Live from the Majestic Princess - August 8, 2021

azbirdmom

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Must be a change as many advise to avoid the shipping charges pre-cruise and just buy on board.  Now, need to compare.  Always changes; not always for the best.

Is it possible just to carry the medallion without purchasing any accessories?

1 minute ago, LinnieRed said:

Yes -- accessories not needed. Comes with a lanyard & I use a retractable reel badge holder from a previous job. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Yes -- accessories not needed. Comes with a lanyard & I use a retractable reel badge holder from a previous job. 

We do the same. I like the retractable badge holders. I just replace the background card around the medallion with a custom homemade one, to make it more personal.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

You’ll see it in section 5 of their Passage Contract for all bookings.

Guests agree not to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages on board for consumption or for any other use except as follows:

• For Guests of legal drinking age, an allowance of one (1) bottle of wine or champagne (750 mL in volume or less) per Guest per Voyage may be presented to security during embarkation. A US $20.00 corkage fee will be charged should Guests wish to consumer their wine or champagne in the ship’s public areas.
  • A US $20.00 corkage fee (which is subject to change without notice) will apply to each additional bottle (750 mL in volume or less) beyond the one-bottle per Guest per Voyage allowance. Limitations apply, and wine brought in quantities deemed to be excessive by the vessel or security will be refused.
  • Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.  Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding.

Thank you, Astro Flyer for the helpful information.  I might never have found it buried in the fine print.

2 hours ago, farsight said:

I asked a question earlier that appears to have disappeared as well. I will try a condensed version. Wondering if anyone has Wifi calling and if it works on Medallion Net. I think that if it does latency might play heck with it.

Yes, it works fine.

Also, thanks to blog reader Erin who emailed me late last week, the secret to using T-Mobile cellular in Alaska on an iPhone is to go to Settings> Cellular>Network Selection> turn off Automatic and choose GCI instead. Honestly, I couldn’t cruise without the help of so many people!!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, tplombardo said:

Thank you, Astro Flyer for the helpful information.  I might never have found it buried in the fine print.

You’re welcome…it’s not easy to locate buried in the fine print.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Just a couple of comments - first the trail up to Mt Roberts is always muddy.  Totally agree that if you are going to do it, go up and take the tram down.  While it takes more effort to do the climb, coming down you will be slipping and sliding in certain areas.  Once you are up at the tram, go into the restaurant and have a drink or a quick bite and then you have a free ride down (remember to get and keep your receipt).

We are watching with interest what happens to everyone regarding the dining situation.  One of our favorite parts of cruising is having the same table and waiters on a nightly basis.  Like PescadoAmarillo, we have always met the Maitre'd the first day and set this up (we don't like traditional as they try to set the pace to get you out).  Dining for us is at least an hour and a half to two hours.  We currently have 6 cruises booked with Princess and a couple with Crystal.  Unfortunately it is starting to look like we may have to move more to the smaller lines if Princess doesn't get the dining figured out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LinnieRed said:

Absolutely. You can keep it in a pocket I personally keep it in a little hand clutch. But also keep in mind when you order The Medallion if you don't want any accessories it automatically comes with a complimentary lanyard.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Also, thanks to blog reader Erin who emailed me late last week, the secret to using T-Mobile cellular in Alaska on an iPhone is to go to Settings> Cellular>Network Selection> turn off Automatic and choose GCI instead. Honestly, I couldn’t cruise without the help of so many people!!

I have to do something special in Alaska but not in Vietnam or Egypt?

1 hour ago, Wulfwyn said:

This is the onboard  price 

20210810_121850.jpg

20210810_121844.jpg

20210810_121850.jpg

Just checked the prices on-line:  pendant - $30; bracelet - $45;  sport band - $10; sport clip - $7; metallic clip - $9; sustainable wrist strap - $17; sustainable clip - $15: lanyard inserts - $5.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Yes. I know. Crazy, right?  But it works. If you don’t do this, it will show no service. 

Wow…good to know.  My husband may get some work calls so we need to make sure his phone works.  Don’t worry, he’s a consultant so every call gets billed

5 hours ago, tplombardo said:

Ronnieslady, can you tell us where on the Princess website can I find the policy for bringing canned drinks on board?  Thanks.

A month or two ago Princess changed the Passage Contract about limiting the amount of canned soft drinks we are allowed to take on board.  Read about it here on CC. And we must only walk on with them ourselves.   No more giving them to the porters with your luggage to bring up to our cabins. And no bottle water @ all.  
i was hoping it was actually going to start next year.  That’s why I was asking anyone thats onboard now or been onboard, what’s going on about it. ???

Can anyone tell me for future reference where the entrance is for the Club Class Dining and in which dining room is it? Booked in a full suite on the Rivera deck for next year and hopefully the CCD goes smoothly with no waiting.