend to report a poll with X respondents on CC indicated YY% request a mini-bar swap and ZZ% of those would be interested in pre-ordering.  The coffee package thing is something that has occurred to me before and the odd person has mentioned it over the years. 

At this point is looks like only about 25% would go with one coffee card (we are an example of a couple with only one coffee drinker).

Again, thanks to all for your participation.

• Like 3

I am not sure if using an App to pre-instruct on the swap is worth the hassle.  I just tell the cabin steward on Day 1 or Day 2 or Day 3, and eventually, my mini-boozes and beers disappear and become Diet Cokes.  If they do not get swapped, I leave them for the cabin steward at the end of the cruise, to further reward him for not doing the swap!

For several years we have been swapping out the bar set up for one bottle of wine. Not a huge choice but works for us. We always have the drinks package so we can have drinks, bottled water and coffee throughout the cruise. We keep the wine for the room.

I didn't respond to the survey as we aren't Elite (yet), but I was curious to read the responses. 

I would think another bias you might have is that people who are NOT on Cruise Critic might not even KNOW that they CAN swap it out. ☺️

...and Princess might not want it advertised that this is an option?

• Like 2

Interesting..  So we are only talking about Suite and Elite Guest then...

Well the mini bar always change   the spirits  for gin... 

( sometimes keep the Brandy )

Soda......    don't care as everything is too sweet ( full of sugar )

If would be good to have soda water.... ( did get it on one cruise )

On our first cruise we had a great room steward, and he told us we could swap things round in the mini bar

Don

1 hour ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

I didn't respond to the survey as we aren't Elite (yet), but I was curious to read the responses. 

I would think another bias you might have is that people who are NOT on Cruise Critic might not even KNOW that they CAN swap it out. ☺️

...and Princess might not want it advertised that this is an option?

Not at all... swapping is a normal thing.  I think it gets known beyond CC from other sources as well.