Live from the Majestic Princess - August 8, 2021

azbirdmom

Benefit for purchasing Medallion accessories on board is no shipping ($6) and you can use OBC.  I have an assortment of do-dads from Daiso (Japanese Store in California).  Example:  Alligator clip on one end (to secure to pants) and a clip on the other (for Medallion pouch).  medallion.heic

Let's see photos from those that customized their Medallion insert.  

Very nice photos from Juneau (and from forward cabin).  Thank you to all for taking the time to include us.

I wonder if there will be a live from the next cruise (covid test required).  

Edited by cr8tiv1

41 minutes ago, J_Bronco34 said:

Can anyone tell me for future reference where the entrance is for the Club Class Dining and in which dining room is it? Booked in a full suite on the Rivera deck for next year and hopefully the CCD goes smoothly with no waiting. 

Concerto Dining Room, Deck 6 midship, port side. 88BFB9FF-22B0-4070-9B33-CFD469805A62.thumb.jpeg.07dfeb414c14501648fa37a899b1e426.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

Asking about Afternoon tea onboard - can you show up without reserving a time on the app? Thank you! 

I see that this was actually already answered with a yes. But I'd be curious to know in this near future not that the ship capacity is starting to be close to 100% if they're actually ever going to implement the whole reservation system that they're pushing on The Medallion app. Because when I was on last cruise with the reduced capacity it was more first come first serve nobody was checking any reservations or doing headcounts of how many people were coming in so interesting to see if they'll actually implement soon. Then yet again when I was on there really was no social distancing so...

Edited by Jeter02

9 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Absolutely. You can keep it in a pocket I personally keep it in a little hand clutch. But also keep in mind when you order The Medallion if you don't want any accessories it automatically comes with a complimentary lanyard.

Another medallion question: so I absolutely have to walk around with this thing? I typically don’t like to carry anything beyond key card. This looks A little cumbersome, so I may have to wear the lanyard. Horrors! 😂😂

6 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I wonder if there will be a live from the next cruise (covid test required).  

It's been discussed on the Roll Call for next week.  Someone said that they would start a Live thread.  I can tell you now that some have considered or decided to cancel due to the difficulty of finding a COVID test in their small town or difficulty planning to get one when they were going to be traveling or visiting Seattle within the three days, and some are having to drive like 45 minutes away to find one.  It has definitely been a topic of conversation.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

57 minutes ago, LinnieRed said:

Another medallion question: so I absolutely have to walk around with this thing? I typically don’t like to carry anything beyond key card. This looks A little cumbersome, so I may have to wear the lanyard. Horrors! 😂😂

Put it in your pocket or use a clip 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

I see that this was actually already answered with a yes. But I'd be curious to know in this near future not that the ship capacity is starting to be close to 100% if they're actually ever going to implement the whole reservation system that they're pushing on The Medallion app. Because when I was on last cruise with the reduced capacity it was more first come first serve nobody was checking any reservations or doing headcounts of how many people were coming in so interesting to see if they'll actually implement soon. Then yet again when I was on there really was no social distancing so...

Unfortunately, it looks like the only place the reservation system is implemented is in the MDRs. As @PescadoAmarillopointed out, there's a table in the MDR that is "reserved" even tho' no one has ever bothered to show up. To rub salt in the wound, the staff is unable to over-ride the system.

This is so backward.

1 hour ago, LinnieRed said:

Another medallion question: so I absolutely have to walk around with this thing

No of course not. You can walk around as much as you like without it, as long as you don't want to get back into your cabin.

• Like 8
  • Haha 8

"2 people in the same cabin, both with PLUS - each order a glass of wine on their own app for room service - does that result in 2 different deliveries 

as a totally non-IT type - is that such a hard thing to fix to link the 2 accounts so that each individual account gets 'charged' for their drink and they come at the same time by one room service server ?

Princess needs to consolidate beverage packages for those linked and sharing cabins and those linked and in different cabins."

Princess need to consolidate passenger's accounts that are linked and sharing the same cabin and those linked and not sharing a cabin. Example: instead on 15 alcoholic beverages/pp/day for a linked couple it's a total of 30. If two are linked then two orders at the same time. Three linked, three at the same time. Princess does not seem to have a handle on the program as well as how their customers actually operate on a cruise.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LinnieRed said:

If you can carry a key card you can carry the medallion. The medallion is just a little larger than a quarter, not cumbersome. It comes in a plastic holder that is around the size of a credit card. You can leave it in the holder, or remove it. On board think of the medallion as basically a new style cruise card which allows you to get on/off the ship, purchase drinks or other items, unlocks your cabin door, identifies you to wait staff, all the normal things cruise cards did. Additionally it allows you and the ship's staff some additional options, example contact tracing during the covid era.

Think of when room keys went from actual keys to cards. Now it's cards to a medallion. Don't confuse the medallion with the medallion class app & system. The two are connected, but different things. The medallion class app & system is accessed from smart devices such as cell phones, from your cabin TV, or from screens around the ship. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LinnieRed said:

Another medallion question: so I absolutely have to walk around with this thing? I typically don’t like to carry anything beyond key card. This looks A little cumbersome, so I may have to wear the lanyard. Horrors!

