Jump to content

Live from the Majestic Princess - August 8, 2021


azbirdmom
 Share

Recommended Posts

Everyone on the first two cruises was so nice to spend time sharing info with the rest of us that I've created this thread for those of us sailing on the Majestic (TODAY!!!!) to do the same.

 

We are boarding in a couple of hours.  We flew in yesterday afternoon and arrived at our hotel - the Seattle Waterfront Marriott - in time to wander the waterfront and enjoy the gorgeous weather.  It would be a fantastic location to stay if we were going on NCL Encore as it was berthed across the street and we could have easily walked there.  Pier 91 where Princess (and HAL) docks is about two miles and we've reserved spots on a 10 AM shuttle to get to the ship.  We expect to have a little wait once we get there but after waiting 1.5+ years to get back on a ship, another hour or two will be nothing!

 

Off to breakfast but I will try to check in before we leave.

 

 

  • Like 27
  • Thanks 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks so much for doing this! One tiny thing if you would check for me - Sur La Mer breakfast/brunch menu. I see it is open for those meals but have seen nothing about the menus for those times. I hope you have a wonderful cruise and please do check in and let us know how it is going! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We stayed by Sea-Tac last night and our shuttle picks us up at 10:15. See you soon! 

 

Thanks for starting this. We'll do what we can to contribute. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Everyone on the first two cruises was so nice to spend time sharing info with the rest of us that I've created this thread for those of us sailing on the Majestic (TODAY!!!!) to do the same.

 

We are boarding in a couple of hours.  We flew in yesterday afternoon and arrived at our hotel - the Seattle Waterfront Marriott - in time to wander the waterfront and enjoy the gorgeous weather.  It would be a fantastic location to stay if we were going on NCL Encore as it was berthed across the street and we could have easily walked there.  Pier 91 where Princess (and HAL) docks is about two miles and we've reserved spots on a 10 AM shuttle to get to the ship.  We expect to have a little wait once we get there but after waiting 1.5+ years to get back on a ship, another hour or two will be nothing!

 

Off to breakfast but I will try to check in before we leave.

 

 

Have a fantastic and safe cruise!

If anyone has The Enclave at Lotus Spa 7-Day Pass, I would be interested how many people they allow in the Thermal Suite/Enclave during one reservation period, mask wearing policy while using it and whether the two hours per day can be broken into smaller segments for a given day. Thanks in advance.

 
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Everyone on the first two cruises was so nice to spend time sharing info with the rest of us that I've created this thread for those of us sailing on the Majestic (TODAY!!!!) to do the same.

 

We are boarding in a couple of hours.  We flew in yesterday afternoon and arrived at our hotel - the Seattle Waterfront Marriott - in time to wander the waterfront and enjoy the gorgeous weather.  It would be a fantastic location to stay if we were going on NCL Encore as it was berthed across the street and we could have easily walked there.  Pier 91 where Princess (and HAL) docks is about two miles and we've reserved spots on a 10 AM shuttle to get to the ship.  We expect to have a little wait once we get there but after waiting 1.5+ years to get back on a ship, another hour or two will be nothing!

 

Off to breakfast but I will try to check in before we leave.

 

 

Have a wonderful cruise.  A couple of questions for you:  What form of transportation did you use to get from airport to Marriott?  Second, you mentioned a shuttle to the pier -- does the Marriott have a shuttle? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Italy52 said:

Have a wonderful cruise.  A couple of questions for you:  What form of transportation did you use to get from airport to Marriott?  Second, you mentioned a shuttle to the pier -- does the Marriott have a shuttle? 

 

 

Thank you!  We took a plain old taxi not wanting to mess with rail etc.  It was $42 + tips and traffic was relatively light.

 

Marriott does not have a shuttle but the concierge will set you up for a shared shuttle ride to the port.  It's $10 PP plus tips.  They leave every 40 minutes and we got the last two spots on the 10 AM shuttle (they have room for 10 passengers).  The next one with availability was after noon and we have the "A" boarding group so that would be a bit late.

 

By the way, there's lots of other ships that dock across the street from the Marriott.  A Silversea ship is there today.  Yesterday we could see the tail end of the Encore from our balcony but the one today is much smaller and we didn't know it was there until we went outside.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, azbirdmom said:

 

Thank you!  We took a plain old taxi not wanting to mess with rail etc.  It was $42 + tips and traffic was relatively light.

 

Marriott does not have a shuttle but the concierge will set you up for a shared shuttle ride to the port.  It's $10 PP plus tips.  They leave every 40 minutes and we got the last two spots on the 10 AM shuttle (they have room for 10 passengers).  The next one with availability was after noon and we have the "A" boarding group so that would be a bit late.

 

By the way, there's lots of other ships that dock across the street from the Marriott.  A Silversea ship is there today.  Yesterday we could see the tail end of the Encore from our balcony but the one today is much smaller and we didn't know it was there until we went outside.

