Vaccine Card Question for those who have cruised since it was required

freewilly

Carnivals website instructions for vaccinated cruisers request you provide contact info from your vaccination site. I like millions of others went thru a drive thru set up by the local health dept at a major venue here. I am wondering if this will be an issue.  

Edited by freewilly

• freewilly changed the title to Vaccine Card Question for those who have cruised since it was required
3 minutes ago, freewilly said:

Carnivals website instructions for vaccinated cruisers request you provide contact info from your vaccination site. I like millions of others went thru a drive thru set up by the local health dept at a major venue here. I am wondering if this will be an issue.  

Most likely not. I got mine in a grocery store. No issues. The only people that need to worry are those that forge the documents. I’ll tell ya this, they (port authorities) scrutinize the hell out of the documents and go down a checklist to make sure it’s authentic. At least that was my experience. 

1 hour ago, lobster1313 said:

No. Just get the info for local health department that ran the site.  Carnival didn't ask for the contact info on my sailing.

As someone else pointed out in another thread, the health department / healthcare provider which administered your vaccination isn't allowed to share health related data with Carnival unless you specifically list them as having permission to receive your information.  I wish Carnival would address this in order to prevent any possible last minute issues which could keep someone from their cruise.

• Like 1

IMHO, for anyone getting the vaccine, no mater if it was a drive through, at a rec center, at a church, etc, etc, etc. your vaccine that was administrated to you by a health authority. For me, it was my county public health administration. I'm sure it is probably the same for where ever you got your inoculation. My first place I'd go is to your county public health agency and ask questions there.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

IMHO, for anyone getting the vaccine, no mater if it was a drive through, at a rec center, at a church, etc, etc, etc. your vaccine that was administrated to you by a health authority. For me, it was my county public health administration. I'm sure it is probably the same for where ever you got your inoculation. My first place I'd go is to your county public health agency and ask questions there.  

Yes.  There are records when vaccinations are given.  I wanted to see how hard it would be to request a copy of my records.  I googled and found my state's contact email.  I sent an email and received a response that they found my record and I just needed to fill out the attached request form and email it back.  I just did that a few minutes ago and will see how long it takes.  Anyway, every state should have the same ability to get proof of vaccinations.  I received both vaccination doses in a church parking lot.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Yes.  There are records when vaccinations are given.  I wanted to see how hard it would be to request a copy of my records.  I googled and found my state's contact email.  I sent an email and received a response that they found my record and I just needed to fill out the attached request form and email it back.  I just did that a few minutes ago and will see how long it takes.  Anyway, every state should have the same ability to get proof of vaccinations.  I received both vaccination doses in a church parking lot.

Good to know TNc! Please let us know when you get the response from your email! Good job! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Good to know TNc! Please let us know when you get the response from your email! Good job! 

I will definitely post an update when I receive the copy. I have no idea if it will be an email or a paper sent to my house.  I figure that it doesn't hurt to have backup for my vaccination cards!

• Like 1

In California all vaccinations are inputted into a State data bank.

All you need to do is go to 

myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov

You’ll be asked a few question verifying who you are and then prompted to create a pin. Then you can take a screen shot of the vaccination record and it is accepted everywhere in this country.

9 hours ago, Cruise Related said:

Most likely not. I got mine in a grocery store. No issues. The only people that need to worry are those that forge the documents. I’ll tell ya this, they (port authorities) scrutinize the hell out of the documents and go down a checklist to make sure it’s authentic. At least that was my experience. 

How time consuming was that? To "scrutinize the hell out of the documents and go down a checklist to make sure it's authentic" sounds very time consuming to me and likely to hold everythin up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rebeccac said:

Do these state vaccine data bases work if you have lived and gotten vaccines in several different states?

Since each state is independent from one another, you would need to request your record from each state. 

11 hours ago, lobster1313 said:

No. Just get the info for local health department that ran the site.  Carnival didn't ask for the contact info on my sailing.

Just returned from a Vista cruise and they did not ask for this info either. We did however have the info avail just in case

2 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I live in Florida - something tells me "the rules are different here" (mid-80's Florida marketing slogan... how true)!!

Tom

Now you're just bragging! haha.  Someday we are going to move there and will be able to drive to every Florida port.

My friends just returned from a Vista cruise.  They said no one scrutinized their vaccine cards.  Said the person looked at the card for 3 seconds and that was it.  Also, in Texas it will take 14 business days to request a copy of your vaccine records.  60 days if your request is during August and September.    

I noticed this interesting note...

and wondered how you accomplished this change of title?

I started a thread(elsewhere) that I'd now like to change

but don't see any control function how I might do so.
Please help.

Change of title -how.JPG

29 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

I noticed this interesting note...

and wondered how you accomplished this change of title?

I started a thread(elsewhere) that I'd now like to change

but don't see any control function how I might do so.
Please help.

Change of title -how.JPG

You edit within 15 or 20 min of posting, so I guess if you create a thread you can alter the thread title too, I guess.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

You edit within 15 or 20 mins. of posting, so I guess

if you create a thread you can alter the thread title too, I guess.

Okay - I suspect you're right. Thanks for pointing this out.

3 hours ago, ontheweb said:

How time consuming was that? To "scrutinize the hell out of the documents and go down a checklist to make sure it's authentic" sounds very time consuming to me and likely to hold everythin up.

She was looking at it for a good 45secs, but she was also doing mine and my wife’s together. She had a little check list on her phone/tablet thingy and she’d slide her finger to one thing, look at the card, check it off, move on to the next. She did this about 4 times. 

3 minutes ago, Cruise Related said:

She was looking at it for a good 45secs, but she was also doing mine and my wife’s together. She had a little check list on her phone/tablet thingy and she’d slide her finger to one thing, look at the card, check it off, move on to the next. She did this about 4 times. 

Probably verifying name, date of birth, that there were two accepted doses, and that there was a lot number.

12 hours ago, groundloop said:

As someone else pointed out in another thread, the health department / healthcare provider which administered your vaccination isn't allowed to share health related data with Carnival unless you specifically list them as having permission to receive your information.  I wish Carnival would address this in order to prevent any possible last minute issues which could keep someone from their cruise.

They do in the ticket contract.

(9) the required completion by Guest in a timely manner of any written authorizations or consent forms required for Carnival to carry out its COVID-19 Guest Protocols (including but not limited to medical information, medical privacy, or personal data privacy consent forms), (10) vaccination of guests with documentary proof satisfactory to Carnival, according to the criteria set forth in the COVID-19 Guest Protocols in effect at the time of sailing; and; (11) other policies and procedures deemed by Carnival in its sole discretion to be necessary to reduce the risk of spread of COVID-19.

• Like 1