Royal email "You volunteered, here’s what’s next!"

Baowen

1 minute ago, coaster said:

Perfect if they show up at the winners' front door dressed in tacky blazers with balloons! 

I read that and immediately thought of taxes taken out of sweepstakes winnings and then.....

Wait a second.  The email says this is a sweepstakes AND gives a prize value! So we have to pay taxes on this prize??

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I’m skeptical.  The email comes from everbridge.net. 
I don’t think this is sponsored by RCI. 
Clickbait to get info?  

Healthy skepticism is warranted these days. However, this "contest" is also being promoted on the official Volunteer of the Seas Facebook group.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Anyone read the details where in the end non C&A can enter more than once to match thevextra entries Pins get automatically 😉

Well, we did get invites to the early rounds. I feel for the Pins in NE who were holding out for Oasis. The fact that they had a ton of no shows on first 3 or 4 was probably bad.

I feel sorry for the poor D+ and D in the northeast who did not get the early invites.

2 hours ago, footzz said:

Appearently, as of now, and unless things change, but don't bet your bottom dollar on it, there are only two more simulation cruises: 

Mariner of the Seas – Aug. 11 from Port Canaveral

Oasis of the Seas – Aug. 22 from Cape Liberty

where did you find this info?

25 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

How many nights are these sailings? I got the invite but clearing my schedule could be an issue. I take it Oasis would be out of Bayonne?

Oasis sailing out of bayonne and I think it is 5 or 6 days and will sail to bahamas, cocococay.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, robtx100 said:

I received the email as well. My email doesn't say which ship. 

A 10 year subscription to Time magazine or any Royal cruise with a late startup date for a CDC test cruise. ARV $650 or less. Void in MT.  Odds of winning - Hard to publicly state.

Edited by coaster
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jasukkie said:

How many nights are these sailings? I got the invite but clearing my schedule could be an issue. I take it Oasis would be out of Bayonne?

52 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oasis sailing out of bayonne and I think it is 5 or 6 days and will sail to bahamas, cocococay.

12 minutes ago, laumicmah said:

7 nights and stops at Cococay and Port Canaveral and Nassau

Unfortunately the simulation cruises are only two nights, regardless of the length of the cruise when it's carrying paying passengers. Of course, in today's climate anything can change, but all of the simulation cruises so far have been just the two nights.

It makes sense, really--since they're not generating any revenue, it's not a smart move to keep the passengers on board longer than necessary. But for those of us who have to fly to the port, it makes it a lot less appealing. 😕

38 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Unfortunately the simulation cruises are only two nights, regardless of the length of the cruise when it's carrying paying passengers. Of course, in today's climate anything can change, but all of the simulation cruises so far have been just the two nights.

It makes sense, really--since they're not generating any revenue, it's not a smart move to keep the passengers on board longer than necessary. But for those of us who have to fly to the port, it makes it a lot less appealing. 😕

Well, two days out of Bayonne would be perfect for me since I'm close to the port. I already won a healthcare worker cruise that I'm 99% sure will never sail (Virgin) so this would be a nice consolation prize.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BuckeyeMark said:

Can I ask a dumb question: are these sim cruises FREE?  You get to go for nothing because they need guinea pigs?

I always joke there’s no such thing as a free cruise.  You still have to pay the gratuities, wifi, alcoholic and coffee beverages, specialty restaurants, shore ex.  And your transportation to/from the cruise.  “Free” can add up! 😊

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Bayonne cruise has to be longer then 2 days, if traveling back and forth to Coco Cay?

True, if they have to follow the distant foreign port laws. Can they do a cruise to nowhere? Or can Oasis do it's test cruise from somewhere else? I actually have no idea where she is now. 

1 minute ago, Jasukkie said:

So it is 6 nights out of Bayonne for Oasis on 8/22. Now if someone can explain why I get 7 entries for Diamond, or 12 if I'm not in Crown and Anchor? Huh?

I am Gold I guess (only 2 past Royal cruises). So I got 2 entries. Can I enter my husband now, also Gold, so we would have 4 total? Is that right?

22 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

So it is 6 nights out of Bayonne for Oasis on 8/22. Now if someone can explain why I get 7 entries for Diamond, or 12 if I'm not in Crown and Anchor? Huh?

In the email we got it does say that we, C&A, can submit extra entries to get to the 12 as well. I guess they automatically submit for whatever our level is...2 for Gold or 7 for Diamond...etc. But we can do additional. But if you do another won't it be 7 again for 14? And would that disqualify you?

I just did 3 for me and 3 for the husband for 12 total entries for our household. Fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone!

Edited by laumicmah