 

Thanks for the quick response, I appreciate it.  Have not been to the Marriott Waterfront in years.  We sail with Royal Caribbean to Alaska tomorrow and will be on the Majestic to Alaska on the 22nd so looking forward to hearing all about your experiences.  Thanks for sharing your journey.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

thanks for doing a live from. 

 

Bon Voyage and I can’t wait to hear all about your trip!

 

Don’t forget to tell Jovie hi. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We’re on this trip as well.  I hope that this thread will include a bit more of what’s off the ship (glaciers, wildlife) as well as all the onboard amenities, food, medallion app, etc. I’m looking forward to the naturalist  Michael Modzelewski’s presentation on Monday morning.

 

I walked down and watched the Norwegian Encore depart yesterday. They had a pretty good send off. There was a wedding on top of the cruise terminal just before the departure and the Seattle Fireboat was out putting on a show until the ship departed as it did when the Majestic departed on 7/25.   azbirdmom, you may have seen it since it was just aft of the ship?

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

azbirdmom, you may have seen it since it was just aft of the ship?

We didn’t see that. We didn’t get to the hotel until after 4 and immediately went out exploring. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

we've reserved spots on a 10 AM shuttle to get to the ship.

 

2 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

We are outside waiting for the doors to open.

So it took only 15 minutes to get from the hotel to the ship? (My shuttle next week is organized by the hotel)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For those who asked question about Marriott Waterfront.  I used lyft to get from airport to hotel and then from hotel to port.  I arrived three days prior and did sightseeing;  looking at Oceania, and NCL dock across the street from hotel made me think;  hmmm I should have sailed with them instead of Princess.  But anyway,  if you want seafood;  there is a place across street from Marriott right where the cruise ships dock.  Up the hill 1/4 mile is Pikes fish market and the original Starbucks on Pike Street.  Have fun on your cruise.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

We are in the Elite boarding area already. They opened the doors at 10:20 and in we went. At least 30 employees at stands were ready for us. We swiped our Medallions, they checked our passports and took a quick peek at our vaccination cards and we were waved upstairs. We are in the Elite area waiting to board. No drinks or snacks here but plenty of room here. 

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice pics;  its only a matter of minutes before you board this ship.  Have a wonderful cruise.  Thanks for keeping us happy by posting your pics

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Ombud said:

 

So it took only 15 minutes to get from the hotel to the ship? (My shuttle next week is organized by the hotel)

It was very fast.  I thought we would have a longer time outside but the doors opened for check in at 10:20. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow!!  Bon voyage!!  

We were lucky enough to be on that first sailing and it was spectacular.  So many things we didn't get a chance to see because we were just busy.  We had reservations for dinner at 6:20 and would make it to the 8:15 show in Princess Live (always so funny) and then off to the production or other show in the Princess Theater.  It was such a great cruise!! 

If you or anyone that reads this is a wine drinker, please stop by Vines and say hi from Kenny (Santa) and Lisa to the staff there:  Ganna, Ricky, Derick and Mike (we miss them all so much!)  

They are really good about recommending a great wine or drink to try!  

Oh, and if you eat at the Concerto, Raul is absolutely the best waiter!  He also has great recommendations for menu options and the BEST laugh!  Dulce, the hostess at the Concerto was always such a sweetheart and she, along with the head waiters Samsuri and Paulo, always made sure to save us a table for two in Raul's section.  They all got a 10 on our post cruise survey.  

Enjoy your cruise .... I have to admit, I'm a little jealous.  😉 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

It was very fast.  I thought we would have a longer time outside but the doors opened for check in at 10:20. 

Yes!!!  Things seem to be returning to normal.  Get to terminal.  Opens early.  Designated seating area to wait for the general boarding to commence and no doubt your area will be the first to board.  This is the way it should work.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Everyone on the first two cruises was so nice to spend time sharing info with the rest of us that I've created this thread for those of us sailing on the Majestic (TODAY!!!!) to do the same.

 

We are boarding in a couple of hours.  We flew in yesterday afternoon and arrived at our hotel - the Seattle Waterfront Marriott - in time to wander the waterfront and enjoy the gorgeous weather.  It would be a fantastic location to stay if we were going on NCL Encore as it was berthed across the street and we could have easily walked there.  Pier 91 where Princess (and HAL) docks is about two miles and we've reserved spots on a 10 AM shuttle to get to the ship.  We expect to have a little wait once we get there but after waiting 1.5+ years to get back on a ship, another hour or two will be nothing!

 

Off to breakfast but I will try to check in before we leave.

 

 

We sailed on the NCL Encore's inaugural cruise in November 2019 from Southampton to New York. Loved the cruise and loved the ship.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm on the ship next week and would love to hear about the salmon run in Ketchikan and Skagway. I usually sail early in the season and rarely Aug/Sept so am always too early.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...