Cumbersome? Hardly!

It's approx. the size of a quarter....just a little thicker. I keep it in my pocket with loose change.

• Like 3

Hubby and I are on next weeks cruise.  Can anyone give us any insight on what's happening with the buffet.  Is it open ? And if so, for breakfast, lunch and dinner ? Assuming crew serving rather than self serve.

1 hour ago, skynight said:

If you can carry a key card you can carry the medallion. The medallion is just a little larger than a quarter, not cumbersome. It comes in a plastic holder that is around the size of a credit card. You can leave it in the holder, or remove it. On board think of the medallion as basically a new style cruise card which allows you to get on/off the ship, purchase drinks or other items, unlocks your cabin door, identifies you to wait staff, all the normal things cruise cards did. Additionally it allows you and the ship's staff some additional options, example contact tracing during the covid era.

Think of when room keys went from actual keys to cards. Now it's cards to a medallion. Don't confuse the medallion with the medallion class app & system. The two are connected, but different things. The medallion class app & system is accessed from smart devices such as cell phones, from your cabin TV, or from screens around the ship. 

Thank you for the distinction. I was confused about the difference. Learning before our June 25 sailing on Majestic.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kwbe1 said:

Hubby and I are on next weeks cruise.  Can anyone give us any insight on what's happening with the buffet.  Is it open ? And if so, for breakfast, lunch and dinner ? Assuming crew serving rather than self serve.

It's been reported on the 3 "Live Froms" that the buffet is open all meals and crew is serving.

54 minutes ago, Cali Viajera said:

Thank you for the distinction. I was confused about the difference. Learning before our June 25 sailing on Majestic.

Me too.  Having never cruised Princess before, seems like a lot to learn. Medallions, apps, etc. 

6 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Thanks for your  insightful observations. I really appreciate your input and the time you have taken in your posts. We all need to remember that many protocols and procedures will surely evolve and change as the capacity increases.  What the first cruisers experienced may not even come close to what we will see in cruises coming up. It is definitely interesting! I enjoyed riding along with you 😄 and the others who shared their time with us. It was as close to being there, as I could get, for now.

• Like 3

On 8/10/2021 at 7:57 AM, billco said:

If the veggie burgers are still the same as in the past, Princess should be paying $4.00.

I do see it's complimentary on the room service menu, for what that's worth although still $4 at the burger/lobster bar. I'm still a bit confused on why the lobster roll would be 15 bucks. You can get one twice the size for that amount in Seattle and they are very good.

Edited by Glaciers

19 hours ago, Thrak said:

That's what was reported in the previous Live thread. Two different people delivering to the same cabin. What an insane waste of time and resources.

I'm not trying to start a battle here but if 2 people are in the same room why not just pick up the phone and order drinks from room service? Is it slower than using the app?? 

19 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

I do see on one of the menus they are complimentary, for what that's worth although still $4 at the burger/lobster bar. I'm still a bit confused on why the lobster roll would be 15 bucks. You can get one twice the size for that amount in Seattle and they are very good.

I'll be in Seattle soon. Where can I get a lobster roll? Last time I had one was on Martha's Vineyard 20 years ago and it was $10.

This if the first day we’ve had no on board statement issues stemming from the PBP and so no need to visit Guest Services. Yay!

Breakfast in the Concerto Dining Room, a walk around the ship and now we are back in our cabin awaiting the train’s arrival (on our side of the ship)…and sharing our phones. The outlet on the desk must be loose or defective ; we woke up to phone batteries just as depleted as when we plugged them in. 

Just posting the breakfast specials portion of the breakfast menu, as the rest of it does not change from day to day. 

88776294-4333-46FD-A140-19C2ADCB2E49.jpeg

E2681361-CC4F-4D13-9983-810CE67C5F31.png

566E52F9-10C1-4BD4-A2E9-9D8CA2B9EBBA.png

DD995F1D-B459-4793-BC0E-9B45909D6E12.png

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SaltwaterDaffy said:

I'll be in Seattle soon. Where can I get a lobster roll? Last time I had one was on Martha's Vineyard 20 years ago and it was $10.

My wife just reminded me that we had dungeness crab rolls and not lobster rolls. Pike Place Chowder and Bar Harbor are both good for rolls although I’m not even seeing Dungeness on the menus. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

This if the first day we’ve had no on board statement issues stemming from the PBP and so no need to visit Guest Services. Yay!

Breakfast in the Concerto Dining Room, a walk around the ship and now we are back in our cabin awaiting the train’s arrival (on our side of the ship)…and sharing our phones. The outlet on the desk must be loose or defective ; we woke up to phone batteries just as depleted as when we plugged them in. 

Just posting the breakfast specials portion of the breakfast menu, as the rest of it does not change from day to day. 

Did you happen to capture today's lunch menu? or is there no dining room lunch because you'll be in port at lunchtime? Thanks for taking the time to do this!